Derby Post Match Thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Derby Post Match Thread

Postby Grandad Rosler » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:39 am

Got to be pleased with getting back to winning ways whether it had been against the rags or anyone else for that matter.
There's plenty more still left in the locker from us at the minute and just hoping that pellers can get them firing on all cylinders again.
Quick analysis, Oliver is wank, should of had 3 pens, we looked comfortable most of the game, bog brush is a disgusting twat.
A rag friend of mine thought a draw would have been a fair result. I shot that one down straight way.
Anyone have any thoughts on Jovetic? Not trying to bash him here as I like him but seems to do a whole lot of nothing. Runs around a lot but no end product - passing an or finishing?
Grandad Rosler
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Postby bayblue » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:44 am

If like to see Jovetic given a run. I don't think Ed and Serge play well together at all and I think Jovetic naturally links the playing better. His movement will unsettle a defence as they will be unsure on who picks him up and so more likely to get dragged out of position and leave space either for Serge or for a midfield runner.

I don't know if he will make it but giving him a consistent run will make it clear.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby gillie » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:00 am

Oliver's performance bordered on the criminal imho he should be demoted to league 2 for the rest of the season.If he does his job properly yesterday i think we would have slaughtered them.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Evenmydoghatesunited » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:07 am

[url][URL=https://imageshack.com/i/iqIes4kyj]Image[/url][/url]

Those penalty decisions all make sense now
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Evenmydoghatesunited
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: Franny Lee

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:22 am

Grandad Rosler wrote:Got to be pleased with getting back to winning ways whether it had been against the rags or anyone else for that matter.
There's plenty more still left in the locker from us at the minute and just hoping that pellers can get them firing on all cylinders again.
Quick analysis, Oliver is wank, should of had 3 pens, we looked comfortable most of the game, bog brush is a disgusting twat.
A rag friend of mine thought a draw would have been a fair result. I shot that one down straight way.
Anyone have any thoughts on Jovetic? Not trying to bash him here as I like him but seems to do a whole lot of nothing. Runs around a lot but no end product - passing an or finishing?

No end product ?

If Van Persie had produced those two scooped passes that put Milner & Yaya through for the non pen, the media would be wanking themselves into a fucking coma.

The guy is fucking class. I really don't understand why people don't appreciate some of the stuff he is doing. Some of it is close to genius & on another level to what just about anyone else is doing. I think Yaya is the first player to actually see the possibility of playing a 1-2 with him & look at the result.

I commented on it vs Newcastle; the lack of intelligence of the players in seeing possibilities in Jovetic's play. He himself tries to make that run Yaya made, but never has anyone with the skill or brains to see it.

Edit: also who was it put Fernando through for the pass to Aguero when DeGea saved ?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby john@staustell » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:41 am

Lets face it if the ref hadn't bottled it big time we would've won by 7 or 8. 9 men and at least a goal down at half time.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:24 am

john@staustell wrote:Lets face it if the ref hadn't bottled it big time we would've won by 7 or 8. 9 men and at least a goal down at half time.

The importance of that needs to be looked at in view of the title race as well. We could have easily put ten goals past that lot if the ref had done his job. That counts towards our goal difference in, what could be, a really tight title race. It was our chance to claw back a bit of advantage vs Chelsea, & the ref has denied us.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:32 am

Three stonewall pens not given - all would have changed the game.

The Rojo one is a pen and a red card so they would be down to 9. That changes the game.

Oliver allowing Rooney to contest every single decision right in his face all day, as usually happens in every derby game, and it goes unpunished.

I thought 3 or 4 nil was a more fair reflection of that game but in the end 1 will do. Utd now celebrate 1-0 derby defeats like they are some sort of "progress" to go alongside the open top Bus Parade they had last week from a 1-1 home draw with Chelsea to go 8th. Times have changed.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:34 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Grandad Rosler wrote:Got to be pleased with getting back to winning ways whether it had been against the rags or anyone else for that matter.

No end product ?

If Van Persie had produced those two scooped passes that put Milner & Yaya through for the non pen, the media would be wanking themselves into a fucking coma.

The guy is fucking class. I really don't understand why people don't appreciate some of the stuff he is doing. Some of it is close to genius & on another level to what just about anyone else is doing. I think Yaya is the first player to actually see the possibility of playing a 1-2 with him & look at the result.

I commented on it vs Newcastle; the lack of intelligence of the players in seeing possibilities in Jovetic's play. He himself tries to make that run Yaya made, but never has anyone with the skill or brains to see it.

Edit: also who was it put Fernando through for the pass to Aguero when DeGea saved ?

The amount of runs Jovetic set off on to take him beyond the last man (anticipating a pass) yesterday was amazing. And he didn't give up despite the fact these runs were largely ignored/not spotted.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:36 am

john@staustell wrote:Lets face it if the ref hadn't bottled it big time we would've won by 7 or 8. 9 men and at least a goal down at half time.

We were talking about this in the pub after the game. As Ted says, it could prove crucial at the end of the season and that cunt of a referee will not have lost a moment's sleep over it last night. Fucking criminal refereeing (on the back of the help the rags had from the ref in their last game against Chelsea).
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:17 am

Interesting comparison:

Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby roblues » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:32 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

No end product ?

Thanks for this Ted, thought I was going mad yesterday using the exact same examples to try to convince someone that Stevan was not "ABYSMAL". The response I got involved some shite about blind squirrels
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Postby blues2win » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:53 pm

It's also very clear that playing Sergio up top 'on his own' works perfectly well as long as he gets players in support. Jovetic should start against CSKA as well. If Dzeko gets the hump it's his fault for poor performances recently, not least against CSKA in the reverse fixture.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mase » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:55 pm

We can't moan that Dzeko just stands there like a fuckin statue but then moan when Jovetic doesn't stop moving. He's dragging defenders all over the show and leaving gaps for Sergio and the rest to run in to. He's fuckin class!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby mr_nool » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:02 pm

Has any of the clubs ever won more than 4 derby matches in a row?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:03 pm

Mase wrote:We can't moan that Dzeko just stands there like a fuckin statue but then moan when Jovetic doesn't stop moving. He's dragging defenders all over the show and leaving gaps for Sergio and the rest to run in to. He's fuckin class!

Dzeko & Jovetic would probably make a good partnership given time (if Dzeko could be made to link up with him), due to the difference in mobility.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:49 pm

Jovetic needs a run of games - we've been saying that for a while I know - but theres definitely something there. His vision and movement makes him a livewire in the final third and will hopefully see him amongst the goals again soon.

Btw - is Rooney the first Prem Lge footballer to go bald twice? Must put him in some sort of record book, the fat bastard.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby gmercer1 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:03 pm

Did anyone hear Le Tissier on Sky Sports this morning saying the Rojo foul wasn't a penalty because he got a toe on the ball and was only looking at the ball since it left Jovetic's foot, so didn't know Toure was there.
How can someone who played the game say this? Deluded twat.
Can't remember the name of the other pundit but he just shook his head and said "3 blatant penalties and Rojo should have seen red". Then went on to say the ref bottled it which we all know but nothing mentioned. Image the shoe was in the other foot.
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:11 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Jovetic needs a run of games - we've been saying that for a while I know - but theres definitely something there. His vision and movement makes him a livewire in the final third and will hopefully see him amongst the goals again soon.

Btw - is Rooney the first Prem Lge footballer to go bald twice? Must put him in some sort of record book, the fat bastard.

The fat ugly bastard got stick from City fans through out the match....fuckign ugly fucking cunt he is.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:47 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:

Didn't superman do the same ?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum