rags vs the chavs

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: rags vs the chavs

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:28 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:Don't think we will win the league anyway so the rag cunts may as well suffer as much as possible.

Interesting.

Though I think it more likely the chavs will eventually win the league this season, the race still has a long way to run. Don't think we should give up on it just yet. A rag win today still leaves the gap at five. Over the next 29 games thats hardly insurmountable. Even eight could be clawed back, though that would be harder. Given Chavs are our only rivals realistically for the title, why would we want them to accrue more points? Granted, no one wants to see the rags do well but they are not in the bigger picture for me.

If, when they meet at Stamford Bridge it's looking like we ourselves have blown our chances then a Chelsea victory will be acceptable.

incidentally, if they do win the league it will be more down to our failings than their superiority imo

Looking at their results so far, I don't think your final statement rings true. There is a long way to go but if Chelsea went on to win the league in the manner they have so far then I'd say not many others would've stood a chance, including us.

Won 7, drawn 1 (against us). Not many could match those stats.

Don't forget apart from the game v us, they haven't had many games where you didn't expect a win. Maybe a few games against the top six will even it up a bit.

Also, I feel that, as Champions we have earned the right to consider ourselves the best side and as such, the one to beat. I really do think there is nothing between our squads and the winners will be the ones who perhaps want it more or maybe adapt better to their fixtures

I don't disagree in the main, we have an excellent squad of players but this season I think the planets haven't aligned in our favour. With the majority of players coming back from the WC and then straight into a difficult set of games, we've not had much chance to give them a rest in over a season.

The likes of Chelsea have had a much easier opening to the season, even with their CL games which are, for me, a far easier set of games. Even our limited squad in the CL has an impact on who we can play and therefore who we can rest and plays into the hands of our opponents in the CL and PL.

I think we will get closer but it will all depend on how Pellers utilises our players.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:25 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:It's not small-minded to want the Rags to lose, it's only natural for City fans to want to see the fuckers wasted by the likes of Chelsea. On this occasion, and although it goes against the grain to want the Rags to win, it's probably right for our chances at the league. Looking at the longterm, and if you believe that we don't look anywhere near like winning the league, then you'd probably say that you'd like to see the Chav's spank the Rags all over the pitch.

I'd like to see both of them lose for different reasons so whatever the outcome, I'll find solace.

I see what you're saying Beefy but I still can't help feel it's a small time mentality.
If you want the Rags to lose, then what you're effectively saying or implying is that you view their failure as more important than our success. That unfortunately does seem to be the mentality of certain fans.
As to your second point, what a silly thing to say we have no chance of winning the league, of course we do. But in order to do that we need Chelsea to drop points, them winning makes it harder for us to do that.
The best result for City is Chelsea losing, end of, why anyone would want a result that wasn't best for us beats me.

I remember a few seasons back the Rags wanted us to beat their title rivals when we played them, their eyes were on the main prize of winning the league rather than on the consolation of seeing their neighbors (us) lose.

The rivalry with them is and always will be a huge part of this club, but at times, like today we have to put it to one side, focus on the bigger picture and hope for the best for US. They won't threaten us this season, Chelsea will.
Last edited by Bridge'srightfoot on Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:24 pm

Not a bad game up to now. RVP just missed a great chance. He'd have buried that blindfold two years ago
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:26 pm

jizzinyoureye isn't quick enough to be a top player
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:29 pm

rags (just like eng) are a better unit without shrek.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Fidel Castro » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:53 pm

If the rags win, they will be just 2 points behind us going into the derby
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:58 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:If the rags win, they will be just 2 points behind us going into the derby

...and when we beat them they'll be five points behind.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby mr_nool » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:58 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:If the rags win, they will be just 2 points behind us going into the derby

That's actually a very scary thought.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby zuricity » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:02 pm

Matic shouldn't be on the field .Could easily have been yellow carded twice.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:12 pm

Crap. Shit defending that.
Last edited by Bridge'srightfoot on Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby blues2win » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:14 pm

As Neville said what was Rafael doing marking Drogba? I know Hazard missed his chance but what a talent!
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Dameerto » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:14 pm

Andy Gray called it at halftime on BeIN, they have been using Rafael to mark Drogba at set pieces all game.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:16 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:It's not small-minded to want the Rags to lose, it's only natural for City fans to want to see the fuckers wasted by the likes of Chelsea. On this occasion, and although it goes against the grain to want the Rags to win, it's probably right for our chances at the league. Looking at the longterm, and if you believe that we don't look anywhere near like winning the league, then you'd probably say that you'd like to see the Chav's spank the Rags all over the pitch.

I'd like to see both of them lose for different reasons so whatever the outcome, I'll find solace.

I see what you're saying Beefy but I still can't help feel it's a small time mentality.
If you want the Rags to lose, then what you're effectively saying or implying is that you view their failure as more important than our success. That unfortunately does seem to be the mentality of certain fans.
As to your second point, what a silly thing to say we have no chance of winning the league, of course we do. But in order to do that we need Chelsea to drop points, them winning makes it harder for us to do that.
The best result for City is Chelsea losing, end of, why anyone would want a result that wasn't best for us beats me.

I remember a few seasons back the Rags wanted us to beat their title rivals when we played them, their eyes were on the main prize of winning the league rather than on the consolation of seeing their neighbors (us) lose.

The rivalry with them is and always will be a huge part of this club, but at times, like today we have to put it to one side, focus on the bigger picture and hope for the best for US. They won't threaten us this season, Chelsea will.

Without going into depth, I said 'If you believe we can't win it...' so not really a silly statement at all. You see Bridge, we have no say or influence on how other teams do as we aren't in the crowd. However, we can just sit back and see how it pans out, not needing to support one over the other as they are teams that I don't want winning a bean.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:20 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:

Without going into depth, I said 'If you believe we can't win it...' so not really a silly statement at all. You see Bridge, we have no say or influence on how other teams do as we aren't in the crowd. However, we can just sit back and see how it pans out, not needing to support one over the other as they are teams that I don't want winning a bean.

Fair enough beefy.
Anyway Rags had done okay but shit defending cost them and can't see Chelsea slipping up.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:26 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Anyway Rags had done okay but shit defending cost them and can't see Chelsea slipping up.

Me neither. They've had chances though but while they're going for the equaliser it'll undoubtedly open the door to Chelsea.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:29 pm

Chelsea have united in a vice like grip. Just thought it was time for a cliche.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby patrickblue » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:34 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Chelsea have united in a vice like grip. Just thought it was time for a cliche.

Clichy played yesterday (crap admittedly).
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby phips » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:53 pm

i feel terrible saying this but thank god
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:53 pm

YESSS!!!! GET THE FUCK IN
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby blues2win » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:54 pm

Good result plus Ivanovic out for next match.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum