Pellegrini Press Conference

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Pellegrini Press Conference

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:58 pm

Manuel Pellegrini insists he is not worried that Manchester City are already five points adrift of Chelsea in the Premier League table.
"We are just starting out, although it is not good that we are five points behind Chelsea. But look at what happened last year - we have one point more than last year and Arsenal were maybe six points ahead of us.
"Last year we didn't win the first three games away, today we have seven from nine from away matches. The important thing is to try playing the same way we did against Hull last weekend."

Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini rejects suggestions that star midfielder Yaya Toure deserves criticism for his recent form.
"When we play well it is because the most important player in the team plays well," says the Chilean. "When we play bad it is because the whole team plays bad. It is not fair to single out one player because this team doesn't rely on one player."

Manchester City's defending has not been good enough in recent matches, admits boss Manuel Pellegrini.
"We must concentrate more on defending because we need a clean sheet. In the last three games we conceded five goals."

City boss Pellegrini says he has been impressed by sixth-placed Villa's start to the season. Paul Lambert's men have taken 10 points from their opening six matches.
"Aston Villa have special players, and the team puts us under pressure for 90 minutes so it will be difficult," he says.

Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini says he has no new injury concerns for Saturday's trip to Aston Villa.
"We have just one player injured, Samir Nasri, all other players in the squad are fit. Both Fernando and Nastasic are OK," says the Chilean. "I think Sergio Aguero is 100%."

So everyone fit apart from Nasri.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Pellegrini Pres Conference

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:00 pm

Man up Manuel. Toure's been shite for 95% of the season; you were also shit and did a poor job on Tuesday selecting the wrong team and formation.

Rectify it by winning tomorrow and no repeat of that Mickey Mouse performance at the same ground last year.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Re: Pellegrini Press Conference

Postby phips » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:21 pm

we need Fernando to start….i hope its not too quick to throw him back into the team
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:02 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Man up Manuel. Toure's been shite for 95% of the season; you were also shit and did a poor job on Tuesday selecting the wrong team and formation.

Rectify it by winning tomorrow and no repeat of that Mickey Mouse performance at the same ground last year.

Just because you think that, doesn't mean the Count has to agree with you.

I don't agree with you at all, I agree 100% with him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:06 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Man up Manuel. Toure's been shite for 95% of the season; you were also shit and did a poor job on Tuesday selecting the wrong team and formation.

You don't criticise your own players in public. Football management basics.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby lets all have a disco » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:31 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:

Correct.

Or you can call them all shit every week then maybe have a fight in front of the cameras,that's what manning up gets you.

The sack.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:31 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Correct.

Or you can call them all shit every week then maybe have a fight in front of the cameras,that's what manning up gets you.

The sack.

So you don't think he's happy with his thrice annual city quotes and waiting in vain for the Juve gig?
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Return to The Maine Football forum