vincent kompany

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

vincent kompany

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:40 pm

can someone please explain what he was up to in the build up to their 1st goal?
he looked bored - pretty sure he kicked an imaginary ball just before the through ball was played.
fuckinh shocking - worse than any lescott moment
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Re: vincent kompany

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:46 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:can someone please explain what he was up to in the build up to their 1st goal?
he looked bored - pretty sure he kicked an imaginary ball just before the through ball was played.

Come on, FFS he has got us out of jail so much, how many times have we played with the same back four for two or more games this season?

Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:59 pm

They've just highlighted it again on Sky.

Mangala was too far forward, nobody puts any pressure on the ball, but it's still a relatively simple job for VK to clean up, & he would normally do it easily, except for some reason he doesn't see it coming. Redknapp is spot on imo; that goal doesn't get scored by Chelsea in the Premier League, we would be all over it.

They are suggesting complacency, but I recon it's more like mental paralysis; they lose their composure & can't play.

VK going on about the pens & sponsors getting fans in the ground in the post match. Great comments from Koeman: " You don't talk about sponsors & stuff like that, you are MANCHESTER CITY & 2-0 up at half time ".

That's exactly what the Count is trying to get into them; to play like a 'big team'. Koeman gets it, the Count gets it, but some of the players & fan don't get it at all.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:04 pm

His post might be harsh, but I do see a pattern emerging.......

Scenario A
Vinny misses the ball
But puts in a great last ditch challenge
Everyone thinks he is amazing for it

Scenario B
Next game demichelis looks like a cunt
Vinny is stood near the half way line

Now, he is obviously a top top player, but he gets a total free ride for situations like Barca at home last year, or whenever he puts a stupid challenge in, just because every now and again he puts in a last ditch challenge. In this respect he is completely like john terry, a decent enough defender, but out of position so often his recoveries are seen as incredible feats of defending...feats that wouldn't have been necessary had they defended properly in the first place.

I cut him a lot of slack, I like him, and to be honest tonight didn't really piss me off that much, but let's not all blow smoke up his fucking arse, he needs to improve big time.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:09 pm

Richard Dunne minus the comedy OGs.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:12 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:His post might be harsh, but I do see a pattern emerging.......

Scenario A
Vinny misses the ball

Scenario B

Now, he is obviously a top top player, but he gets a total free ride for situations like Barca at home last year, or whenever he puts a stupid challenge in, just because every now and again he puts in a last ditch challenge. In this respect he is completely like john terry, a decent enough defender, but out of position so often his recoveries are seen as incredible feats of defending...feats that wouldn't have been necessary had they defended properly in the first place.

I cut him a lot of slack, I like him, and to be honest tonight didn't really piss me off that much, but let's not all blow smoke up his fucking arse, he needs to improve big time.

He is probably the best defender in world football, but tonight, he fucked up quite a few times & he has on plenty of occasions in that competition, as has Zabba, another great player. Joe Hart has also done the same on several occasions, as have most of our top players. Their mentality is not right, & hasn't been since that home game v Napoli (who everyone thought were a great side, like Roma, til Chelsea showed them up as fuck all).

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:20 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:can someone please explain what he was up to in the build up to their 1st goal?

Come on, FFS he has got us out of jail so much, how many times have we played with the same back four for two or more games this season?

vk is the constant in our defence that cska branded as weak...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:23 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:His post might be harsh, but I do see a pattern emerging.......

Scenario A
Vinny misses the ball

Scenario B

He is probably the best defender in world football, but tonight, he fucked up quite a few times & he has on plenty of occasions in that competition, as has Zabba, another great player. Joe Hart has also done the same on several occasions, as have most of our top players. Their mentality is not right, & hasn't been since that home game v Napoli (who everyone thought were a great side, like Roma, til Chelsea showed them up as fuck all).

With Vinny though, as great as he is, it's not just the champs league is it?

Vinny is a great player on the ball and last ditch, one of my favourite ever city players, but too many people just miss the point as to why he is a last ditch tackler in the first place, generally because like terry, he makes too many mistakes in the earlier phases of play
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:37 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Scenario A
Vinny misses the ball

Scenario B

Vinny is a great player on the ball and last ditch, one of my favourite ever city players, but too many people just miss the point as to why he is a last ditch tackler in the first place, generally because like terry, he makes too many mistakes in the earlier phases of play

That's fair enough, but I think that is part of the way our defence (& Real/Barca etc) are supposed to play; go after the ball, even if you miss it occasionally. Mangala covered for him 1st half when he got it wrong, but he went missing when he should have been covering for Mangala's mistake.

A bigger problem imo is the lack of pressure on the ball elsewhere. When Barca pressed the ball, they were almost unplayable. when they stopped pressing the ball, their defence was shown up to be a bunch of fucking clowns. It's the same with Bayern. Our defenders have a tougher job, because the rst of our team do not press with enough energy. If our back 4 played for Bayern, they would be an even better team imo.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:47 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Scenario A
Vinny misses the ball

Scenario B

That's fair enough, but I think that is part of the way our defence (& Real/Barca etc) are supposed to play; go after the ball, even if you miss it occasionally. Mangala covered for him 1st half when he got it wrong, but he went missing when he should have been covering for Mangala's mistake.

A bigger problem imo is the lack of pressure on the ball elsewhere. When Barca pressed the ball, they were almost unplayable. when they stopped pressing the ball, their defence was shown up to be a bunch of fucking clowns. It's the same with Bayern. Our defenders have a tougher job, because the rst of our team do not press with enough energy. If our back 4 played for Bayern, they would be an even better team imo.

I'd be interested to see the influence of Fernandinho on all of this........when he plays, our defence rarely look to struggle and be exposed (as they don't need to press's the ball into midfield as much).
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Bluedj » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:03 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Scenario A
Vinny misses the ball

Scenario B

Ted, I think you're absolutely right and last night it stood out light a lighthouse. My concern is the likes of Yaya, is his laziness becoming cancerous. This team needs a big shake up because they're just not progressing

One over fact which annoys the hell out of me, is this snail’s pace we have going forward especially when the park the bus teams come out of the shell and attack. When we played rapid one touch football as per the last Derby at the swamp, we are the most exciting team in the world to watch, but how often do we do that, why can't we increase the tempo to that level more often and blow teams away, then do some ball retention to wear the opposition down

Summary, mental application
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Chinners » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:38 am

We've not had the same centre back pairing for 7 games now .... simples
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:13 am

Best centre half in the Prem and one of the top ones in the world.

However he had a poor 2nd half last night, no escaping it. That's the nub of it.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Return to The Maine Football forum