Degenerate Crackhead and Lawro week 7

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Degenerate Crackhead and Lawro week 7

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:39 am

Lawro has predicted 8 out of his 10 predictions as 2-0 this week, he is a very consistent boring twat isnt he!
he is up against Ossie Ardilles this week

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29435443

Aston Villa v Man City (17:30 BST)

Aston Villa made a really good start to the season but they have come unhinged a bit with a tough run of fixtures.
They beat Liverpool at Anfield but now face the champions after losing to Arsenal and Chelsea.
Christian Benteke is back in the Villa squad after his long-term injury which will be a big boost and Villa know they beat City here at a similar stage of last season.

But, that day, they relied heavily on City shooting themselves in the foot after having all the possession and most of the chances, and they will need something similar to happen again to get the same outcome.

Manchester City midfielder James Milner
Milner has started three out of eight games for City in the Premier League and Europe this season
Milner should be City starter
With the form that Manchester City midfielder James Milner is in, I do not understand why he is not starting every game. He did well when he came on against Roma but should have been in from the start because City were being outnumbered in midfield.
Milner gives City the best of both worlds - he has an industrious side to his game in terms of working back and tackling, but he has got good quality going forward too and you can play him on the left or right.
At the moment, City's best team has got Milner in it and, in the Champions League in particular, he would always be one of my first picks.

I am backing City to win and put the disappointment of Wednesday's Champions League draw with Roma behind them.
They need to keep chipping away and picking up Premier League points too, otherwise Chelsea will get away from them at the top of the table.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2
Ossie's prediction: 1-2

Degenerate Crackhead Merson has it a little closer

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ound-seven

Man City were poor in their game against Roma and their problem is that because they are so good in the Premier League they want to play the same way in the Champions League and you can’t do that. If you say ‘you-have-a-shot-we-have-a-shot’ in European football you get into trouble and you have to show these teams more respect. Aston Villa beat Man City in this fixture last year, but I think Man City will have too much for them. Villa had a good start to the season and it’s a good job they did because they have now got a horrible run of fixtures. It’ll be tight though and Villa will cause problems.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-2
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Degenerate Crackhead and Lawro week 7

Postby nottsblue » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:22 pm

Slightly off kilter but have just read Jamie Redknapps preview. Found it on Sky sports app. I quote "Edin Dzeko rarely scores in the big games. This sort of game is where he gets his goals". WTF.

Did this utter bellend not watch the title run in? Words fail me
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:03 pm

Lawro knows what he likes and sticks with it.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Clowncrete » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:34 am

nottsblue wrote:Slightly off kilter but have just read Jamie Redknapps preview. Found it on Sky sports app. I quote "Edin Dzeko rarely scores in the big games. This sort of game is where he gets his goals". WTF.

Did this utter bellend not watch the title run in? Words fail me

He is an idiot. I loved it when Mouthrinho mocked him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtFb-ABW9gk
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Return to The Maine Football forum