City v CSKA Moscow ticket offer news

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: City v CSKA Moscow ticket offer news

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:26 pm

can we ask uefa to play the game behind closed doors?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:07 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:can we ask uefa to play the game behind closed doors?

Lol ..nice one .But being serious for a minute Byern have thrown us a lifeline .we talk about the players having the balls for C L .Have we the fans got the balls to raise the roof at home in the re-match seeing as they wont have any fans ...
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby blues2win » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:12 pm

City officially complaining to UEFA about presence of CSKA fans at the match. Did sound quite noisy for a closed doors match.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mark Garrett » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:15 pm

blues2win wrote:City officially complaining to UEFA about presence of CSKA fans at the match. Did sound quite noisy for a closed doors match.

Please tell me this is a joke?!

We have got more pressing issues to deal with in Europe than a crowd or no crowd.

There were delegates, sponsors and officials allowed into the ground, totalling 500 plus press. Clearly the sponsors not surprisingly were Russian and CSKA fans!
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:18 pm

Mark Garrett wrote:
blues2win wrote:City officially complaining to UEFA about presence of CSKA fans at the match. Did sound quite noisy for a closed doors match.

We have got more pressing issues to deal with in Europe than a crowd or no crowd.

There were delegates, sponsors and officials allowed into the ground, totalling 500 plus press. Clearly the sponsors not surprisingly were Russian and CSKA fans!

who sang CSKA songs? I dont care TBH, it made no impact on our performance, however, it was a piss take. Played behind closed doors, but the fuclin doors were not locked. Give them another few games ban until they take it seriously
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby City64 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:18 pm

Mark Garrett wrote:

Looked like local vodka swilling piss heads to me ? How come no Stella supping mancunians were allowed in ? Fucking bent as fuck !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mark Garrett » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:27 pm

I couldn't careless to be honest if there was a few Russian pissheads there.

If they allow in delegates and sponsors etc, then the chances are that the sponsors will be CSKA fans and so will chant.

If City report and make an issue of this it will just add to the comical nature of our presence in the Champions League.
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:33 pm

Lol ..nice one .But being serious for a minute Byern have thrown us a lifeline .we talk about the players having the balls for C L .Have we the fans got the balls to raise the roof at home in the re-match seeing as they wont have any fans ...[/quote]
Well said...I hope so. It is nt over yet.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby City64 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:35 pm

Mark Garrett wrote:I couldn't careless to be honest if there was a few Russian pissheads there.

If they allow in delegates and sponsors etc, then the chances are that the sponsors will be CSKA fans and so will chant.

If City report and make an issue of this it will just add to the comical nature of our presence in the Champions League.

But they had "home" fans inside the ground "chanting" . It was supposed to be "behind closed doors " . Nothing comical just bent , but it is a bent competition run by a corrupt organisation so who gives a fuck .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:16 pm

Just sorted this with extra tickets this afternoon - both me and a mate are on the Cup scheme (not for much longer though). On hold 2 mins, extra 2 tickets sorted. I don't think Ill ever fully get over how much that Wigan Cup Final set me back to take me, the wife and 2 kids - still makes me shudder.
Last edited by Goaters 103 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Original Dub » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:22 pm

The offer should be:

"Get one free".

Forget the buying...
Original Dub

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:33 pm

Original Dub wrote:The offer should be:

"Get one free".

Forget the buying...

Considering the money we've ploughed into the club over the last 35 years, Id say we both deserve our extras for this one.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Original Dub » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:05 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:The offer should be:

"Get one free".

Forget the buying...

Considering the money we've ploughed into the club over the last 35 years, Id say we both deserve our extras for this one.

Damn right !
Original Dub

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:05 pm

Original Dub wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Didn't we do this for that great Hamburg game that we eventually went out on?

If I remember rightly, that was £5 per ticket.

And possibly the best atmosphere I've ever seen at a home game.

Every fan, in every stand, was standing up for the whole match, singing and urging the team on. Incredible atmosphere.

It was a privilege to be at that game.

I would love if we even created half that atmosphere regularly.

Incredible night.

Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. No atmosphere has matched that since, a few good ones but none where the whole crowd were on their feet singing their heart out for 90 minutes.

It was also arguably one of the most spirited City performances I've ever seen against a team at the time, who were a level or two above ours. Mightily unlucky as well, Elano cracked two beautiful free kicks against the woodwork.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Original Dub » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:30 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Didn't we do this for that great Hamburg game that we eventually went out on?

If I remember rightly, that was £5 per ticket.

And possibly the best atmosphere I've ever seen at a home game.

Every fan, in every stand, was standing up for the whole match, singing and urging the team on. Incredible atmosphere.

It was a privilege to be at that game.

I would love if we even created half that atmosphere regularly.

Incredible night.

Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. No atmosphere has matched that since, a few good ones but none where the whole crowd were on their feet singing their heart out for 90 minutes.

It was also arguably one of the most spirited City performances I've ever seen against a team at the time, who were a level or two above ours. Mightily unlucky as well, Elano cracked two beautiful free kicks against the woodwork.

Elano was excellent that night.

I seem to remember zabs limping off towards the end. He had given it everything.

Goosebumps is right.
Amazing. See, you don't have to win for it to be special. Just fucking give it everything and we're happy.
Original Dub

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:42 pm

Original Dub wrote:Elano was excellent that night.

I seem to remember zabs limping off towards the end. He had given it everything.

Goosebumps is right.
Amazing. See, you don't have to win for it to be special. Just fucking give it everything and we're happy.

That night was the perfect storm. The players inspired the fans and the fans inspired the players. It builds back and forth like a relationship, it's not necessarily a case of singing louder or playing better, it's tiny steps.

I remember tickets were a fiver or something daft. Backs were against the wall so the effort needed and then implied seemed greater. What I mean is when you're not expected to get a result, it becomes more worthwhile for the fan to have a role in backing underdog.

Everything now is the opposite of that night. We're expected to win games, it makes the fans' role redundant.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum