next : the rags (home)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: next : the rags (home)

Postby nottsblue » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:43 pm

Bit disappointed this fixture wasn't played a month ago when it usually is. Would have felt confident not only of a win, but a damn good one. The way things are at the moment, I'd be happy to scrape a win and would not be upset with a draw
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby frankswift » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:05 pm

I'd be upset by anything less than a win.

We can do this. Come on lads!
frankswift
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Take a wild guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby bayblue » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:14 pm

What odds on a set up like last year when Dave was missing

Hart
Zab Komps MDM (for Nasty) Kola
Ferni Yaya
Navas Nasri
Aguero Dzeko (for Negredo).

think there's something for that team but would put Milner in for Dzeko and put Nasri Central behind Serge
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby phips » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:39 pm

Milner has to start.

before Newscastle midweek every match we lost was when Milner didn't start.
he's making more bursting runs that anyone in our team and he hasn't done anything to warrant not starting.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:05 pm

phips wrote:he hasn't done anything to warrant not starting.

other than being absolutely diabolical in the final third, you mean?? i like milner. he's a good guy, he works hard, and oh, he's english. but fuck me if he isn't well out of his depth at the moment!!
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby blues2win » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:02 pm

Falcao out Rooney in.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby City64 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:20 pm

Rag fans cock a hoop and absolutely giving it large here in Manchester today , they smell blood the cunts ............. I am dreading which City team turns up Sunday , we have to be bang on for this or it is going to be a very very painfull season !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carolina-blue » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:39 pm

City64 wrote:Rag fans cock a hoop and absolutely giving it large here in Manchester today , they smell blood the cunts ............. I am dreading which City team turns up Sunday , we have to be bang on for this or it is going to be a very very painfull season !

Seems. Like Louie Louie giving it large in presser . Expects a win what they have seen recently not good . Well fuck me Sherlock no kdding ..u cunts. Not exactly pulling up any trees . And Ginger twat calls us arrogant . Ya Ya. Please wake the fuck up and stuff those. Words down ginger. Twats throat.
COMON CITEH .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby everyonehatesus » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:43 pm

been getting shit from every fucker today from the rags, dippers and chelski pricks, all going on how we are shit and that we ar about to get turned over. Oh and that we will be after yet another manager because we are small time blah blah blah. They all seem to love the fact that we simply look shit and out of ideas.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:04 pm

People need to stop buying into the media bullshit. If this was the old City playing this pile of rag dung we'd be jumping for fucking joy at the prospect. They are beyond shite, have no central midfield, cannot keep hold of the ball and can't defend for shit. And their forward line has no fight in it (apart from Wooney). Were not playing well at the moment but City at 80% will beat these fuckers.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby phips » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:03 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
phips wrote:he hasn't done anything to warrant not starting.

other than being absolutely diabolical in the final third, you mean?? i like milner. he's a good guy, he works hard, and oh, he's english. but fuck me if he isn't well out of his depth at the moment!!

Out of Nasri, Navas, Sinclair, Jovetic, and Milner which 2 would you play if you don't want Milner to start? And Jovetic might not even be available for this selection because he might be up top with Aguero given Dzeko's form.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby City64 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:57 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:People need to stop buying into the media bullshit. If this was the old City playing this pile of rag dung we'd be jumping for fucking joy at the prospect. They are beyond shite, have no central midfield, cannot keep hold of the ball and can't defend for shit. And their forward line has no fight in it (apart from Wooney). Were not playing well at the moment but City at 80% will beat these fuckers.

We just got dicked by West Ham and Newcastle , any fucker could beat us right now even those useless rag cunts.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:23 pm

City64 wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:People need to stop buying into the media bullshit. If this was the old City playing this pile of rag dung we'd be jumping for fucking joy at the prospect. They are beyond shite, have no central midfield, cannot keep hold of the ball and can't defend for shit. And their forward line has no fight in it (apart from Wooney). Were not playing well at the moment but City at 80% will beat these fuckers.

We just got dicked by West Ham and Newcastle , any fucker could beat us right now even those useless rag cunts.

Oh grow some.... we are much better than the rags.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:11 am

If we lose I'll be calling for 'Pellers Out' and for the board to go with him too. Life will be unbearable with every area of the media masturbating over 'King Louis' and his Rag Revolution.

A loss for us is not an option.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby AntMcfc » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:29 am

For me it's Nasri who has to start. He's always been tactically perfect for our set-up against United, without Silva we won't have anybody at all creating in the half space, making him even more essential as our creativity on the right hand side will be severely limited if Navas starts, and slightly limited if Milner starts. Our best performances against United have always been particularly highlighted with our overloads in wide areas; Kolarov shining in the 4-1 win of 13/14, Micah Richards shining in the 1-6 win of 11/12, and it's Nasri that's been the master of creation in recent years as Kolarov bursts around him on the overlap. This is where United struggle the most and where we've excelled for many years.

I'm usually extremely confident of a win against United, more confident than I am of beating any other team in the top eight bar Spurs, but tomorrow will be different. I don't think it's our poor form that contributes to my lack of confidence, it's the tactical set up of both sides. This season it's been increasingly obvious that LVG wants the strikers to receive the ball as early as possible, Kompany and his CB partner are going to have to be extremely alert to this because it appears to me that if United are allowed to get the ball to their strikers quickly we're going to be in a whole lot of trouble, we'll be put into a lot of 3v3 and 4v4 situations which is not something to relish when the opposition has Di Maria on their side. Kompany's insistence on meeting the strikers high up the pitch - often leading to him getting turned and left behind - means that, in this instance, there could be multiple opportunities for United to even outnumber us. United now have a tactical threat, and a direct threat because of the increased quality of their personnel.

I don't want to predict the score, but honestly, I do feel like revenge could be on the cards for United.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:46 pm

Mark Garrett wrote:I am assuming Silva will be out injured on Sunday and judging by Nasri last night, it is clear the last 20 mins in a derby game would be better for him than starting him.

The side I would go for in a 4-5-1 formation.

-------------------------Hart

Zabaleta----Kompany---MDM----Kolarov

Milner-----Fernando--Toure--Fernandinho--Jovetic

--------------------------Aguero

i would like to see fernando and fernando both starting together but it is always one or the other.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby gmercer1 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:53 pm

Will be amazing to watch what the referee can do to make sure it's a "rag win"
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:08 pm

AntMcfc wrote:For me it's Nasri who has to start. He's always been tactically perfect for our set-up against United, without Silva we won't have anybody at all creating in the half space, making him even more essential as our creativity on the right hand side will be severely limited if Navas starts, and slightly limited if Milner starts. Our best performances against United have always been particularly highlighted with our overloads in wide areas; Kolarov shining in the 4-1 win of 13/14, Micah Richards shining in the 1-6 win of 11/12, and it's Nasri that's been the master of creation in recent years as Kolarov bursts around him on the overlap. This is where United struggle the most and where we've excelled for many years.

I'm usually extremely confident of a win against United, more confident than I am of beating any other team in the top eight bar Spurs, but tomorrow will be different. I don't think it's our poor form that contributes to my lack of confidence, it's the tactical set up of both sides. This season it's been increasingly obvious that LVG wants the strikers to receive the ball as early as possible, Kompany and his CB partner are going to have to be extremely alert to this because it appears to me that if United are allowed to get the ball to their strikers quickly we're going to be in a whole lot of trouble, we'll be put into a lot of 3v3 and 4v4 situations which is not something to relish when the opposition has Di Maria on their side. Kompany's insistence on meeting the strikers high up the pitch - often leading to him getting turned and left behind - means that, in this instance, there could be multiple opportunities for United to even outnumber us. United now have a tactical threat, and a direct threat because of the increased quality of their personnel.

I don't want to predict the score, but honestly, I do feel like revenge could be on the cards for United.

I think the way Kompany goes out for the ball is the way the manager wants him to, & essential to Pellegrini's defensive plan, defending with fewer players.

The key is to do it right. We saw both possibilities from Demichelis last season; getting it horribly wrong early on, then mostly right later in the season.

At the moment, they are all tending to fuck it up.

Imo, the formation & tactics is less important than the actual players turning up. Vinny etc are capable of keeping the rags down to a few opportunities, Ferns, Milner, Yaya, Nasri etc are capable of stomping on their midfield & Aguero etc are capable of tearing their defenders a new arsehole.

Whatever the formation, if our players turn up, most times they will beat the rags. If they don't then the rags have the players to turn us over.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:08 pm

gmercer1 wrote:Will be amazing to watch what the referee can do to make sure it's a "rag win"

I have had a feeling all week that there will be a red card in this one. And I think it's gonna be Komps
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby zuricity » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:13 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:
Mark Garrett wrote:I am assuming Silva will be out injured on Sunday and judging by Nasri last night, it is clear the last 20 mins in a derby game would be better for him than starting him.

The side I would go for in a 4-5-1 formation.

-------------------------Hart

Zabaleta----Kompany---MDM----Kolarov

Milner-----Fernando--Toure--Fernandinho--Jovetic

--------------------------Aguero

i would like to see fernando and fernando both starting together but it is always one or the other.

'Kinell ! Don't you want to edit this ??
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum