rags vs the chavs

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

rags vs the chavs

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:42 am

no good result in this one is there
aside from a draw with 5 sendings off and multiple injuries
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: rags vs the chavs

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:31 am

Sorry. Will want to rags to either win or draw. They are not title rivals. The chavs are.

Obviously, five sendings off and a few broken legs wouldn't go amiss though
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:10 am

nottsblue wrote:Sorry. Will want to rags to either win or draw. They are not title rivals. The chavs are.

If the Rags beat the Chavs today, doesn't that give them even more incentive going into our game? The way we are playing at the moment I wouldn't put us down for a win at theirs, even though we have the whoodoo over them over the last few years.

I suppose today is one of those win-win situations for us as whatever score it is, we can walk away with a smile on our faces.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:21 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Sorry. Will want to rags to either win or draw. They are not title rivals. The chavs are.

If the Rags beat the Chavs today, doesn't that give them even more incentive going into our game? The way we are playing at the moment I wouldn't put us down for a win at theirs, even though we have the whoodoo over them over the last few years.

I suppose today is one of those win-win situations for us as whatever score it is, we can walk away with a smile on our faces.

We're playing the rags at home, Beefy. I'm with Notts Blue all the way.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:35 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

We're playing the rags at home, Beefy. I'm with Notts Blue all the way.

Sorry, it's early. Theirs or ours, I'm still not sure with our current form. This comes from our uncertainty at the back, we haven't looked great all season.

We should be beating the Rags quite easily but once again we have other considerations. We have the Toon game, Rags and then CSKA in a short space of time which may impact on our game. We are at home for all 3 games though which at least should bring some respite from the endless travelling we've been doing.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:49 am

A draw will do nicely with Di Maria , Hazard , Van Persie and Costa all breaking legs and Rooney getting caught in a brothel again .......... not asking much but dreams do come true don't they ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:51 am

Have to sit uncomfortably and hope for a rags win. 8 points is a big gap.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Original Dub » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:21 am

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Have to sit uncomfortably and hope for a rags win. 8 points is a big gap.

I'm on this train.

We need a chelsea fuck up at every given opportunity
Original Dub

Postby Fidel Castro » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:23 am

Don't think we will win the league anyway so the rag cunts may as well suffer as much as possible.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:31 am

Fidel Castro wrote:Don't think we will win the league anyway so the rag cunts may as well suffer as much as possible.

Interesting.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:25 am

i can live with a Chelsea win. I want to see the rags broken .....

we can deal with Chelski later.

So long as we are only 3 - 5 points back at xmas we'll be ok.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:37 am

zuricity wrote:i can live with a Chelsea win. I want to see the rags broken .....

Not meant as a dig at you, but it generally does strike me as small time thinking and is enough evidence to anyone that we're obsessed with them. We're bigger that that now, or at least we should be.
We'd rather them fail than us succeed? Why?
Chelsea are gonna be hard to topple this season and 8 points is a big gap, even at this stage. We need them to lose points when they can.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby zuricity » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:46 am

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
zuricity wrote:i can live with a Chelsea win. I want to see the rags broken .....

Not meant as a dig at you, but it generally does strike me as small time thinking and is enough evidence to anyone that we're obsessed with them. We're bigger that that now, or at least we should be.
Chelsea are gonna be hard to topple this season and 8 points is a big gap, even at this stage. We need them to lose points when they can.

That's all well and good but i still want to see the rags broken.

Chelsea, just like City have , will drops points unexpectedly.

It's not small time thinking at all.

I'm certainly not obscessed with the rags.

I don't think many on here are obscessed with the rags either. We may be obscessed with things being done fair and square. Where uefa,fifa and lastly the FA use their resources even handedly.

Also that the media didn't have their vendettas,
personally i wish the rags would disappear, but it isn't going to happen just yet.
Obscessed and small time thinking ? No not at all.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:55 am

Fidel Castro wrote:Don't think we will win the league anyway so the rag cunts may as well suffer as much as possible.

This
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:58 am

zuricity wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:

I don't think many on here are obscessed with the rags either. We may be obscessed with things being done fair and square. Where uefa,fifa and lastly the FA use their resources even handedly.

personally i wish the rags would disappear, but it isn't going to happen just yet.

I think we all want them to suffer. Just not at our expense. Want them to lose every game, but when them winning benefits us we simply have to want them to.
I say small time thinking, because in the short term it will be fun to see them lose or get hammered, but in the long term it is US who will suffer if Chelsea win.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby zuricity » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:24 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:

I think we all want them to suffer. Just not at our expense. Want them to lose every game, but when them winning benefits us we simply have to want them to.
I say small time thinking, because in the short term it will be fun to see them lose or get hammered, but in the long term it is US who will suffer if Chelsea win.

It's not at our expense though. we are behind Chelsea because we lost to Stoke and whu and drew with the arse.All winnable games. two of those were away games.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:34 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Interesting.

Though I think it more likely the chavs will eventually win the league this season, the race still has a long way to run. Don't think we should give up on it just yet. A rag win today still leaves the gap at five. Over the next 29 games thats hardly insurmountable. Even eight could be clawed back, though that would be harder. Given Chavs are our only rivals realistically for the title, why would we want them to accrue more points? Granted, no one wants to see the rags do well but they are not in the bigger picture for me.

If, when they meet at Stamford Bridge it's looking like we ourselves have blown our chances then a Chelsea victory will be acceptable.

incidentally, if they do win the league it will be more down to our failings than their superiority imo
nottsblue

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:36 pm

It's not small-minded to want the Rags to lose, it's only natural for City fans to want to see the fuckers wasted by the likes of Chelsea. On this occasion, and although it goes against the grain to want the Rags to win, it's probably right for our chances at the league. Looking at the longterm, and if you believe that we don't look anywhere near like winning the league, then you'd probably say that you'd like to see the Chav's spank the Rags all over the pitch.

I'd like to see both of them lose for different reasons so whatever the outcome, I'll find solace.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:43 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Interesting.

Though I think it more likely the chavs will eventually win the league this season, the race still has a long way to run. Don't think we should give up on it just yet. A rag win today still leaves the gap at five. Over the next 29 games thats hardly insurmountable. Even eight could be clawed back, though that would be harder. Given Chavs are our only rivals realistically for the title, why would we want them to accrue more points? Granted, no one wants to see the rags do well but they are not in the bigger picture for me.

If, when they meet at Stamford Bridge it's looking like we ourselves have blown our chances then a Chelsea victory will be acceptable.

incidentally, if they do win the league it will be more down to our failings than their superiority imo

Looking at their results so far, I don't think your final statement rings true. There is a long way to go but if Chelsea went on to win the league in the manner they have so far then I'd say not many others would've stood a chance, including us.

Won 7, drawn 1 (against us). Not many could match those stats.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:59 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Interesting.

Looking at their results so far, I don't think your final statement rings true. There is a long way to go but if Chelsea went on to win the league in the manner they have so far then I'd say not many others would've stood a chance, including us.

Won 7, drawn 1 (against us). Not many could match those stats.

Don't forget apart from the game v us, they haven't had many games where you didn't expect a win. Maybe a few games against the top six will even it up a bit.

Also, I feel that, as Champions we have earned the right to consider ourselves the best side and as such, the one to beat. I really do think there is nothing between our squads and the winners will be the ones who perhaps want it more or maybe adapt better to their fixtures
nottsblue

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum