U19 v Roma live now (2pm)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

U19 v Roma live now (2pm)

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:05 pm

Live stream on the OS: https://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/EDS-news/2014/City-u19s-v-Roma-live-stream-watch-now

I missed the line-up. But found it now! CITY U19S TO FACE ROMA: Gunn, Bossaerts, Maffeo, Adarabioyo, Angelino, Bryan, Ntcham, Ambrose, Byrne, Barker, Pozo. #mcfc
i'm still trying to figure out who is who. help with their numbers would be appreciated!
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: U19 v Roma live now (2pm)

Postby BmoreBlue » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:21 pm

1 - Gunn
2 - Bossaerts
3 - Maffeo
4 - Adarabioyo
5 - Angelino
6 - Bryan
8 - Ntcham
9 - Ambrose
10 - Byrne
11 - Barker
19 - Pozo

7 - Nemane
12 - Smith-Brown
13 - Albinson
14 - Oseni
15 - Tattum
16 - Holland
17 - Celina
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:28 pm

Thank you! I have to watch it mute (i'm at work) and had no idea about Ntcham and Ambrose who is who for example.

quite enjoying this game.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby gmercer1 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:25 pm

Since we went 1-0 we have now equalised and are playing some really good stuff.
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby gmercer1 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:28 pm

What a cracking 2nd goal!
gmercer1

Postby BmoreBlue » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:59 pm

Think you saw how young but skilled the team is at this point - a few sloppy plays (thought Angelino was out of position on Roma's goal), but thought we played some really good stuff as well. That second goal was sublime, and Pozo looked like he's a class above most of the side, which you would expect. Ntcham doing his typical Yaya impression - anonymous for periods, then fantastic for the equalizer. Not sure if Ambrose usually plays out wide. Also not sure if Barker went off injured - he went off in the first half for Nemane. That Tosin lad is huge, and Gunn was really good when called upon - also looks comfortable on the ball and almost always looked to play it short out of the back.

Same score for the senior lads would do me just fine thank you.
BmoreBlue

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:56 pm

BmoreBlue wrote:Think you saw how young but skilled the team is at this point - a few sloppy plays (thought Angelino was out of position on Roma's goal), but thought we played some really good stuff as well. That second goal was sublime, and Pozo looked like he's a class above most of the side, which you would expect. Ntcham doing his typical Yaya impression - anonymous for periods, then fantastic for the equalizer. Not sure if Ambrose usually plays out wide. Also not sure if Barker went off injured - he went off in the first half for Nemane. That Tosin lad is huge, and Gunn was really good when called upon - also looks comfortable on the ball and almost always looked to play it short out of the back.

Same score for the senior lads would do me just fine thank you.

Great effort from the boys today and a really good win in the end. Pozo has great qualities in his play but then every so often will overplay and either lose a ball or fail to shoot when he should. He demonstrated that in full today but he did play a major role in both goals driving at the Roma back line and committing defenders thus making space for others.

I think you are being a bit cruel trying to stereotype Ntcham.He has had problems over the last year but recently has been finding form again today and I thought his effort was good ,typified by his strong run back in the first half to dispossess an attacker who had broken through.His shooting isn't always great but one out of the ground and one in the net will do me.

Tosin is a big lad isn't he and not a bad footballer either. I personally would give Gunn man of the match.His save in the first half was exceptional but the 2 or 3 he made in quick succession in the 2nd half were match winners. The Ambrose finish was superb and that's what he is really all about.He is not a regular wide player but gave it his best and just great that he showed what he can do when a chance comes his way.

Good to see some other City junior teams there to watch and also most of the women's team also giving their support.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby BmoreBlue » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:31 pm

didn't mean to give the lad a hard time - i do feel like he goes missing for periods, which can be frustrating when you can see him imposing his will on the entire match when he turns it on. we all know yaya can be the best player on the pitch when he's in form and motivated, which is how i feel about ntcham. i probably should keep in mind these kids are teenagers, but imo he has as much potential as anyone who played today - pozo included.

and fully agree about gunn being motm - i missed the first 30 mins or so but he took care of nearly everything. looks like he has all the tools to be in the mix for the senior squad down the road.
BmoreBlue

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:25 am

Thinking about it, I was more animated & cheered, swore at the tv screen more during this game than I did during the first team one.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby gmercer1 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:38 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Thinking about it, I was more animated & cheered, swore at the tv screen more during this game than I did during the first team one.

Yeah same here Ted, was a great game to watch, unlike the later one!
gmercer1

Return to The Maine Football forum