Demise of the "Clichy"myth

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Demise of the "Clichy"myth

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:12 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:Confidence player it would seem. Was excellent yesterday, so what the hell was that against CSKA at home? Bizarre.

Perhaps that handball that was harshly given against him which led to CSKA's opener fucked with his head. I did notice him keeping his arms behind his back when attempting to block crosses in the next couple of games.

That doesn't explain why he stood there watching whilst Muller ran off him & scored for Bayern last year, or some of the other stunts he has pulled this season.

It's clear imo, proven, that neither he nor Kolarov can be trusted. Both may now go the rest of this season in great form, but could just as easily turn in the worst half known to man, completely out of the blue, for no obvious reason. We will never see it coming, it will just happen.

I wish we had one left back who was a steady performer.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:58 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:Confidence player it would seem. Was excellent yesterday, so what the hell was that against CSKA at home? Bizarre.

Perhaps that handball that was harshly given against him which led to CSKA's opener fucked with his head. I did notice him keeping his arms behind his back when attempting to block crosses in the next couple of games.

That doesn't explain why he stood there watching whilst Muller ran off him & scored for Bayern last year, or some of the other stunts he has pulled this season.

It's clear imo, proven, that neither he nor Kolarov can be trusted. Both may now go the rest of this season in great form, but could just as easily turn in the worst half known to man, completely out of the blue, for no obvious reason. We will never see it coming, it will just happen.

As he is the only fit one lets try and get behind him and the makshift B4 for the next few games, You are only as good as your last game !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:06 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

As he is the only fit one lets try and get behind him and the makshift B4 for the next few games, You are only as good as your last game !

I always get behind City players on the pitch, even Savic.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:26 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Did your tongue get stuck in your cheek when you posted that, Ted, or were you being serious ??

If you were, then it's to your credit because Savic never, euphemistically speaking, seemed to be your ideal of a proper defender.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:59 pm

I want to hear recordings of you cheering and chanting his name before I believe this. And pics, preferrably of you in a Savic shirt.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:26 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

As Ron Atkinson said I would rather have you where I can see you when Deadly Doug said he was right behind him !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby s1ty m » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:31 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Not buying that! I'd forgotten Savic.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:11 am

I never give players shit at the games, just on here, or in the pub etc.

I can't always manage to 100% stifle an involuntary groan when Nastasic stands watching someone head the ball over our bar unchallenged (or in the net) etc but I never follow it up with abuse or anything, & if that useless cunt Savic ever did anything worthwhile, I would always shout encouragement afterwards (so that would be about twice in his career I imagine).

I tend to give encouragement to players who are struggling, as I know from experience that quite a few of the players who people shit on, come good when the crowd get behind them a bit, & when people moan at one player & cheer others, they don't realise that its the whole team who suffer, not just the bloke they are moaning at (plus any poor bastard nearby) . Giving players shit during a game is really selfish imo.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:11 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I never give players shit at the games, just on here, or in the pub etc.

I can't always manage to 100% stifle an involuntary groan when Nastasic stands watching someone head the ball over our bar unchallenged (or in the net) etc but I never follow it up with abuse or anything, & if that useless cunt Savic ever did anything worthwhile, I would always shout encouragement afterwards (so that would be about twice in his career I imagine).

I tend to give encouragement to players who are struggling, as I know from experience that quite a few of the players who people shit on, come good when the crowd get behind them a bit, & when people moan at one player & cheer others, they don't realise that its the whole team who suffer, not just the bloke they are moaning at (plus any poor bastard nearby) . Giving players shit during a game is really selfish imo.

Not even Nicky Summerbee?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby phips » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:57 pm

having an absolutely fantastic match today
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby twosips » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:40 pm

phips wrote:having an absolutely fantastic match today

Thought he was amazing. First to everything defensively
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:43 pm

twosips wrote:

Me too. You can't sign a better left back than that for any amount of money.

It makes his shite games even more difficult to fathom when you see that.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:48 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
twosips wrote:

Really has upped his game lately. Along with two or three others. Imo, the reason we are now winning games, we have simply clicked into gear after a fractured pre-season
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby phips » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:51 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
twosips wrote:

Really has upped his game lately. Along with two or three others. Imo, the reason we are now winning games, we have simply clicked into gear after a fractured pre-season

do you think its because he's gotten quite a few matches in a row with Kolarov out and that maybe being rotated leads to some of his shite performances?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby AntMcfc » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:16 pm

Incredible turn around from Clichy. The form he's in at the moment is the best form of his life, it's amazing to see. Impenetrable 1v1 which is very unlike him, he's reading the game well and not getting caught out of position, and my God, his pressing is something else. The guy's engine is one of the best in the world.
AntMcfc
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya/Aguero/Totti/Busi

Postby Original Dub » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:33 pm

His breaking runs over the last few games have stood out like a sore thumb.

The fact he has the ability to do it should put him ahead of kolarov even if his crossing doesn't come close.

Different styles suit different players. Same could be said for the yaya v two ferns starting.

Plan b shouldn't be different players in the same system. Please God we've learnt that as a team this season. If and when we do, plan b will win us a treble IMO
Original Dub

Postby twosips » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:39 pm

phips wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
twosips wrote:

do you think its because he's gotten quite a few matches in a row with Kolarov out and that maybe being rotated leads to some of his shite performances?

I do. I think he's the kind of player that needs a run of games, and he should be given it now until he looks knackered. Players get rested all the time these days and i think someone as naturally energetic as Clichy doesn't really need it. Defensively Clichy's been brilliant recently and he's been better better going forward too meaning as an all-rounder he's much better than Kolarov as it stands so i don't see any reason to drop him.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:42 pm

Is he injured? Was in scintilating form and now not even on the bench
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Dwaring » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:02 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Is he injured? Was in scintilating form and now not even on the bench

Just getting a rest and we need coverage at the other end of the pitch.
Dwaring
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Yaya toure

Postby Original Dub » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:40 pm

Kolarov is doing a great job of getting his amazing crosses in and this is a game that we aren't struggling defensively in on our left, so we're not missing clichy imo.

What we're missing is a poacher.

I honestly believe this is the first game where dzeko would have scored at least two.

When kolarov is playing like this, dezko is always at the end of those crosses.
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum