Other games this week

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Other games this week | Oct 18-22

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:13 pm

To anyone who watched that shower of shite this evening, did Sky and Martin Tyler do a squad cost comparison, or once again does that only get trotted out when City are involved?
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Green & Blue » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:23 pm

Ed Woodward caught on camera directing "oh you fu**ing waste of money " towards a rag player at the game tonight.Anyones guess which one of them he was aiming his outburst at https://vine.co/v/ObIvTEigOQH
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:52 pm

Green & Blue wrote:Ed Woodward caught on camera directing "oh you fu**ing waste of money " towards a rag player at the game tonight.Anyones guess which one of them he was aiming his outburst at https://vine.co/v/ObIvTEigOQH

I doubt thats what hes saying.

If you turn off the audio so youre not influenced by the guy who posted the video and try to read his lips it doesnt look like that's what hes saying at all
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:55 pm

Green & Blue wrote:Ed Woodward caught on camera directing "oh you fu**ing waste of money " towards a rag player at the game tonight.Anyones guess which one of them he was aiming his outburst at https://vine.co/v/ObIvTEigOQH

Could have been any of the 10 out there.....(I rate de Gea)
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby twosips » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:25 am

Saul Goodman wrote:

I doubt thats what hes saying.

If you turn off the audio so youre not influenced by the guy who posted the video and try to read his lips it doesnt look like that's what hes saying at all

Yeah i'm with you on that. Looks like he says something to do with the word 'fuck' but could easily just be ffs or something.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:39 am

If they that open against us . It will be fill your boots time.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:19 am

Hazy2 wrote:If they that open against us . It will be fill your boots time.

If they are allowed the space Spurs got, we will need to fill our boots, as they will score more than one.

Also if they are allowed to shove our defenders under the ball plus dive full length on the floor using their hands to stop possible goalscoring opportunities, without sanction from the ref, we may have a problem.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby RodneyRodney » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:25 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Dipstick wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:They've had the easiest run of games you could imagine and have still only managed 12 points out of a possible 24. They're in trouble.

To put it into perspective, in the corresponding games last season they claimed 21 points from 24 (with a goal difference of 16-4), only losing to Everton.

There's an interesting comparison with Moyes to be made also. After 8 games last season he had one less point than Butthead. However, he'd played Us, the Chavs and the Dippers in those games and also had to deal with European football and the league cup. He then went on to win his next three games.

. . . & Moyes hadn't spent 150M
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:26 am

Goaters 103 wrote:To anyone who watched that shower of shite this evening, did Sky and Martin Tyler do a squad cost comparison, or once again does that only get trotted out when City are involved?

yes he did mention it once but wasnt paying attention as I was doing something at the time, but it was mentioned but NOT elaborated on.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby gmercer1 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:45 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Also if they are allowed to shove our defenders under the ball plus dive full length on the floor using their hands to stop possible goalscoring opportunities, without sanction from the ref, we may have a problem.

How that little twat got away with that I'll never know.
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:47 am

He nearly started crying with Joy when Blind scored.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:59 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:If they that open against us . It will be fill your boots time.

If they are allowed the space Spurs got, we will need to fill our boots, as they will score more than one.

Bollocks Ted they are shite and we are very very good, despite the players all over the globe that week. Spurs was a mental game 10-4 could have been a fair score granted, it will be heads on and 5-0, if you cannot defend against teams like us you will get smashed !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:36 am

Tbf, they had moments of good football vs West Brom & if we allowed them space, they would cause us problems. The big problem they had, was that if West Brom had decided they were going to beat them, rather than hang on, then West Brom would probably have beaten them.

We will be trying to beat them.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:58 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:To anyone who watched that shower of shite this evening, did Sky and Martin Tyler do a squad cost comparison, or once again does that only get trotted out when City are involved?

yes he did mention it once but wasnt paying attention as I was doing something at the time, but it was mentioned but NOT elaborated on.

He said something like - 'That's a £240 million team compared to a £14 million one'. Not sure whether Brom team only cost that but it sounded like what he said. It was noticeable however, that it was just a passing comment and no further explanation given, as if he'd realised he shouldn't have mentioned it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:27 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

He said something like - 'That's a £240 million team compared to a £14 million one'. Not sure whether Brom team only cost that but it sounded like what he said. It was noticeable however, that it was just a passing comment and no further explanation given, as if he'd realised he shouldn't have mentioned it.

Forgot himself for a moment, no doubt.

Will have had the memo after the game.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:42 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Forgot himself for a moment, no doubt.

Will have had the memo after the game.

And NOT ONE WORD about the zillions they have spent this season in any newspaper.
If I ever meet any supporter who still claims there is no bias I will have to hurt them.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Clowncrete » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:36 pm

Roma getting absolutely destroyed. It would have been brilliant viewing if we had just held out in Moscow, ffs.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:38 pm

Clowncrete wrote:Roma getting absolutely destroyed. It would have been brilliant viewing if we had just held out in Moscow, ffs.

Shame really. We couldn't beat Roma at home so I'm not sure what we can do away. We should beat CSKA though, and Bayern should be a breeze.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PeterParker » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:38 pm

Thank God that Bayern exist in this moments.

They put us back in the race, really reminds me of that group with Napoli. All will come down at Roma in the last fixture. Clear as day.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby halnone » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:42 pm

wow.

The ball went off his face and the refs give a penalty. Sporting got absolutely fucked over. CL refs are a fucking joke.
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum