welbeck v mario

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: welbeck v mario

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:10 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:I mentioned on more than one occasion how much I rated Welbeck when he was still at Stretford. Nobody agreed with me and a few people slated me.

I said they were mad to let him go when they sold him to Arsenal. Nobody agreed with me and a few people took the piss.

I still take the piss out of him.

It's partly due to Wellbeck being shite that Arse lost at Dortmund. If he had been competent, they would have drawn or won.

He will let them down again at some point in the next few games.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Alioune DVToure » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:16 am

nottsblue wrote:Between the two, Welbeck. Does pose more of a threat and will always track back and put a shift in for the team.

That said, there are a lot of strikers I would have before Welbeck

Whilst searching for a post of my own, I just came across this from 1st September:

nottsblue wrote:Welbeck for £16m is fuckin shocking business. Could have had Mario for that

Don't mean to be a twat, but let's at least try to be consistent!
Last edited by Alioune DVToure on Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Alioune DVToure » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:18 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:I mentioned on more than one occasion how much I rated Welbeck when he was still at Stretford. Nobody agreed with me and a few people slated me.

I said they were mad to let him go when they sold him to Arsenal. Nobody agreed with me and a few people took the piss.

It's partly due to Wellbeck being shite that Arse lost at Dortmund. If he had been competent, they would have drawn or won.

Of course he will. Every now and then his touch or his finishing is awful. But he more than makes up for this with hard graft and always getting in there.

He is also brilliant at dispossessing CBs of the ball on the edge of their area. The way he plays puts so much pressure on opposition defences.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:23 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

Mind you, according to the media, last night he scored the greatest hat-trick of all time.

That must be right, surely, because the media are never wrong and, in addition, Arsenic Whinger has been eulogising to the point of nausea about all his wonderful qualities.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:33 am

Well if Wenger manages to make him a consistent scorer, then well played to him, he has a bargain.

Perhaps he should sign Mario & sort him out & he'd have someone ten times better. But I recon we will see some different headlines re Wellbeck in the near future.

To me Wellbeck so far in his career has been an honest grafter who costs as many points as he gains. He has been that so far for Arsenal too, assisting or scoring one minute, missing or falling over the next. That isn't usually the kind of player you expect to see playing up front in a top side.

Gervinho was also signed by Wenger. Will he win the game for Roma vs Bayern, or will he fall over when clean through in the last minute & 3 team mates screaming for a pass infront of an empty net ? Could be either, 50/50.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:00 am

Gervinho, For a wide player he out scores Samir and Silva by a long way just saying....
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mark Garrett » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:29 am

I would sooner have Wellbeck.

Balotelli is more talented but ultimately Wellbeck will go further in the game as he works harder, has the right attitude, isn't selfish and actually cares about giving his all. Mario picks and chooses his games - produced some brilliant moments for us but too often a let down and no idea what Mario would turn up.

Balotelli in terms of talent reminds me a little of Robinho - both hugely talented but will never fulfill it due to poor attitude, laziness, lack of willingness to work.
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:31 am

Hazy2 wrote:Gervinho, For a wide player he out scores Samir and Silva by a long way just saying....

you prefer Gervinho to Silva? Is that what you are saying? Really? Come on stop it now......no REALLY??

Gervinho had a good game the other night, but have you forgot his Arsenal Career FFS
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:54 am

Wellbeck scored his full quota of goals for October last night.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:14 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Gervinho, For a wide player he out scores Samir and Silva by a long way just saying....

you prefer Gervinho to Silva? Is that what you are saying? Really? Come on stop it now......no REALLY??

Gervinho had a good game the other night, but have you forgot his Arsenal Career FFS

Of course I do ffs !!! , come on WW I know it has been a pisser but take a deep breath Love Silva BTW but could not finish his dinner, Samir does not score enough goals for the teams he has played for he could and should along with Silva be getting 10/15 a season.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:38 pm

mario's hold up play and passing are very underrated. when he can be bothered, he has excellent touch and awareness. he was the only player at Milan worth a shit for several months (until he got bored/frustrated/pissed up/whatever). yes, he has been dogshit for dippers but let's not pretend that welbeck (FFS WELBECK!!) has more talent.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby twosips » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:44 pm

It's not about having more talent its about who you'd rather have in your team. Nasri has more talent than milner. I'd take Milner 70% of the time though
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby nottsblue » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:32 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Between the two, Welbeck. Does pose more of a threat and will always track back and put a shift in for the team.

That said, there are a lot of strikers I would have before Welbeck

Whilst searching for a post of my own, I just came across this from 1st September:

nottsblue wrote:Welbeck for £16m is fuckin shocking business. Could have had Mario for that

Don't mean to be a twat, but let's at least try to be consistent!

Fair point. In defence Mario at Milan scored a fair number and looked half interested. At the dippers, one month in, they look to have bought a dud. He has shown nothing in the last month to even warrant a transfer fee, let alone £16m. Welbeck will never be prolific imo but my opinion in the last month on the better striker has changed. Of course Mario may go on a run of scoring for fun till Christmas and opinions will change again.

Look how peoples opinions on Edin have changed
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:51 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

I do think it's a bit tough to say Welbeck lost them the Dort game just because he missed a chance or 2.Every striker misses chances.We have Aguero who is world class and we know he misses chances. RVP was the top striker in the league last season and he missed shit loads.

Yes I know he hasn't been up there with the top finishers but maybe he will be now it seems he will get a good run in the number 9 role. 2 for England last match and now a bunch with the Arse.Judge him later in the season.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby JamieMCFC » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:07 pm

Why hasn't the media mentioned that Welbeck left the scum because he wanted to play in the Champions League and wanted to compete for trophies?
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:25 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:Why hasn't the media mentioned that Welbeck left the scum because he wanted to play in the Champions League and wanted to compete for trophies?

play in the champions league is right but compete for trophies?????
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby PrezIke » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:16 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:Why hasn't the media mentioned that Welbeck left the scum because he wanted to play in the Champions League and wanted to compete for trophies?

charity shield?
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Slim » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:20 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:

The Wenger Trophy(4th place).
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Crossie » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:20 pm

Neither and world class. Wellbeck is just in good form.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:01 pm

Slim wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

The Wenger Trophy(4th place).

"For me there are five trophies every season: Premier League, Champions League, the third is to qualify for the Champions League," Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said at the club's Annual General Meeting. "The fourth is the FA Cup and then the League Cup,"

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum