Degenerate Crackhead and Lawro week 9

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Degenerate Crackhead and Lawro week 9

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:06 am

Lawro is true to form as usual and is in sync with Merson this week. Lawro takes on strictly come dancing pair Mark Wright (TOWIE WANKER) and his partner Karen Hauer.

West Ham fan Wright was a youth team player for Tottenham and later played for Southend and a number of non-league clubs.
He retired at the age of 23 to concentrate on his television career but his younger brother Josh made it as a professional player and is a midfielder for Millwall.
Hauer supports Scunthorpe United and Chelsea because of her fiancé Kevin Clifton, who is a shareholder of The Iron and a Blues fan.
Her playing career is less notable than Wright's but she did score a half-time penalty on the pitch at a Scunthorpe match in February 2014.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29684236

West Ham v Man City (12:45 BST)

I thought Manchester City were disappointing in the second half of their Champions League game against CSKA Moscow on Tuesday.
To be 2-0 up at half-time and with such a strong team out, they will know they should have gone on to win by three or four goals instead of being pegged back.

City will not relish a trip to play West Ham, who are flying at the moment.

Sam Allardyce's side scored 40 goals in 38 league games last season, but have 15 in eight in this one
If the Hammers had started the season poorly then their manager Sam Allardyce would have looked like being one of the first casualties - but it has turned out to be quite the opposite.

West Ham are playing the sort of attacking football that their fans have been demanding and I think they will have a real go against City - they can afford to on the back of their recent results.

It should be an open game but I still think City will have a bit too much for them.

Lawro's prediction: 1-2
Mark and Karen's prediction: 1-2

Merson thinks this is going to be a tough fixture with us just edging it, I think everyone is surprised that Sam has WHU playing the type of football they are, TBH its nice to see as I have always liked them....just not when they play us :-)

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... round-nine

West Ham v Man City

West Ham is a tough place to go these days. Diafra Sakho and Enner Valencia play with a lot of pace and can’t stop scoring goals and Stewart Downing is playing in a really good position.

However, Man City have to win to put some pressure on Chelsea and I think it will prove a hard game for both sides with not a lot in it. Ultimately I think Sergio Aguero will be the difference and for that reason I am going for a narrow Man City win.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-2
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Degenerate Crackhead and Lawro week 9

Postby nottsblue » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:23 pm

Not 2-0. Blimey. Good job I read that lying down!

As usual a win is all I ask. Think rags will get something from Sunday so this will just start to ramp up pressure on Chelsea if we win
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Degenerate Crackhead and Lawro week 9

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:32 pm

nottsblue wrote:Not 2-0. Blimey. Good job I read that lying down!

As usual a win is all I ask. Think rags will get something from Sunday so this will just start to ramp up pressure on Chelsea if we win

Absolutely.

I'd settle right now for a 'flukey' 1-0 victory, with all the 'experts' slagging us off as to how fortunate we were.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Return to The Maine Football forum