So that's what Sheik M and Perez spoke about?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: So that's what Sheik M and Perez spoke about?

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:01 am

How it seems to me too. Puts us in a very different position
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:05 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:How it seems to me too. Puts us in a very different position

However you look at it, that has to be the case.

I'm sure that is not anything like the reason it has happened; it is to promote Abu Dhabi, but as a spinoff it is pretty obviously going to lead to some connection between City & Real Madrid.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:06 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Dzeko would score fucking shitloads for Real Madrid. Benzema has a very similar record for them, as Dzeko does for City. But most weeks they are cruising whilst we are fighting like fuck. And he plays next to Ronaldo & now Bale.

At international level, Dzeko has a miles better record in spite of playing for a team from a small country.

No he would not, as he would never be on there radar, that is bollocks, Benzema has taken the role next to tranny to major heights, as for Bale I said break the bank you said he is crap. RM are cruising due to the clubs DNA , plus that in Munich has scared every fucker, which the miss chances merchant was outstanding.

I said Bale was crap ? Bollocks. As a fullback five years ago maybe.

Worth the money they paid ? No.

Dzeko wouldn't be on their radar no. Neither would Benzema if he was playing elsewhere now. If they could have signed Suarez or Aguero, he'd be gone in a flash & will be gone if they ever get the chance to sign a genuine A list striker.

1 in 2 for a Real Madrid cf is not good at all. Higuain had a better record.

The point is to get to a position of a Madrid we will need a facelift, in the same breath Reus, Benzema, joining us prevents PSG moving ahead of us in the 2nd tier under BM and Madrid, the players do it in the Champions league are urgently required. I do not see many of our players having that status, so we need to ship in the real deals, Barca are on the slide, and we are not clever so will we be, Add Pogba and you have scary players like RM.

If we played our strongest team vs Real Madrid, but we had Ronaldo, we would probably win.

Maybe, but as he likes the early ball and we tend to overpass it and some. He could be redundant.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:14 am

I'm meaning more in the stature of player.

If we had Messi or Ronaldo, then no matter how tactically wrong people say we are right now, every team in Europe, however good, would shit themselves when drawn vs us, & rightly so, because it would probably take us about one season of experimentation to find a way to be absolutely lethal.

That's what we are short of imo. Bayern are different; they have some top players but are mainly a great team. But most of the other teams who keep threatening the Champions League, have all relied on big star players; even the rags did.

Benzema etc would be fine as one of 4 strikers, but the day we find a creative force of the level of Ronaldo, Messi, Ronaldinho, Zidane, etc, then we will be right up there. It will probably happen sooner or later, but we will have to uncover a player, rather than just sign the finished article.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum