Persisting With 2 Up Front

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Persisting With 2 Up Front

Postby Original Dub » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:24 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Be interesting to see which version of Nasri turns up once fit.

He wasn't in great form previously, but if he was not 100% it could be there is more to come. When he was on top form last season, before that cunt kicked him out of the game, he was our best player. That version of Nasri ticks a lot of the boxes to make the Count's system work, either as attacking mid or as 2nd striker.

The other version of Nasri, makes things worse.

Yeah, it was so unfortunate, the timing of that cunt lashing out at him. About as unfortunate as Negredo's shoulder injury.

I think he's turned a corner under Pelle and I reckon what we saw of him this season was him playing with a niggle. A couple of games on the trot and please God he'll be back to the way he was pre-assault last season.
Original Dub

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:36 am

phips wrote:
Socrates wrote:
AntMcfc wrote:
s1ty m wrote:I'd prefer to see DMC in there as that was a title proven partnership, as was Ferna in the middle instead of the statue we bought from Porto. It's not great, I know.

It was a pretty shocking partnership for a good four months too. Demichelis had no place in the side for half a season, some truly shocking performances until he fully settled. Give Mangala the same period of settling in and we will reap the rewards. It might as well be this season that we bed him into the side as the title race is as good as over.

The title race is as good as over? At the same stage last season we had a point less and were in 7th place. How did that end up?

for me, thats irrelevant. last season the "leaders" were Arsenal (managed by The Master of Failure) and Liverpool (very wet behind the ears). it was "easy" to overtake them and Chelsea wasn't as much of a threat given their possession of Etoressba.

Now, however, Chelsea has Costa and Fabregas. Liverpool is shit and Arsenal is shit. Catching up with a 2nd year Mourinho year is not at all comparable to overcoming those 2 wank squads last season

you continue to be the most full of shit poster on a site that was once renowned for such activity.

Congrats.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:23 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
phips wrote:
Socrates wrote:
AntMcfc wrote:
s1ty m wrote:I'd prefer to see DMC in there as that was a title proven partnership, as was Ferna in the middle instead of the statue we bought from Porto. It's not great, I know.

It was a pretty shocking partnership for a good four months too. Demichelis had no place in the side for half a season, some truly shocking performances until he fully settled. Give Mangala the same period of settling in and we will reap the rewards. It might as well be this season that we bed him into the side as the title race is as good as over.

The title race is as good as over? At the same stage last season we had a point less and were in 7th place. How did that end up?

for me, thats irrelevant. last season the "leaders" were Arsenal (managed by The Master of Failure) and Liverpool (very wet behind the ears). it was "easy" to overtake them and Chelsea wasn't as much of a threat given their possession of Etoressba.

Now, however, Chelsea has Costa and Fabregas. Liverpool is shit and Arsenal is shit. Catching up with a 2nd year Mourinho year is not at all comparable to overcoming those 2 wank squads last season

you continue to be the most full of shit poster on a site that was once renowned for such activity.

Congrats.

Actually , the cunt has a point.
If we don't turn the corner soon then we might just be also rans.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:49 pm

Sides were terrified of the rags, so if you got a few wins behind them in the title race, even at Christmas, it would be all but over. Chelsea, whilst a better side than the last rags team to win it, do not inspire the same bullshit fear level in opponents, So should they ever get a case of the shits, teams will try to kill them rather than shitting themselves & giving up, as they did v Ferguson.

The trick is to put enough pressure on, that a couple of bad results has them worried. If we get so far behind that they can lose three or four games & still have a healthy lead, the only way they would then lose it, would be over confidence or crippling injuries.

As it stands, the current lead would not mean much at all in Feb or March. It means one loss & one draw & suddenly your whole world of comfort has collapsed & you are shitting bricks going into the next game, wheras your rival(s) are smelling blood.

12 points is the level for me. If we get 12 points behind, we can only win if they throw it away. Anything less than that pre January & it's still wide open. Mourinho has fucked up plenty of title races. He did last year. He just managed to con everybody into believing he didn't with his 'little horse' bullshit. Chelsea were a better side than Liverpool. He fucked it up.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby phips » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:17 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:12 points is the level for me. If we get 12 points behind, we can only win if they throw it away.

so this is exactly what i said.

DoucheMerchant, where's your criticism of Ted?….

cheers
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:43 pm

No you didn't. You said the complete opposite of Ted's post, as in Ted says that last season Mourinho blew it and he might do the same this season again. Whereas as you said that you can't compare last season with this. Ted says it's not over yet, you've said nothing of the sort.

Regardless, you are well on your way off taking RH's place but at least he did it by (some sort of) plan. You just seem to have slipped in this position by accident. Perhaps time to chill for a while and foe a couple of posters instead of getting riled?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:00 pm

phips wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:12 points is the level for me. If we get 12 points behind, we can only win if they throw it away.

DoucheMerchant, where's your criticism of Ted?….

cheers

do you actually believe what you wrote up there? I'm pretty sure you do.

Weirdo.

cheers

P.S. Ted and i don't agree on everything....far from it in fact. But trying to lash yourself to his moorings is laffable. And typical.

cheers again
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Fidel Castro » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:40 pm

DoucheMerchant, though. I like it.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Fidel Castro » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:43 pm

Especially cos from what I remember from that night we kidnapped you and took you to Chorlton, all you said was douchebag. And you sounded like the gay guy from independence day. I'm gonna be so disappointed when I see you again and you don't sound anything like him :(
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum