"Trust"

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

"Trust"

Postby bayblue » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:45 am

"We are in a difficult moment with a lack of trust" - Pellegrini post match.

So, what's he getting at ?

1. Players not trusting other players?
2. Players not trusting him?
3. Him not trusting the players?

He's quite a thoughtful bloke normally and so I think his use of the word trust is more than just a glib sound bite.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Re: "Trust"

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:00 pm

All three I would bet.

I noticed the usage of the word as well and found it...interesting.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby City64 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:01 pm

Hate to say it but the big picture looks like it is not a happy camp , no leaders on the pitch , no one taking responsibility on the pitch , the players look lost with each other. Pellegrini doesn't have the same demeanour about him as last season ......... maybe the Yaya situation from last summer is having an effect in the dressing room ? We don't know for sure but it is a total shambles this season thus far and it could get a whole lot worse if we get beat by the rags on Sunday god forbid .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:01 pm

Trust or thrust?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:00 pm

Should have sold him in the summer, he has been a waste of fuckign space since then....all it takes is one disgruntled "star" to fuck up the dressing room.
Lets not kid ourselves, we are all playing shite but not as shite as this fuckign player is playing.

Premier League tracking data reveals some alarming results. At Upton Park last weekend, Toure made fewer high-intensity runs than any outfield starter on either team and it’s hardly a one-off. At his best, that trademark ambling stride would be interspersed with driving runs through the middle of the pitch. But there is evidence to suggest those forays have become less frequent. When does deceptive pace become mere deception?

In the first five Premier League matches of the 2013/14 season, Toure produced 30 or more sprints in three of them and never dipped below 23 sprints in any of those matches. This season began in less dynamic fashion. Fifteen sprints against Newcastle. Next time against Liverpool, there were 18 of them. The home defeat to Stoke saw Toure make just 16 high-intensity runs. Standards have slipped.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:31 pm

I'd imagine he meant trust in the system and in their own ability, but only he knows for sure...

If we don't win on Sunday, trust is out the fucking window.
Original Dub

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:32 pm

I strongly suspect he meant "confidence".

If he picked the same sodding team from one game to the next, they might have a bit more of it..
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby bayblue » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:I strongly suspect he meant "confidence".

If he picked the same sodding team from one game to the next, they might have a bit more of it..

Maybe he did mean confidence, but the interviewer used the word "confidence" in his question and yet he replied with the word "trust". Can't help thinking something else if going on.....
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby sheblue » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:51 pm

Cant help thinking that something is not quite right with the whole group. Dont know if its trust, confidence, self-belief, desire or whatever. Hunger and edge seems gone, the spark is gone.
Were at a very important moment, really need a win sunday, a loss could be very damaging.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:04 am

When we win on Sunday the 'Trust' will come back to all.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby AntMcfc » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:47 am

In the footballing sense he's thinking of, I assume he meant that the players aren't trusting each other as much as they should. Trusting your teammate to make the correct decisions, to make the corrects runs off the ball, to release the ball early etc. This would explain our slower than normal pace of build up in the offensive phase. In the latter stages of the Mancini era it was the offensive transition phase that slowed, we struggled to bring the ball forward from the defence into the opponent's third with any pace, that's why Yaya was often deployed as the deepest midfielder, he was the only player capable of passing through the lines. Now, we are capable of breaking into the opponent's third with a relatively good pace and we employ long periods of sustained possession, but the possession is very toothless and lethargic - this is where, I think, with a little more trust, we'd see quicker, more productive attacking and more goal-scoring chances.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:51 am

AntMcfc wrote:In the footballing sense he's thinking of, I assume he meant that the players aren't trusting each other as much as they should. Trusting your teammate to make the correct decisions, to make the corrects runs off the ball, to release the ball early etc. This would explain our slower than normal pace of build up in the offensive phase. In the latter stages of the Mancini era it was the offensive transition phase that slowed, we struggled to bring the ball forward from the defence into the opponent's third with any pace, that's why Yaya was often deployed as the deepest midfielder, he was the only player capable of passing through the lines. Now, we are capable of breaking into the opponent's third with a relatively good pace and we employ long periods of sustained possession, but the possession is very toothless and lethargic - this is where, I think, with a little more trust, we'd see quicker, more productive attacking and more goal-scoring chances.

Good observation, I think this is where we're at.

Cheers
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:28 am

it is probably yaya. We played amazing without him vs the barcodes in the league game.

when he starts, we play like shit, him and his cake need dropping.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby AntMcfc » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:32 am

Toni Kroos is just as poor defensively and is even worse in terms of mobility than Yaya, but Real Madrid don't have said issues.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby Fidel Castro » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:53 am

MilnersJaw wrote:it is probably yaya. We played amazing without him vs the barcodes in the league game.

I thought yaya played in our league game vs. Newcastle?
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:09 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:
MilnersJaw wrote:it is probably yaya. We played amazing without him vs the barcodes in the league game.

He did. We were nowhere near our best that day either.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:28 pm

It's nothing to do with Yaya you bunch of fucking pillocks, he just means having the confidence to pass it around properly rather than being ponderous & worried.

Jesus Christ on a fucking bike.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:42 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:

he came on after we scored 4....
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:31 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:

The fuck you talking about?

We beat them 4-0 at the beginning of last season in the league. Yaya started and scored.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:55 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
MilnersJaw wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:

The fuck you talking about?

We beat them 4-0 at the beginning of last season in the league. Yaya started and scored.

Seems that this Yaya hating obsession is being taken a little too far.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum