***official champions vs rags match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***official champions vs rags match thread***

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:13 pm

Just got home from the match and not had any beers yet. I can get leathered now. Great 3 points. Daft Martin and Clichy did fantastic. Perhaps those injuries to Mangala and Kolarov helped today. I don't want to grumble after dumping the Rags but wtf taking Milner off. MP was nt man of the match with those substitutions. Clichy MOM.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby dazby » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:28 pm

Fuck me that ref was horrible. I counted 6 opportunities to give us a pen.

After we scored we were horrible too. So much panic, so much stupidity in our play. We showed why we won't progress in the chumps league because we can't control a game. We made mid table fodder look so much better than they were.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby aaron bond » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:32 pm

It was too close for comfort than it should have been, but taking the win is the main thing.

The referee had a shocker. How he didn't give at least 1 of the 3 penalty appeals, I'll never know. All the players, fans and pundits knew they were penalties.

We were quite comfortable at 1-0 and I thought the second goal was only a matter of time...until Pellegrini's substitutions. We collapsed after the subs were made and only Pellegrini will know what the thought process was there. Milner should have stayed on, especially as Dzeko appeared to be on the left wing for the first ten minutes he was on!

We've stopped the poor run of results at least, and hopefully we will follow this up with a victory in the CL during the week (especially with a sold-out stadium!). It's always great to defeat United and continue our dominance over them. But my concerns with Pellegrini in recent weeks are still there unfortunately.
aaron bond

Supporter of: City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:38 pm

What is the point of Nasri being on the pitch? seriously?
He gets the ball and passes it to Yaya and that's him done and dusted until he gets the ball again..and gives it to Yaya.
He has been shite prior to his injury and he's still fuckign shit after his injury...he offers us absolutely ZERO on that pitch.

Pellegrini made some fuckign shocking subs today...so nearly cost us and he really needs to fuckign wake up.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby City64 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:45 pm

Feeling so much better now after that win . Ref was pure dogshit , how on earth didn't we get a couple of penalties ???? Fuck them rag cunts ......... Bluemooooooon ! :-) :-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Vantage » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:49 pm

In defence of the Count I can see what he was trying to do. Take Jimmy Grimble off and chuck on Ferna II and try and see the game out. Nasri is rustier than the titanic and trying to slow the game down was a mistake. Edin struggled to get involved and Yaya still looked heavy legged but a win is a win. Papers tomorrow will be how the Red Scum only just lost not about how we march on despite some SHITE refereeing.

CTID
Have you seen my bongos?
Vantage
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Paul Lake

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:49 pm

On derby day the result is everything.

We won, they got fookin nowt, the end. Im off to get drunk - might be a bit giddy celebrating a 1-0 win against a mid-table team of shite but Im going to anyway.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby aaron bond » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:53 pm

Vantage wrote:In defence of the Count I can see what he was trying to do. Take Jimmy Grimble off and chuck on Ferna II and try and see the game out. Nasri is rustier than the titanic and trying to slow the game down was a mistake. Edin struggled to get involved and Yaya still looked heavy legged but a win is a win. Papers tomorrow will be how the Red Scum only just lost not about how we march on despite some SHITE refereeing.

CTID

He only brought Fernandinho on 10 minutes after he took Milner off after he realised what a fuck-up he had made.
aaron bond

Supporter of: City

Postby Vantage » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:56 pm

aaron bond wrote:
Vantage wrote:In defence of the Count I can see what he was trying to do. Take Jimmy Grimble off and chuck on Ferna II and try and see the game out. Nasri is rustier than the titanic and trying to slow the game down was a mistake. Edin struggled to get involved and Yaya still looked heavy legged but a win is a win. Papers tomorrow will be how the Red Scum only just lost not about how we march on despite some SHITE refereeing.

CTID

He only brought Fernandinho on 10 minutes after he took Milner off after he realised what a fuck-up he had made.

You're right mate there was a bit of a gap, still a win's a win. Great to see Slur Alex looking like an angry beetroot in the director's box too.
Have you seen my bongos?
Vantage
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

My favourite player is: Paul Lake

Postby Mase » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:04 pm

kennyboy wrote:Clichy will always be a better choise than Kola.. Thank God kola was injured.. MOM for me.

Are you taking the piss? Clichy 9/10 is dog shit! He had a fairly decent game today. Well done to him on earning his weekly wage.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:21 pm

Clichy had a better game today than Kolarov has ever had, as fullback, for anybody, or will ever have. He may turn in some better stints as a psuedo fullback who is mainly in the side to go forward, bu Clichy had fucking loads to do today & he was absolutley fucking outstanding.

Early in the game, although our passing was shit, we showed how tbe Count's pressing game could work, if we had the right balance of players. When Nasri & Dzeko came on, we showed why it doesn't work most of the time.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:37 pm

Mase wrote:
kennyboy wrote:Clichy will always be a better choise than Kola.. Thank God kola was injured.. MOM for me.

Are you taking the piss? Clichy 9/10 is dog shit! He had a fairly decent game today. Well done to him on earning his weekly wage.

Harsh. Clichy has had a bad season but been very good for us over all. Ironic that his (only?) overlap led to the goal. Well played and stepped up where many other replacements don't. Mom is a fair shout.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby zuricity » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:52 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Clichy had a better game today than Kolarov has ever had, as fullback, for anybody, or will ever have. He may turn in some better stints as a psuedo fullback who is mainly in the side to go forward, bu Clichy had fucking loads to do today & he was absolutley fucking outstanding.

Early in the game, although our passing was shit, we showed how tbe Count's pressing game could work, if we had the right balance of players. When Nasri & Dzeko came on, we showed why it doesn't work most of the time.

Absolute Bollocks.

Don't even make stupid claims like 'he will ever have' . Generalisation at it's worst.

The rest of what you have written is also generalisation.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby failsworthblue » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:56 pm

Keep rubbing their noses in it every time we play them , they have given us enough shit over the years.

£200 million spent and apart from a crazy substitution there was only one team in it.

Van Ghoul my arse!
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby blues2win » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:19 pm

Van Gaal not asked once in the Sky interview about the three penalties and red card missed by Oliver. Just inviting him to talk about United's spirit and how unlucky they were to go down to 10 men.

Clichy did get skinned far too easily in the first half Ted. Not a perfect match. What I liked about his assist was that he carefully picked out a man rather than blasting the ball across the area as Kolarov tends to do and as Milner did when well placed on Wednesday.

I don't know why Dzeko was so ineffectual when he came on. Was he sulking for not being played from the start? Nasri was coming back from injury but he ought to have been fresh and he certainly didn't look it. Bottom line Milner and Jovetic should have stayed on the pitch and Navas should have made way for Fernandinho if anyone.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:54 pm

aaron bond wrote:It was too close for comfort than it should have been, but taking the win is the main thing.

The referee had a shocker. How he didn't give at least 1 of the 3 penalty appeals, I'll never know. All the players, fans and pundits knew they were penalties.

We were quite comfortable at 1-0 and I thought the second goal was only a matter of time...until Pellegrini's substitutions. We collapsed after the subs were made and only Pellegrini will know what the thought process was there. Milner should have stayed on, especially as Dzeko appeared to be on the left wing for the first ten minutes he was on!

We've stopped the poor run of results at least, and hopefully we will follow this up with a victory in the CL during the week (especially with a sold-out stadium!). It's always great to defeat United and continue our dominance over them. But my concerns with Pellegrini in recent weeks are still there unfortunately.

Good summary.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:44 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:FUCK OFF HART YOU FUCKIGN ROONEY FUCKER.......LEAVE THE CUNT TO DIE.

I fuckign hate the attitude of Hart with his munich mate.

Where I was sat everyone jumped up and had a go at head-and-shoulders for this.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:48 pm

Really happy now after being really worried before the game.Yet again I start thinking that the scum are a decent team just waiting to get going when in reality they are bang average with a few overhyped players.

De Gea is a decent keeper but they don't have a centre back worthy of the name and although I rate Luke Shaw he is more one for the future than the present. The 2 centre midfield players today are nothing much at all especially bog brush head whose only talent is bullying. RVP is past it, Di Maria although a quality player has now just had 2 games against good teams and done nothing. Janusaj has gone backwards,Rooney is a bald who runs around a lot shouting at his teammates and the ref.

Why was I worried? We didn't play brilliantly but still could have won 5 nil but for Howard Webb's son being useless. Now some confidence has been restored it's time for a run of wins
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:50 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Really happy now after being really worried before the game.Yet again I start thinking that the scum are a decent team just waiting to get going when in reality they are bang average with a few overhyped players.

De Gea is a decent keeper but they don't have a centre back worthy of the name and although I rate Luke Shaw he is more one for the future than the present. The 2 centre midfield players today are nothing much at all especially bog brush head whose only talent is bullying. RVP is past it, Di Maria although a quality player has now just had 2 games against good teams and done nothing. Janusaj has gone backwards,Rooney is a bald who runs around a lot shouting at his teammates and the ref.

Why was I worried? We didn't play brilliantly but still could have won 5 nil but for Howard Webb's son being useless. Now some confidence has been restored it's time for a run of wins

If the ref had been impartial we'd have had to play against 9 men in the second half and had at least 3 penalties. That's what we're up against.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:52 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:FUCK OFF HART YOU FUCKIGN ROONEY FUCKER.......LEAVE THE CUNT TO DIE.

I fuckign hate the attitude of Hart with his munich mate.

Where I was sat everyone jumped up and had a go at head-and-shoulders for this.

i wanted him to saw his leg off not help rub out a cramp. Fagtastic effort. He's a licker from way back. Annoying as fuck.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum