Jojo

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Jojo

Postby dazby » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:35 am

I'm watching a replay of the derby. Jojo had eaten a whole bottle of angry pills.

I was expecting more of an impact from him early season. It seems to all be on Aguero's shoulders but I'd love to see him impact the scoresheet more.

Thoughts?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Re: Jojo

Postby Mike J » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:45 am

If he can string together a run of games he will be one of our most important players. Extremely gifted footballer.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dameerto » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:31 am

My thoughts are that it's no accident our midfield struggled when he was taken off - he works hard for the team and is a good screen for the midfield.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:36 am

Dameerto wrote:My thoughts are that it's no accident our midfield struggled when he was taken off - he works hard for the team and is a good screen for the midfield.

That wasn't because Jovetic was taken off, it was because Milner was also removed. Stupid substitutions from Pellegrini once again.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Dameerto » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:37 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Dameerto wrote:My thoughts are that it's no accident our midfield struggled when he was taken off - he works hard for the team and is a good screen for the midfield.

That wasn't because Jovetic was taken off, it was because Milner was also removed. Stupid substitutions from Pellegrini once again.

It was both. Milner was doing a good job keeping Di Maria quiet and Jovetic was supporting midfield.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:26 am

Apart from the solo Aguero moments, Jovetic was at the heart of most of our best attacking football, as he was on Wednesday.

I said the other night; if you put him next to someone like Suarez, who loves a 1-2, either making the runs or making the pass, Jovetic would be fantastic.

Having said that, I think the Count should tell him to shoot more though, even if he hits the corner flag & causes a few whingy old cunts to moan. Some will go in, & that's what we need, for variety.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:29 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Apart from the solo Aguero moments, Jovetic was at the heart of most of our best attacking football, as he was on Wednesday.

I said the other night; if you put him next to someone like Suarez, who loves a 1-2, either making the runs or making the pass, Jovetic would be fantastic.

Having said that, I think the Count should tell him to shoot more though, even if he hits the corner flag & causes a few whingy old cunts to moan. Some will go in, & that's what we need, for variety.

Problem with Jovetic's shooting is he telegraphs it. You know he is going to drift in from the left wing put it onto his right foot just outside the box and have a crack. Its nice to see us actually shooting outside the box but we need to be a but more inventive.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:02 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

It was both. Milner was doing a good job keeping Di Maria quiet and Jovetic was supporting midfield.

Jovetic dropping back supporting midfield made a huge difference to us defensively. It stopped Yaya being drawn towards their sitting midfielder which meant they couldn't outnumber us in the middle. Aguero and/or Dzeko just doesn't do this enough.

Negredo was great for this too.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby nottsblue » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:10 pm

If Jovetic had a run of say ten games, starting with Aguero, not only would we see a vast improvement in Jovetic's output, but also Aguero's. I'd reckon on 15+ goaks between them at least
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:13 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Apart from the solo Aguero moments, Jovetic was at the heart of most of our best attacking football, as he was on Wednesday.

Problem with Jovetic's shooting is he telegraphs it. You know he is going to drift in from the left wing put it onto his right foot just outside the box and have a crack. Its nice to see us actually shooting outside the box but we need to be a but more inventive.

A talent of a player who we might need to adjust too, his lift over the rags defence in the 1st half was fantastic, he also had Smalling on toast, when allowed, in Sergio we do not have a player who wants to read a players mind, he has enough at international level, which Jovetic needs as he is seeing the big picture, Sergio is explosive, Jove, like Messi has that drift role and spots a pass his flicks are perfect if read, odd looking if not.The one to Nasri v the scousers, drifts in at the back post unmarked and makes a rising ball look easy to dispatch, Milner sub was just tinkering for no reason and back fired. Both players seem to want to play the game faster than others are prepared to.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sheblue » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:28 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Jovetic dropping back supporting midfield made a huge difference to us defensively. It stopped Yaya being drawn towards their sitting midfielder which meant they couldn't outnumber us in the middle. Aguero and/or Dzeko just doesn't do this enough.

Negredo was great for this too.

This is one reason why he should be starting ahead of Dzeko.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:30 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

Whether he telegraphs it or not, he gets shots through, on target.

Vs the rags, he curled one toward the top corner but it was too close to DeGea. On another day, he will connect with more pace & accuracy, & that will fly in the top corner.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:35 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

A talent of a player who we might need to adjust too, his lift over the rags defence in the 1st half was fantastic, he also had Smalling on toast, when allowed, in Sergio we do not have a player who wants to read a players mind, he has enough at international level, which Jovetic needs as he is seeing the big picture, Sergio is explosive, Jove, like Messi has that drift role and spots a pass his flicks are perfect if read, odd looking if not.The one to Nasri v the scousers, drifts in at the back post unmarked and makes a rising ball look easy to dispatch, Milner sub was just tinkering for no reason and back fired. Both players seem to want to play the game faster than others are prepared to.

Milner may have been subbed for tomorrow night. He was pushing himself beyond the limit to keep up the intensity.

The Count is correct in assuming that the players who take his place should produce the same level of effort imo. Fernandinho did, Nasri tried to, Dzeko didn't particularly bother. There was the problem. Had that been Tevez coming on, the rags would have had even more of a problem getting into the game, not less.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:53 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

This.

Our managers substitutions weakened us needlessly on sunday and were plain daft.

On Jovetic, he simply needs to stay fit - something he hasn't been able to do in the last 15 months.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby AntMcfc » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:57 pm

Overrated imo. He fools people with his energy and liveliness on the ball. He's very good technically, his first touch and control are top class, plus he's capable of the unpredictable, but where does it get him? His end product is very questionable. He operates in non dangerous areas, he doesn't get a lot of goals+assists, I've not seen him play well against a good pressing unit. His main problem in this side is that he's obviously not better than Silva as a #10, and can't play as an out and out #9 like Dzeko or Aguero. He's capable of playing Aguero's role just behind Dzeko in the 442 but we all know he's not going to displace Aguero. I'm not sold on him and don't think he's the answer for us.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby zuricity » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:26 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

Fair points, the fact that we were doing nothing special in front of the goal on Sunday says it all.
Jovetic flatters to deceive in my opinion.
He scores the occasional goal, but so do most city players because we are always in attacking mode.

He most certainly didn't impose himself on the game on sunday.Certainly not in the way Silva does.

I have mixed thoughts about the guy . i really want him to do well,but i don't think it will happen

As for the negativity about Edin. It's amazing how fickle some are. This guy rose to the chance last season to get the important goals. Especially when kun was injured and Negs was misfiring.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:36 pm

I'm unsure about Jovetic but I hope Ted and OD are right in their constant backing of the guy. The quality and football brain he has, that should be plain to see for all and sundry. Whether it will work out for him here or whether he can stay fit is something completely different.

If it works out for him here though, we are gonna have one cool player. I don't know many players that play like he (seemingly) likes to do. He's an old school dribbler, most players get that beat out of them before they make the senior team.

Also, I have no idea what you mean with angry pills Dazby. Are you going to become more poetic now that MEN quoted you? Stay real!
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:44 pm

So in our team so far this season, people recon Jovetic's performances have on the whole been of a lesser standard to the others ?

Seriously ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby AntMcfc » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:55 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:So in our team so far this season, people recon Jovetic's performances have on the whole been of a lesser standard to the others ?

Seriously ?

Who said that?
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:59 pm

Yeah, define people Ted. I just said I hoped you were right, which seems to be the total opposite of complaining about him.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum