welbeck v mario

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: welbeck v mario

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:41 pm

Mario and genius shouldn't be in the same sentence. One of THE most overrated players ever to play for City.

I've seen average players score wonder goals and take sublime touches in the championship.

Welbeck is a better player. Mario is a myth.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:02 pm

I spoke to some Liverpool fans today on this topic and they would have preferred Wellbeck (well that's what they say now)
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby dick dastardley » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:58 am

london blue 2 wrote:Mario and genius shouldn't be in the same sentence. One of THE most overrated players ever to play for City.

I've seen average players score wonder goals and take sublime touches in the championship.

Absolutely spot on
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:10 am

london blue 2 wrote:Mario and genius shouldn't be in the same sentence. One of THE most overrated players ever to play for City.

That sounds very poetic indeed.

'Mario the myth'....really like it. It sounds quite magnificent, to my mind.

However and unfortunately, it's the kind of thing that the fish-faced abomination known as Andrew Lloyd-Webber would 'pinch' from other people and then turn into a third rate stage play (with further musical ideas lifted from all over the place, other than his own imagination).
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:26 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:I mentioned on more than one occasion how much I rated Welbeck when he was still at Stretford. Nobody agreed with me and a few people slated me.

I said they were mad to let him go when they sold him to Arsenal. Nobody agreed with me and a few people took the piss.

because he is fucking shite. another overrated rag player who gets more overrated because he is english and local talent.

mario and welshite are good comparisons because of their age, transfer fee. I thought marios finishing was better but after seeing him this season his finishing has been as shite as well.

welbeck scored one goal in a season, you can't even argue that he is good. However, welbeck is better as of right now, simply because his overall game is better. He beats players all the time which is something we lack sometimes but it doesn't matter because you know the end product is going to be shit, if the guy could actually shoot, we would have lost against arsenal.

mario on the other hand doesn't do nearly half the things welbeck does and has shown awful finishing too.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum