So that's what Sheik M and Perez spoke about?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

So that's what Sheik M and Perez spoke about?

Postby john@staustell » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:37 am

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... ester-City

Real Madrid strike £350m deal with Manchester City
REAL MADRID have struck a £350m deal with Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour to redevelop the iconic Bernabeu Stadium.

The European champions want to give the Bernabeu a massive facelift and have secured multi-million pound funding from the company headed by Sheikh Mansour.

Real, who face Liverpool in a Champions League Group B clash in Madrid tomorrow, have turned to the billionaire due to debts of almost £500m.

The Spanish giants are now relying on Sheikh Mansour's company 'International Petroleum Investment Company' (IPIC) to give them an injection of funds for the renovation of the Bernabeu.

Sheikh Mansour has invested more than £1b in City since buying the club in September 2008 to transform the club's fortunes.

City have overtaken neighbours Manchester United to win two of the last three Premier League titles and secured a fourth successive derby win over their red rivals on Sunday.

But despite Sheikh Mansour's involvement at the Etihad Stadium, his role as chairman of IPIC does not break UEFA rules on club ownership.

The Abu Dhabi royal family have no stake in Real beyond the upcoming investment by IPIC, which has been described as a 'long-term strategic partnership' with the Spanish giants.

In return for the funding, Real have agreed to promote Abu Dhabi around the world.

IPIC managing director Khadem Al Qubaisi said: "IPIC is proud to join forces with Real Madrid, the world's top football club and sporting brand.

Real president Florentino Perez said the result of the partnership will be "one of the best stadiums in the world, a unique architectural landmark for the city of Madrid and a symbol of innovation for our country."

IPIC's investment will also fund a series of Real Madrid museums, expansion of the club's global network of football schools and the creation of content for digital-media platforms.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: So that's what Sheik M and Perez spoke about?

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:42 am

Hmm.

Only benefit I can see is us being able to have a word with Perez and get him, in turn, to have a word in Uefa's ears to cut out the shit they've thrown at us. Either that or we foreclose on Madrid and sweep up their playing squad.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:06 am

Sign Benzema and call 300 mill, he is a must sign for me holds it up, we would be force with him and Kun, plus he finishes for fum.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:19 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Sign Benzema and call 300 mill, he is a must sign for me holds it up, we would be force with him and Kun, plus he finishes for fum.

does he track back?
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:58 pm

So Real Madrid & City are now strategically connected.

Bit worrying for the cartel I would say.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:59 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Sign Benzema and call 300 mill, he is a must sign for me holds it up, we would be force with him and Kun, plus he finishes for fum.

does he track back?

Nope.

Another one to carry when we lose the ball.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:39 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Hmm.

Only benefit I can see is us being able to have a word with Perez and get him, in turn, to have a word in Uefa's ears to cut out the shit they've thrown at us. Either that or we foreclose on Madrid and sweep up their playing squad.

This could be the first step in Real Madrid replacing Arsenal as our feeder club.......

......if only.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:20 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:

does he track back?

Nope.

What is this Sunday League, he holds it, protects and scores a shed load of goals, If you had a Ferrari Ted, would you put a tow bar on it.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Crossie » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:38 pm

If you can't beat them.............
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby carolina-blue » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:44 pm

What was that Bang ......Oopps TWATINI just. Fainted . More than one way to cook Escargot....lol.
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby shortagain » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:56 pm

Maybe first refusal on ISCO & VARANE
shortagain
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:52 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:

does he track back?

Nope.

What is this Sunday League, he holds it, protects and scores a shed load of goals, If you had a Ferrari Ted, would you put a tow bar on it.

He misses more chances than Dzeko & does less work.

How many threads have we had on here talking about how we need more workrate from the front 2, & you want someone who does even less ?

If Real relied on him & not Ronaldo, they wouldn't finish in the top 6.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:03 pm

Would Edin get in RM team? 26 Far better footballer and best years in front of him. Misses chances, ok mate if you say so. Reus and him add the class and killer touch needed.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:07 pm

Dzeko would score fucking shitloads for Real Madrid. Benzema has a very similar record for them, as Dzeko does for City. But most weeks they are cruising whilst we are fighting like fuck. And he plays next to Ronaldo & now Bale.

At international level, Dzeko has a miles better record in spite of playing for a team from a small country.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:18 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Dzeko would score fucking shitloads for Real Madrid. Benzema has a very similar record for them, as Dzeko does for City. But most weeks they are cruising whilst we are fighting like fuck. And he plays next to Ronaldo & now Bale.

At international level, Dzeko has a miles better record in spite of playing for a team from a small country.

No he would not, as he would never be on there radar, that is bollocks, Benzema has taken the role next to tranny to major heights, as for Bale I said break the bank you said he is crap. RM are cruising due to the clubs DNA , plus that in Munich has scared every fucker, which the miss chances merchant was outstanding.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:38 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Dzeko would score fucking shitloads for Real Madrid. Benzema has a very similar record for them, as Dzeko does for City. But most weeks they are cruising whilst we are fighting like fuck. And he plays next to Ronaldo & now Bale.

No he would not, as he would never be on there radar, that is bollocks, Benzema has taken the role next to tranny to major heights, as for Bale I said break the bank you said he is crap. RM are cruising due to the clubs DNA , plus that in Munich has scared every fucker, which the miss chances merchant was outstanding.

I said Bale was crap ? Bollocks. As a fullback five years ago maybe.

Worth the money they paid ? No.

Dzeko wouldn't be on their radar no. Neither would Benzema if he was playing elsewhere now. If they could have signed Suarez or Aguero, he'd be gone in a flash & will be gone if they ever get the chance to sign a genuine A list striker.

1 in 2 for a Real Madrid cf is not good at all. Higuain had a better record.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:12 am

I dont think it's particularly good for City, unless there's something we dont know.

The Sheik is effectively sponsoring one of our rivals to some degree, a rival with debts of 450M quid by all accounts (might be euros)
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:24 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Dzeko wouldn't be on their radar no. Neither would Benzema if he was playing elsewhere now. If they could have signed Suarez or Aguero, he'd be gone in a flash & will be gone if they ever get the chance to sign a genuine A list striker.

The point is to get to a position of a Madrid we will need a facelift, in the same breath Reus, Benzema, joining us prevents PSG moving ahead of us in the 2nd tier under BM and Madrid, the players do it in the Champions league are urgently required. I do not see many of our players having that status, so we need to ship in the real deals, Barca are on the slide, and we are not clever so will we be, Add Pogba and you have scary players like RM.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:32 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

The point is to get to a position of a Madrid we will need a facelift, in the same breath Reus, Benzema, joining us prevents PSG moving ahead of us in the 2nd tier under BM and Madrid, the players do it in the Champions league are urgently required. I do not see many of our players having that status, so we need to ship in the real deals, Barca are on the slide, and we are not clever so will we be, Add Pogba and you have scary players like RM.

If we played our strongest team vs Real Madrid, but we had Ronaldo, we would probably win.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:45 am

john@staustell wrote:I dont think it's particularly good for City, unless there's something we dont know.

The Sheik is effectively sponsoring one of our rivals to some degree, a rival with debts of 450M quid by all accounts (might be euros)

If UEFA are willing to accept that Sheikh Mansour's company can sponsor Real Madrid, then they are also accepting that Sheikh Mansour's company is not the same thing as Manchester City, otherwise we would have undue influence over Real Madrid (imagine how safe we we would feel for the future if Real Madrid owned our ground ?)

Therefore, none of the other Abu Dhabi companies headed by the Sheikh, or his family, or his associates, are Manchester City either & thus, are all fair game to put as much money into Manchester City as they see fit, should that be deemed necessary.

Also imagine the conversation over tea, when it reaches how City are doing in Europe, & how unfairly we believe we have been treated by UEFA; Utd being able to buy DiMaria from none other than Real Madrid, whilst we are unable to bid, due to sanctions, for instance. Does Perez say "well it serves you right" or "Yes your Royal Highness, it is quite unfair that your investement in football is being penalised in this way " ?

Also: European superleague without City ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum