2 up front

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: 2 up front

Postby Original Dub » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:52 pm

phips wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
phips wrote:while im a proponent of the 5-man midfield, im starting to think that our current issue with the system is, as others have said, the Dzeko-Aguero partnership. When Jovetic and Aguero were injured last year the Negredo-Dzeko partnership up top flourished..until Beast's form dipped.

im very inclined to see Dzeko and Jovetic play together. Aguero doesn't like passing to Dzeko.

It didn't flourish at all, it was just as bad as Dzeko/Aguero if not worse.

Aguero/Negredo was a proper partnership, they provided the perfect foil for each other and linked up very well, their instincts complimented each other.

There seems to be some promise in the Jovetic/Dzeko pairing.

i seem to remember Negredo and Dzeko banging in the goals when they played together

Was that on on New Years day?

Gobshite.
Original Dub

Re: 2 up front

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:34 pm

Original Dub wrote:
phips wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
phips wrote:while im a proponent of the 5-man midfield, im starting to think that our current issue with the system is, as others have said, the Dzeko-Aguero partnership. When Jovetic and Aguero were injured last year the Negredo-Dzeko partnership up top flourished..until Beast's form dipped.

im very inclined to see Dzeko and Jovetic play together. Aguero doesn't like passing to Dzeko.

It didn't flourish at all, it was just as bad as Dzeko/Aguero if not worse.

Aguero/Negredo was a proper partnership, they provided the perfect foil for each other and linked up very well, their instincts complimented each other.

There seems to be some promise in the Jovetic/Dzeko pairing.

i seem to remember Negredo and Dzeko banging in the goals when they played together

Was that on on New Years day?

Gobshite.

you and me bro.

You plus...me.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum