next : the rags (home)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: next : the rags (home)

Postby AntMcfc » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:40 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
AntMcfc wrote:For me it's Nasri who has to start. He's always been tactically perfect for our set-up against United, without Silva we won't have anybody at all creating in the half space, making him even more essential as our creativity on the right hand side will be severely limited if Navas starts, and slightly limited if Milner starts. Our best performances against United have always been particularly highlighted with our overloads in wide areas; Kolarov shining in the 4-1 win of 13/14, Micah Richards shining in the 1-6 win of 11/12, and it's Nasri that's been the master of creation in recent years as Kolarov bursts around him on the overlap. This is where United struggle the most and where we've excelled for many years.

I'm usually extremely confident of a win against United, more confident than I am of beating any other team in the top eight bar Spurs, but tomorrow will be different. I don't think it's our poor form that contributes to my lack of confidence, it's the tactical set up of both sides. This season it's been increasingly obvious that LVG wants the strikers to receive the ball as early as possible, Kompany and his CB partner are going to have to be extremely alert to this because it appears to me that if United are allowed to get the ball to their strikers quickly we're going to be in a whole lot of trouble, we'll be put into a lot of 3v3 and 4v4 situations which is not something to relish when the opposition has Di Maria on their side. Kompany's insistence on meeting the strikers high up the pitch - often leading to him getting turned and left behind - means that, in this instance, there could be multiple opportunities for United to even outnumber us. United now have a tactical threat, and a direct threat because of the increased quality of their personnel.

I don't want to predict the score, but honestly, I do feel like revenge could be on the cards for United.

I think the way Kompany goes out for the ball is the way the manager wants him to, & essential to Pellegrini's defensive plan, defending with fewer players.

The key is to do it right. We saw both possibilities from Demichelis last season; getting it horribly wrong early on, then mostly right later in the season.

At the moment, they are all tending to fuck it up.

Imo, the formation & tactics is less important than the actual players turning up. Vinny etc are capable of keeping the rags down to a few opportunities, Ferns, Milner, Yaya, Nasri etc are capable of stomping on their midfield & Aguero etc are capable of tearing their defenders a new arsehole.

Whatever the formation, if our players turn up, most times they will beat the rags. If they don't then the rags have the players to turn us over.

He has always done it, even under Mancini, but Mancini managed him better than Pellegrini has. QPR's second goal on 13.05.12 is a prime example. I do agree that it's something Pellegrini has instructed him to do but I am also certain that it's something he does naturally too, because he's so good at reading the game and he's so confident in his ability to win the ball. Against Chelsea this season, Kompany and Mangala executed this tactic perfectly, they didn't give Diego Costa one second on the ball, every time Costa controlled the ball he had a CB tight on his arse, but given Chelsea's one-striker system and Oscar's fairly deep starting point he had little in the way of options. However, if United play with two strikers and a #10, it's going to be much tougher for our CBs to meet the strikers and successfully tackle or contain them. United will have more options on the ball than Costa had and they'll have more chance of getting in behind us.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:40 pm

Really hope we shore up the central midfield and attack from there.

.................Hart

Zab...Vinny...Mangala...Kolorov

.......Fernando. ..Fernandinho

.......Nasri...Yaya...Jovetic

..................Aguero

Letting Jovetic up to play of Aguero and the other 4 packing midfield we should be able to drive united back. Big game for the full backs and Fernando to cut down on the space in front of our defence
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Renato_CTID » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:49 pm

I don't know who'll begin derby tomorrow but hope James Milner won't be left another time on the bench! CTWD!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby gmercer1 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:57 pm

Want to see Milner for his energy and would like to see Jovetic play behind Aguero. Just think their movement could rip a new arsehole in to their already shite defence!
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:40 pm

There are a million ways to worry about the opposition. Everyone talking about blocking off the strikers, protecting the centre, what if they just run in behind Kolarov (or Zabba) like Newcastle did ?

What difference does the 5 make then ?

So we tell them to stay back ? And play with 5 in midfield ? And then they dominate possession & score from a free kick ?

Just play our game, & play it well, & beat them.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby PaulieIrish » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:02 pm

Finally got two tickets sorted (any hints on how to tell fake paper tickets appreciated; collecting them outside ground around 12). Was on a boat for past week with very intermittent connection, so getting tickets was errr fun...

And I go away for a week and have to read about City loosing x2. First couple of games I have missed watching for years. Were we that bad? And did I read yaya went off injured as well as silva?

But to better things. If a game against the scum cannot get the motivation factor up, then what can. City won 5 of last 6 (of course reading the paper today you'd think it was the other way around), but fuck me, if we play we will tear their defence to shreds even without merlin. Need vinnie, zabba and co at their best, but I think we can win handily. Prediction 4-1. Aguero x2, kolarov and komps with a bullet header again.
PaulieIrish
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Green & Blue » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:13 pm

gmercer1 wrote:Want to see Milner for his energy and would like to see Jovetic play behind Aguero. Just think their movement could rip a new arsehole in to their already shite defence!

Also like to see Jovetic playing behind Aguero, his energy and movement should cause them all sorts of problems.I really hope we expose the rags defence for what they are tomorrow.An on form Aguero could cause them a few blushes.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:58 pm

Don't give a fuck how we do it but just beat the Rag Cunts.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby sharkey » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:28 pm

Anyone know what time Mary D's will open tomorrow?
sharkey
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Renato_CTID » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:26 pm

Zaba at extra-time will score: one nil and let's spend tomorrow night to do our best anywhere we'll be!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby dazby » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:31 pm

We'll do them. I predicted at the start of the season we'd win 0 trophies. And I'm ok with that.

But I do want a double over them cunts to keep them in their box. The dippers have all gone away for now, let's keep these twats away too.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby ashton287 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:01 am

There will be goals. We will probably end the game with 10 men, Zaba or komps off.

If we play 442 we will gift them plenty of opportunities on the counter. Di Maria will be putting them in and shrek will definitely score.

If we play a 5 man midfield

--------------Fernando

Navas - fernandinho - milner

------------------silva

--------------Aguero

We will control the game and fuck them up.

Pellers is a shit bag though so he will play 442 and start yaya. He is making the same mistakes as mancini did the season he got sacked.

Changing our entire way of playing. He is changing the team every game. Not dropping poor performers. Wrong formation trying to fit people in where they don't belong and being a stubborn old cunt about it.

First time I have been nervous about a derby since the 6-1. We have took a massive step backwards this season.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:23 am

ashton287 wrote:There will be goals. We will probably end the game with 10 men, Zaba or komps off.

If we play 442 we will gift them plenty of opportunities on the counter. Di Maria will be putting them in and shrek will definitely score.

--------------Fernando

------------------silva

--------------Aguero

We will control the game and fuck them up.

Pellers is a shit bag though so he will play 442 and start yaya. He is making the same mistakes as mancini did the season he got sacked.

Changing our entire way of playing. He is changing the team every game. Not dropping poor performers. Wrong formation trying to fit people in where they don't belong and being a stubborn old cunt about it.

First time I have been nervous about a derby since the 6-1. We have took a massive step backwards this season.

How can Pellegrini be a shitbag for playing a more attacking formation than the defensive one you want him to play?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby nottsblue » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:18 am

Can see the rags scoring twice. After all, most sides do lately. Not sure we can get the requisite three. Fingers crossed though as very nervous bout this one. Considering it is only one gane, relatively early in the season, there's a lot riding on the result
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby phips » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:28 am

ashton287 wrote:If we play 442 we will gift them plenty of opportunities on the counter. Di Maria will be putting them in and shrek will definitely score.

--------------Fernando

------------------silva

--------------Aguero

yeah dude. I agree. Silva will be our best player tomorrow i bet.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby zuricity » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:53 am

phips wrote:
ashton287 wrote:If we play 442 we will gift them plenty of opportunities on the counter. Di Maria will be putting them in and shrek will definitely score.

--------------Fernando

------------------silva

--------------Aguero

What do you mean 'Dude' ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby dick dastardley » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:02 am

Sky reporting yaya very doubtful for the game
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Bluedj » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:27 am

Fuck Sky, can't believe any blue would watch that bias shit ahead of a derby

As for Yaya, need this fucker to pull his finger out of his arse and play a blinder as Merlin is out. He can be the catalyst
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Fidel Castro » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:31 am

Don't give a fuck about yaya. In fact, I'd be very happy with this line up.

Hart
Zab-komp-mdm-kolarov
Nando-dinho
Milner-jovetic-nasri
aguero
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby ashton287 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:10 am

phips wrote:

--------------Fernando

------------------silva

--------------Aguero

Nasri will do just fine in that HUGE fucking hole they call a midfield.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum