Where are the kids?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Where are the kids?

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:46 am

At least a couple should have been on the bench, whether they played or not.

This is starting to look like the Count is going to protect his own arse, which someone has to change at some point, or nobody will come through. We can't risk them in the title race, & now it's likely there will be more pressure to win the FA Cup. This was the time.

Newcastle made 6 changes & dumped us out.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby dick dastardley » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:34 am

It's a huge worry that we're supposed to have the best young talent but not seen any apart from pozo for 20 mins.
We seem to loan out our best talent which is bizarre!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:02 am

dick dastardley wrote:It's a huge worry that we're supposed to have the best young talent but not seen any apart from pozo for 20 mins.

At some point it will have to become an enforced priority if managers are not going to do it themselves.

The guys at the top are going to have to tell the manager 'ok, play some of the kids in some competitions, & if it doesn't work out results wise, don't worry, we won't put the blame on you'. Or we find a manager who knows how to do both without losing ground.

Imo, had Brandon Barker for instance come on instead of Navas last night, it would have been one of three options. 1) he's totally shit, well join the fucking Shit club with the rest, no different. Try again another day. Lost nothing we weren't losing anyway. 2) He's average, well then he's a bit better than Navas & might have got an assist. Everyone is then reasonably impressed. 3) He runs at Newcastle's back 4 on both wings, scares the living shit out of them & we win 4-2 in extra time & it turns our season round & we try the same with one or two others.

Any of those outcomes are equally possible imo.

'Ok' managers like the Count or Mancini, don't see the possibilities in stuff like that. Much as I despise him, Baconface would, & chances are one or two of our kids would have made a name for themselves last night under a truly great manager & his personality would have boosted their performance.

I'm willing to give the Count more time to show he can actually be that bloke, but it's looking to me like next season's Lg Cup team will be the same bunch, with 2 more 40 mil signings thrown in, & still no kids on the bench. I thought the Count was the man for this, & different to Mancini, but it's starting to look doubtful.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby zuricity » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:24 pm

One of 'em scored a hat trick for Celtic last night.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Jon London » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:25 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
dick dastardley wrote:It's a huge worry that we're supposed to have the best young talent but not seen any apart from pozo for 20 mins.

At some point it will have to become an enforced priority if managers are not going to do it themselves.

The guys at the top are going to have to tell the manager 'ok, play some of the kids in some competitions, & if it doesn't work out results wise, don't worry, we won't put the blame on you'. Or we find a manager who knows how to do both without losing ground.

Imo, had Brandon Barker for instance come on instead of Navas last night, it would have been one of three options. 1) he's totally shit, well join the fucking Shit club with the rest, no different. Try again another day. Lost nothing we weren't losing anyway. 2) He's average, well then he's a bit better than Navas & might have got an assist. Everyone is then reasonably impressed. 3) He runs at Newcastle's back 4 on both wings, scares the living shit out of them & we win 4-2 in extra time & it turns our season round & we try the same with one or two others.

Any of those outcomes are equally possible imo.

'Ok' managers like the Count or Mancini, don't see the possibilities in stuff like that. Much as I despise him, Baconface would, & chances are one or two of our kids would have made a name for themselves last night under a truly great manager & his personality would have boosted their performance.

I'm willing to give the Count more time to show he can actually be that bloke, but it's looking to me like next season's Lg Cup team will be the same bunch, with 2 more 40 mil signings thrown in, & still no kids on the bench. I thought the Count was the man for this, & different to Mancini, but it's starting to look doubtful.

Spot on
Jon London
Robinho's Step Over

Postby twosips » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:54 pm

I do find it worrying how 'safe' MP played it last night. It's not exactly inspiring and I can't help but see it as a huge negative against him. No point having record breaking youth teams playing wonderful football and a huge new academy if there appears to be no route into the first team. It's not as if we're trying to give games to shite either - there are several youth team players worthy of getting a chance in one way or another. Barker, Pozo, Fofana, Maffeo, Angelino, Ambrose. None of them would have embarrassed themselves for half hour last night.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Sparklehorse » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:31 pm

The brief is to win 5 trophies in 3 seasons. He played a strong team thinking that this trophy is the easiest to win.
It's backfired, he should have had at least two youngsters in there last night, and now we've got a major injury worry before a massive game.
Bad management....
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby twosips » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:34 pm

Thing is it's possible, very very possible with the squad we've got, to win that many trophies and bring kids through. The best and great managers do that. Surely it's not as simple as any 5 trophies either - if he wins 4 league cups and 1 premier league in 5 years I personally wouldn't be happy and I'm sure the board wouldn't either. The league cup has to be the place where we play kids - it just has to be.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:21 pm

[quote="Sparklehorse"]The brief is to win 5 trophies in 3 seasons. He played a strong team thinking that this trophy is the easiest to win.
It's backfired, he should have had at least two youngsters in there last night, and now we've got a major injury worry before a massive game.
Bad management....[/quote]

No it isn't.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:04 pm

Even if we go back to last season, Negredo got injured and ruined his season - nearly costing us the league by playing the second leg of a tie that we were 6-0 up in. We should have been playing Devante Cole. I said at the time if you're not gonna play 3/4 youngsters a chance in a game that you're 6-0 up in, when are they ever going to get a game?

Newcastle played youngsters last night. Why did none even get a place on the bench? Instead we play our star man and he gets injured.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Sparklehorse » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:52 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:[quote="Sparklehorse"]The brief is to win 5 trophies in 3 seasons. He played a strong team thinking that this trophy is the easiest to win.
Bad management....

No it isn't.[/quote]

With respect please tell me where the good management was then !!
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:00 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:[quote="Sparklehorse"]The brief is to win 5 trophies in 3 seasons. He played a strong team thinking that this trophy is the easiest to win.
Bad management....

No it isn't.

With respect please tell me where the good management was then !![/quote]

I've highlighted the bit that I was responding to. The brief isn't what you said it is.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Sparklehorse » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:52 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:
Bad management....

No it isn't.

I've highlighted the bit that I was responding to. The brief isn't what you said it is.[/quote]

Sorry, my mistake, it seems that its 5 trophies in 5 years is the hope according to the article ive just read, which makes last nights debacle even more baffling.
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Sparklehorse » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:53 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:
Bad management....

No it isn't.

I've highlighted the bit that I was responding to. The brief isn't what you said it is.[/quote]

Sorry, my mistake, it seems that its 5 trophies in 5 years is the hope according to the article ive just read, which makes last nights debacle even more baffling.
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Tony P » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:18 pm

So where's Ichygoogoo or whatever his name is? He must be 18 now.
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby sheblue » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:29 pm

Tony P wrote:So where's Ichygoogoo or whatever his name is? He must be 18 now.

Wasn't he supposed to be 18 in early October? Anyway is he any good at left back?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby zuricity » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:47 pm

sheblue wrote:
Tony P wrote:So where's Ichygoogoo or whatever his name is? He must be 18 now.

Wasn't he supposed to be 18 in early October? Anyway is he any good at left back?

He's really 37. not old.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Green & Blue » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:51 pm

It's disappointing not to see the youth involved in carling cup.What kind of message does it send out to the players hopeful of breaking into the first team ? If they can't get involved at that level it doesn't bode well for the future, when can they hope to get a chance? Personally I really enjoy it when we get to see a youngster get a run out once in a while.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:07 pm

Sadly, it may well take a manager who likes to bring through youth (Guardiola) or one that would be open to it (Ancelotti) and who is sufficiently comfortable in his own skin and is held in the highest regard before we get to see the youngsters in meaningful games. It seems the pressure of being successful and bringing through youth is too much for even quality managers like Mancini and Pellegrini.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:35 pm

Before the match, I thought we will probably play with our 2nd string/fringe players but then I had a hard time to think of anyone apart form Sinclair and Boyata (is Nasti still with us or is he loaned out ?). All the rest of the first squad have been highly involved this season ! All the better reason to involve some of our kids like Pozo. As it turned out, we played with our strongest team with no kids against a second string Newcastle which made the loss even more embarrassing ! Neither Sinclair nor any kid even made the bench. Did the Newcastle at Spuds weigh heavily on Pellers mind ?? Still no excuse and I was disappointed in his team selection for this match.
Still can't understand why Gudetti was loaned out especially after the departure of Negredo. I hear he's doing well with Celtic and he could have been an option for us and couldn't have done worse than Dzeko (on current form) !!
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum