Advice needed : Tickets for City vs Utd

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Advice needed : Tickets for City vs Utd

Postby PaulieIrish » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:54 am

Hi folks,

I'm a Cityzen living in Ireland, and don't have anywhere near the 750 match points needed to buy a ticket for City v Utd. Two of us booked hotels and flights months ago, not realizing that there'd be a match point requirement.

So my question: is there anywhere I can buy tickets for this game as a reasonable price (up to £100 each)?

I tried Viagogo, and found two tickets for 75 each, and tried to buy them. But I got an email from Viagogo after I thought I had bought them, saying that I do not meet the requirements put in place by the club. I'm guessing this means they check to see if I have the appropriate amount of match points.

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks,
Paul
PaulieIrish
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Re: Advice needed : Tickets for City vs Utd

Postby Chinners » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:58 am

Don't use terms like Cityzen for starters ...

There probably be loads nearer the time as our fans can't be arsed nowadays apparently
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:03 am

You'll be able to buy a full block as nobody goes,dont worry.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:06 am

Given our ground is always half empty - #emptihad - and all our fans are fickle and its never full, just turn up on the day and you'll be dragged in by a passing steward to pad out the numbers Im sure.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mark Garrett » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:25 am

PaulieIrish wrote:Hi folks,

I'm a Cityzen living in Ireland, and don't have anywhere near the 750 match points needed to buy a ticket for City v Utd. Two of us booked hotels and flights months ago, not realizing that there'd be a match point requirement.

So my question: is there anywhere I can buy tickets for this game as a reasonable price (up to £100 each)?

I tried Viagogo, and found two tickets for 75 each, and tried to buy them. But I got an email from Viagogo after I thought I had bought them, saying that I do not meet the requirements put in place by the club. I'm guessing this means they check to see if I have the appropriate amount of match points.

Thanks,
Paul

Depends how many points you have and if you are both Citycard holders. I would e-mail City and say "this is how many points we have, I realise the current ticket situation with the points etc, but if the game sells out will I be able to purchase them from Viagogo as I clearly have been to City games before, am a Citycard holder etc."
Last edited by Mark Garrett on Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:28 am

Mark Garrett wrote:
PaulieIrish wrote:Hi folks,

Thanks,
Paul

Depends how many points you have and if you are both Citycard holders. I would e-mail City and say this is how many points we have, I realise the current ticket situation with the points etc, but if the game sells out will I be able to purchase them from Viagogo as I clearly have been to City games before, am a Citycard holder etc.

thats sound advice from Mark, give that a go, otherwise it will be a waiting game. There will be a few on Viagogo leading up to the game and you should get sorted
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby PaulieIrish » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:11 pm

Thanks guys
PaulieIrish
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby PaulieIrish » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:11 pm

Not having any luck here. Viagogo still looking for 500 match day points.

Anyone selling two tickets please?????
PaulieIrish
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:30 pm

PaulieIrish wrote:Not having any luck here. Viagogo still looking for 500 match day points.

Anyone selling two tickets please?????

Alibaba?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby PaulieIrish » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:10 pm

Got an offer of tickets for 200euro, about £160 for upper tier. Seems kinda pricey to me.

What do you guys think? Anywhere I could do better please? Any chance of Viagogo reducing the loyalty point requirement so that CityBlue card holders can buy without a loyalty requirement?

Getting desperate here...
PaulieIrish
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Return to The Maine Football forum