The Rise & Fall Of Borussia Dortmund

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Rise & Fall Of Borussia Dortmund

Postby freshie » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:46 am

Reus scored a screamer last night and assisted 2 I think. He'd be my no.1 priority signing for the summer
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:40 am

Summer priority list

Pogba
Reus
Barkley
In that order.

Get Reus in and ship Navas out. Get Pogba in and ship Ya Ya out, get Barley in and he replaces Fat Frank. Job done.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:17 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Looked pretty good tonight.

Cheers.

I feel like such a hipster dpuche but I love Klopp. Love him. Love that teams fans and their colors and their story. Love it.

If he ever leaves there its a crime. A crime.

Cheers

Looks like they're on a "fall" mate. The board has spoken. Better find another hipster team to follow, don't pick Ludogorets though, they're mine. A dufus like you would ruin their credibility.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby phips » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:31 am

freshie wrote:Reus scored a screamer last night and assisted 2 I think. He'd be my no.1 priority signing for the summer

scored 1 assisted 1

Just got to watch Wednesday's match. It really is mind boggling. In 3 CL games this season Dortmund have scored 9 and conceded 0 andy ave never looked troubled in any of the 3 matches. In 8 league games they've scored 10 and conceded 14 (surely Anderlecht, Arsenal, and Gala are all better than Koln and the club teams Dortmund have choked against this season). its almost like Chelsea a few years ago where they sucked in the league but won the Cl.

I think now that Reus, Hummels, and Gundogan are finally healthy the league form will start to click. it doesn't help that both of their left backs are now injured and Kagawa might be out as well (unless that was just a cramp).

that move that Gundogan put on his defender to set up Ramos for the 4th was absurd.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Camebro » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:04 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Summer priority list

Pogba
Reus
Barkley
In that order.

Get Reus in and ship Navas out. Get Pogba in and ship Ya Ya out, get Barley in and he replaces Fat Frank. Job done.

Pogba might be a pipe dream, he's just extended his contract to 2019 at juventus.
Camebro
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Current: zabba

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:41 pm

1-0 up in munich
reus
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:46 pm

2-1 munich
subotic on at h/to and to blame for both goals
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby phips » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:30 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:2-1 munich
subotic on at h/to and to blame for both goals

blaming him for the 1st is a little rough. he slid in and intercepted Ribery's pass and it randomly fell to Lewandowski
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:26 am

Quite an interesting read from Martin Samuel regarding this subject, and one I tend to agree with.

Bayern Munich's dominance in Germany shows how greed can wreck football
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby mr_nool » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:22 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Quite an interesting read from Martin Samuel regarding this subject, and one I tend to agree with.

that was a good read - cheers for thee link beefster.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:22 pm

Yeah cheers.

His description of that game was accurate from the parts I saw. By the time I turned over to watch Lopez for Lille, even though Dortmund were winning, it had been actually like watching City go through Utd's ten men time & again but not quite score. It was that level of dominance. I fully expected to find that Bayern had won, the only surprise was that it was only two goals.

What they have done with Dortmund is horrible.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:38 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Quite an interesting read from Martin Samuel regarding this subject, and one I tend to agree with.

Spot on again by Samuel who has seen through FFP & crooks like KHR from the start.

On the Bayern and the Bundesliga, Ive said the very same thing on here for the past 2 years; amidst the media circle jerkfest on the Bundesliga about how fookin great it is.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john68 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:48 pm

The more I researched the football politics of European football, the more I came to understand the role and power of KHR. Whilst others were raging against Platini, I realised that KHR was a driving force for and the mouthpiece of the old G14. It was he, who in the early days threatened that the G14 would " close the UeFA shop", a threat in reference to a UeFA proposed ban, should the G14 breakaway.

Throughout the rise of the power and money grab that underpinned the G14, you could plainly see KHR's fingerprints all over it.

He is the ultimate money/power grabber. initially driving the G14 onward, diminishing UeFA's power to regulate European football (the Royal Charleroi case 2005/06), establishing the European Clubs' Assoc (of which he remains the main spokesman) in such a way that it enhanced the old global clubs' interests and planning for the futureof those clubs by actively seeking a breakaway league around 2018. Platini is a naive innocent compared to this guy.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:07 pm

Him, Berlusconi, the rags, Arsenal imo are the people who stand to gain most from ffp & then of course that slimey Russian gangter saw a chance to gain a quick advantage for a season or two.

But from now on, the advantage to Chelsea has pretty much gone after this season, so I doubt ffp is in their interests anymore. Qatar own PSG, but have heavilly sponsored Barca, Abu Dhabi own City but have heavilly sponsored Real Madrid.

Another cartel could easily appear.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john68 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:21 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Him, Berlusconi, the rags, Arsenal imo are the people who stand to gain most from ffp & then of course that slimey Russian gangter saw a chance to gain a quick advantage for a season or two.

But from now on, the advantage to Chelsea has pretty much gone after this season, so I doubt ffp is in their interests anymore. Qatar own PSG, but have heavilly sponsored Barca, Abu Dhabi own City but have heavilly sponsored Real Madrid.

My opinion Ted (and only my personal speculation) is that currently there is yet another major battle going on between the nine powerful clubs and UeFA.

If the old elite want to break in 2018, they will need the support of clubs just below them. We have recently seen that UeFA/City/PSG have met to discuss changes to the FFPRs that would adversely affect the old elite and make the CL more equitable for those 2nd tier clubs and other teams in general. I can't find much on it yet but believe that UEFA are looking to consolidate those clubs' support, and attempting to weaken the power of the elite by isolating them.

Will expand on this should you wish Mate.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:26 pm

john68 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Him, Berlusconi, the rags, Arsenal imo are the people who stand to gain most from ffp & then of course that slimey Russian gangter saw a chance to gain a quick advantage for a season or two.

My opinion Ted (and only my personal speculation) is that currently there is yet another major battle going on between the nine powerful clubs and UeFA.

If the old elite want to break in 2018, they will need the support of clubs just below them. We have recently seen that UeFA/City/PSG have met to discuss changes to the FFPRs that would adversely affect the old elite and make the CL more equitable for those 2nd tier clubs and other teams in general. I can't find much on it yet but believe that UEFA are looking to consolidate those clubs' support, and attempting to weaken the power of the elite by isolating them.

Yeah, please do; sounds an interesting theory.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:15 pm

john68 wrote:

Hi John, the old group, which might have has some very happy campers such as Valencia, Lyon, Deportivo La Corruna, Porto, Ajax, PSV, the pub teams from Scotland who to be frank were happy to be catching the crumbs, have all become of less use to the Bayerns, Madrid Barca,
PSG and us have turned up with more than a happy to be taking part attitude and the G14 have had to accept it but not on terms that will be fair to us if they can help it. The likes of PSG would be happy to join a European league ditching Ligue 1 without blinking. Rennes fans I know do not give a toss as they hate Paris. The worst of it is Platini knows full well that is the case and French football unlike Scotland expect it and will not care to lose the biggest fish who could win the league with a 2nd string most weeks. The G14 imo have been hit by Europes financial woes as much as most industries, French, Portugal, Spain are on there backsides, the 1st teams I mention will never return unless like Valencia they get a wealthy owner and even then it will be 3rd place they will be taking, without Chumps League whats the point for the likes of Peter Lim, who might want to join us and PSG in forming a new gang. 2018 will see major changes even the current Premier league may have to have a first ever winter break Sponsors are gonna love that. City might just be the team with a hub in NY to bring a global league one day. Lets be honest the club owners in Europe do not give a toss for W.Cups if they are being honest.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john68 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:35 am

First; Apologies to Ted for not yet expanding on my speculation. Out of respect to my old Pal Beefers and his original topic, I will do so in a new thread as soon as I get chance.

Hazy, I agree with just about all of that mate and thanks for adding a bit of detail about the French. Ta Pal.
john68

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum