***city v spurs official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v spurs official match thread***

Postby blues2win » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:33 pm

'Spurs could have been 2-2 with their missed penalty' Wankers We could have been 3-1 with our missed penalty. Not mentioned.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby gmercer1 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:33 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:Hart and Aguero have been immense today

Makes up for Fernando and sagna being beyond shit.

2 shite players and win 4-1 will take that all day ;)
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby gmercer1 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:38 pm

I'd love to know what we have done to piss every commentator off in the country.
We must be real bastids
gmercer1

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:43 pm

mr_nool wrote:Fuck, was sure I had Aguero as Fantasy captain, but it turns out I have Costa.

Me too, until I realised I changed it today!

PS. Can't BT hire just 1 City pundit instead of all these Rags and Scouse? I wouldn't mind if we were still languishing down at the bottom end but we've won the PL twice in the last 3 years and probably the biggest amount of cup winners in the same time. Still, not one single ex-player with real City allegiances.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:44 pm

gmercer1 wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

I didn't think Sagna was shite at all.He isn't Zaba we know that but his defending is good,energy good and he gets forward a lot but somehow hasn't got the quality of Zaba up front. Fernando was unusually poor today so I hope that's a one off.

The other player well below his best was Silva.Most unusual for him to misplace so much but I will forgive him anything.

Good 3 points with an average display I would say.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby mr_nool » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:46 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Fuck, was sure I had Aguero as Fantasy captain, but it turns out I have Costa.

PS. Can't BT hire just 1 City pundit instead of all these Rags and Scouse? I wouldn't mind if we were still languishing down at the bottom end but we've won the PL twice in the last 3 years and probably the biggest amount of cup winners in the same time. Still, not one single ex-player with real City allegiances.

Give it another couple of years with us at the top, and it will happen. We also need some real stars to retire.
I think the next one will be Lampard. He will be used as a Chelsea pundit, but he will have feelings for us.
Would be great to have someone like Dunne in the studio, though, but that will never happen.
I don't really know how SWP is in front of the camera. He could be an option.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:47 pm

blues2win wrote:'Spurs could have been 2-2 with their missed penalty' Wankers We could have been 3-1 with our missed penalty. Not mentioned.

Yeah, that missed penalty and the sending off could have been turning points, just as our missed penalty and numerous chances that we missed. The fact that they weren't winning at any point of the game takes any of that statement and smashes it straight back through their fucking windows, the thick fucking cunts!

I suppose they're still pampering to the Rags and Dippers who tuned in to see us lose, pampering to the masses. WANKERS!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby branny » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:57 pm

Play shite, Beat Spurs 4-1. Happy. Navas, Sagna, Fernando and Silva had off days. We will get better.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby twosips » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:56 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Give it another couple of years with us at the top, and it will happen. We also need some real stars to retire.
I think the next one will be Lampard. He will be used as a Chelsea pundit, but he will have feelings for us.
Would be great to have someone like Dunne in the studio, though, but that will never happen.

I really can't imagine either Dunne or SWP being good in front of a camera. That'll never happen. Kompany will be a regular when he eventually retires if he doesn't go into coaching. Surprised Bellamy hasn't become a pundit yet - i think he'd be nice about us.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:12 pm

gmercer1 wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

Not bad is it?
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:23 pm

I didnt make that mistake !!
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:25 pm

twosips wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I really can't imagine either Dunne or SWP being good in front of a camera. That'll never happen. Kompany will be a regular when he eventually retires if he doesn't go into coaching. Surprised Bellamy hasn't become a pundit yet - i think he'd be nice about us.

Wouldn't mind seeing 'Buzzer' as a regular TV pundit.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:54 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

I didn't think Sagna was shite at all.He isn't Zaba we know that but his defending is good,energy good and he gets forward a lot but somehow hasn't got the quality of Zaba up front. Fernando was unusually poor today so I hope that's a one off.

The other player well below his best was Silva.Most unusual for him to misplace so much but I will forgive him anything.

Good 3 points with an average display I would say.

I totally agree about Sagna. I voted him MOM. He made some crucial covering tackles and interceptions in the first half. I also thought it was a great game with a very good atmosphere. I have just got back from the game and am a bit surprised at some of the comments. This game was played with Tuesday in mind. No start for Zaba Yaya Fern 1 Dzeko Kolarov Mangala. They will play on Tuesday. With that in mind it was a great performance today.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby kennyboy » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:54 pm

Silva's worst game ever for us, didnt put a foot right all game.

Kun oustanding, MOM. Hart was brilliant too.
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby twosips » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:01 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
twosips wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Wouldn't mind seeing 'Buzzer' as a regular TV pundit.

Summerbee?

He's just a bit shit though isn't he? I know he's a City fan and all that but i don't think he comes across very well tbh. He comes across as a fan would - overly enthusiastic and hugely and unequivocally biased. He doesn't even try to hide it.. it doesn't really make good tele and he's also too old really. He doesn't fit in with the modern premier league era they're trying to sell. Shame but that's just how i see it.

Lampard is the obvious one eventually.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby City64 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:18 pm

Just got back from the game . Good open match , good atmosphere aswell which was a big plus . Can't understand the stick Sagna has got on here ???? everyone I was with inside the ground thought he had a very decent game although his crossing needs to be a little better . Lampard was playing well until injured , hope it isn't too serious ? Aguero at his unreal sublime world class best , what a player ! Joe Hart magnificent at a crucial stage of the game ..........brilliant saves ! Lastly a mentio for Vinny , what a leader and what a player , thoroughly enjoyable day .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby twosips » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:27 pm

Thought Kompany was poor personally. Constantly giving away needless free-kicks. Sagna had a good game though.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby City64 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:50 pm

twosips wrote:Thought Kompany was poor personally. Constantly giving away needless free-kicks. Sagna had a good game though.

Agree with Sagna having a good game , he did his job well as Spurs were a threat at times on the counter , got through plenty of work .............it is part of Vinny,s game to break up opponents attacks where he sticks a leg or foot in , he got one wrong today but superb again for me.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:12 pm

Thought that MdM had some good moments. There are times when the way he reads the game so well and just steps in to effortlessly pinch the ball reminds me of Bobby Moore. Mind you, so does his lack of pace.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:17 pm

One thing we seen from today is that we need to get somebody to replace Yaya and bed him in slowly to ensure we aren't left in the same situation as today. Yaya's been at the heart of our team for many years now and he commands that area, gaining the ball from every part of the pitch. It was so noticeable that he wasn't there and nobody took control of that middle ground. I was a lot more confident when he came on.

Overall, I thought we deserved to win and 4-1 isn't a bad score, for them or us, in regard to how the chances went.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum