Where is Fernandinho?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Where is Fernandinho?

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:39 pm

Dameerto wrote:That's the same kind of thinking as the people who labelled Yaya a defensive midfielder just because he'd been played there by Barca.

It's not really though is it? I'm not labelling Fernandino as anything.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Dameerto » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:44 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:
Dameerto wrote:That's the same kind of thinking as the people who labelled Yaya a defensive midfielder just because he'd been played there by Barca.

Have you got a goldfish memory? Look at your previous posts:

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Literally put on his arse for that second goal. Surely if it's accepted you can only really do one thing you should be particularly good at it.

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Fair enough. He always seemed very one dimensional to me, much like the De Jong he replaced.

I understand these guys 'have a job' and do the kind of work idiots like me don't see / understand and every other football genius does but to me he doesn't offer much.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby nottsblue » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:48 pm

If I remember rightly, one of the main reasons he came here was to get back in the Brazil for the World cup. He played his bollocks off and did what he set out to do.

Maybe he now doesn't give much of a fuck?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:55 pm

Dameerto wrote:
LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:

Have you got a goldfish memory? Look at your previous posts:

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Literally put on his arse for that second goal. Surely if it's accepted you can only really do one thing you should be particularly good at it.

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Fair enough. He always seemed very one dimensional to me, much like the De Jong he replaced.

I understand these guys 'have a job' and do the kind of work idiots like me don't see / understand and every other football genius does but to me he doesn't offer much.

Surely you can see a difference between what you call labeling someone and judging them on what you've seen?

All my opinions on Fernandinho are based on what I've seen him do/ not do. Your weird Toure comparison suggests I only think he's one-dimensonal because that's the way he's been playing. What else am I supposed to think?

Pretty rich of you, by the way, to start getting personal when youve really offered no opinion other than criticise.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Dameerto » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:58 pm

You'll probably have forgotten it in ten seconds anyway.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby getdressedmctavish » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:01 pm

A lot of decent judges cant see this bloke. He can't tackle and he hasn't got a pass. When Ya Ya was being superb last season, picking up the ball in midfield and giving it to Ya Ya was good enough, even if it was a job David Connor could do for £80 a week. Now Ya Ya is doing fuck all we need a proper midfielder and he aint one. He is so desperately short of anything, most of all self confidence. Ya Ya's lack of form/effort has put this team in the shit cos all,. and I mean all, our play goes through him. Feel sorry for Pellers but the whole management team need to sort it, praying won't work.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Nick » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:05 pm

was quality, was burned out, played at the world cup, came back late, slow start, picked up form, then in and out of the team.

unsetlling fern1 and fern2 for a consistently under par yaya does not help fern1.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby AntMcfc » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:24 pm

He needs regular game time. When he plays well we play well, he's the only mobile midfielder we have ffs he's crucial to this side.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:36 am

He showed glimpses of his game last night but the fuck ups in the world cup as well as fitness issues, have knocked his confidence.

He's never been a defensive mid though, so the fact that he has that job in most games, is not helping either the team, or him to get his natural game together. Has barely ever played his real game since he was at Shakhtar. Brazil allowed him to, for half a game, pre world cup, & he smacked one in from 30 yards.

Then it's back to being Nigel DeJong's brother.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:20 am

Dameerto wrote:You'll probably have forgotten it in ten seconds anyway.

LookMum thinking about his next post here on mcf.net

viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby mr_nool » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:09 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

Ha ha, your image of LookMum is so off!
I have to confess that I was also expecting someone completely different until I met him in person. I had someone much more Belle & Sebastian anemic in mind.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:14 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

such a good film.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby AntMcfc » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:19 pm

HE'S BACK, LADS. THE PRESSING MACHINE HAS RETURNED.

Best CM performance in Europe 14/15, Fernandinho vs Roma.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby Slim » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:57 am

I'd play Yaya behind the striker and play the Fern brothers, they really did look good and I think we are a solid unit with them marshaling.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gmercer1 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:16 pm

Slim wrote:I'd play Yaya behind the striker and play the Fern brothers, they really did look good and I think we are a solid unit with them marshaling.

This all day long!
Once Aguero is back fit get the two Ferns in the middle, Silva next to them and anyone other from Nasri/Milner/Navas depending on who we are playing then Yaya playing off Aguero.
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:47 pm

gmercer1 wrote:
Slim wrote:I'd play Yaya behind the striker and play the Fern brothers, they really did look good and I think we are a solid unit with them marshaling.

This all day long!
Once Aguero is back fit get the two Ferns in the middle, Silva next to them and anyone other from Nasri/Milner/Navas depending on who we are playing then Yaya playing off Aguero.

I'd like to see it tried at some point, to see if it works.

In that kind of formation, Fernandinho, and indeed occasionally Fernando, would get the chance to break from midfield. That's something he excelled at before we signed him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:02 pm

agree he was amazing against roma. would love to see a compilation video of every touch.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby phips » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:53 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:

This all day long!

didn't we do this once already in the CL this season (away to Bayern?) and lost? and people claimed that it made no difference?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Slim » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:17 am

phips wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:

This all day long!

didn't we do this once already in the CL this season (away to Bayern?) and lost? and people claimed that it made no difference?

During the 11-12 season pushing up Yaya was our go-to plan B, seemed to work quite well.

No reason a F&F can't do the same job as de Jong and Barry. Fernando looks like he is getting to grips with the league and Fernandinho is playing himself back into form. All coming together nicely for the busy period.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby phips » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:39 am

Slim wrote:
phips wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:

This all day long!

During the 11-12 season pushing up Yaya was our go-to plan B, seemed to work quite well.

No reason a F&F can't do the same job as de Jong and Barry. Fernando looks like he is getting to grips with the league and Fernandinho is playing himself back into form. All coming together nicely for the busy period.

i meant, didn't we play the Ferns behind Yaya this season already?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus