***city v roma official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v roma official match thread***

Postby zuricity » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:34 pm

blues2win wrote:In his post match Press Conference Pellegrini refuses to accept that he should play three in central midfield in this competition sacrificing a forward. His answer is that we passed like shit. True but we have to set up right to get the ball and keep it. Aguero did precious little after the penalty and should have gone rather than Dzeko who understandably was pissed off. Silva offers fuck all protection for Clichy who struggled anyway. Milner should have started. He didn't play brilliantly but we did improve later in the game. If Yaya is to play I want him playing further forward. I just don't see him playing effectively in a deeper role.

Yes the posts were fucking negative throughout the match, mine included, but that's because we're frustrated to see the team playing so far below their capabilities.

For that Hamburg match there were tickets available at a cheap price to make sure the ground was full. What an atmosphere but the team gave the fans something to shout about.

Yaya and David need a Massive Welly up the rse.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby sheblue » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:36 pm

I like pelligrini a lot but he has to get his act together in this competition. If he doesn't ultimately is will be his downfall.
We have the players. The squad is good enough the tactics are letting us down.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby twosips » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:37 pm

Dzeko was excellent. His attitude before the game was brilliant too. He made a point of walking over to each individual player for an embrace prior to kick-off. He was well up for it... absolutely shocked when he was taken off. Aguero should have come off, and Jovetic on for Silva, who was non-existent for 70 minutes, would not have been a bad thing either.

Yaya was a mixed bag. He's just easy to see notice when he makes mistakes cos he's yaya. There were others more culpable tonight.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:38 pm

blues2win wrote:In his post match Press Conference Pellegrini refuses to accept that he should play three in central midfield in this competition sacrificing a forward. His answer is that we passed like shit. True but we have to set up right to get the ball and keep it. Aguero did precious little after the penalty and should have gone rather than Dzeko who understandably was pissed off. Silva offers fuck all protection for Clichy who struggled anyway. Milner should have started. He didn't play brilliantly but we did improve later in the game. If Yaya is to play I want him playing further forward. I just don't see him playing effectively in a deeper role.

Yes the posts were fucking negative throughout the match, mine included, but that's because we're frustrated to see the team playing so far below their capabilities.

For that Hamburg match there were tickets available at a cheap price to make sure the ground was full. What an atmosphere but the team gave the fans something to shout about.

He is dead right; we did pass like shit. And we passed like shit v Bayern. We can do so much better on the ball & then we are not so vulnerable.

So when we're passing like shit & the other team is getting the ball & running great fucking holes through us, do we just ignore it or do we accept that we're passing like shit, & balance the fucking team in order to win the game then argue about it all tomorrow ?

What happened when he adjusted the team ? We passed it better.

Too fucking late.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby nottsblue » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:40 pm

Got to say I am more gutted after a defeat or draw in the Premier League. Much as I always want City to win it hurts more when we don't win in Prem.

Anyone else feel like this
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Spurge » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:41 pm

Yeh I though about this during the game and cast my mind back to our first premier league title winning season when we won 5-1 at white hart lane when Edin bagged 4 goals.

I remember the key analysis was not on Edin's goals but on Nasri and Silva and in particular their work rate and positional play when we didn't have the ball. Both were very disciplined in covering the full back - we must have played a similar formation that day as both Edin and Aguero played (and scored).
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:41 pm

Never play at a high tempo, and the getting out numbered again MF is plain daft. 2 up top plus Silva and an out of form Yaya is not going to cut at this level, we look like 1st year novices and not at it... Panjic was superb Btw.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:45 pm

nottsblue wrote:Got to say I am more gutted after a defeat or draw in the Premier League. Much as I always want City to win it hurts more when we don't win in Prem.

Me absolutely, but what does my head in is not the result, it's the same shitty performance game after game. The City team which plays in the Champions League would not get in the top 4 of the Prem.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Cit.revenge » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:53 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:
sheblue wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:I have Felling Edin would score today if he stay , and i do not agree Roma is solid team we play bad , It s not that we fuck up against CSKA

If we didn't change it the score would have been 1-3.

No i was thinking as a lone striker he would score not to stay with two

Taking off Aguero for Milner would give us two potential hard running wide players who can tuck in & a target for them to cross to. Roma would have struggled to contain it. Then we have Lampard & Jovetic for later if needed.

It really was a no brainer.

I really start to think that some players have like almost promise that they must play like Yaya and Kun and with Kun i have no problem even do he has some week games but Yaya
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:57 pm

nottsblue wrote:Got to say I am more gutted after a defeat or draw in the Premier League. Much as I always want City to win it hurts more when we don't win in Prem.

Yes I get much more nervous for league games. Tonight felt as important as the Sheff Wed game to me. The owners have put a lot in though, and I'd like European success for them as I think it's probably top of their agenda.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:57 pm

Cit.revenge wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:
sheblue wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:I have Felling Edin would score today if he stay , and i do not agree Roma is solid team we play bad , It s not that we fuck up against CSKA

If we didn't change it the score would have been 1-3.

No i was thinking as a lone striker he would score not to stay with two

Taking off Aguero for Milner would give us two potential hard running wide players who can tuck in & a target for them to cross to. Roma would have struggled to contain it. Then we have Lampard & Jovetic for later if needed.

It really was a no brainer.

I really start to think that some players have like almost promise that they must play like Yaya and Kun and with Kun i have no problem even do he has some week games but Yaya

Well fucking said.... How was Jayko in your opinion?
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Cit.revenge » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:00 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Never play at a high tempo, and the getting out numbered again MF is plain daft. 2 up top plus Silva and an out of form Yaya is not going to cut at this level, we look like 1st year novices and not at it... Panjic was superb Btw.

It s Pjanic mate :D Rio Tweet he was amazing and he don't get why some PL club did not go stronger for him
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:04 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:

Yes I get much more nervous for league games. Tonight felt as important as the Sheff Wed game to me. The owners have put a lot in though, and I'd like European success for them as I think it's probably top of their agenda.

Tonight, the Count & Brian Kidd looked as anxious, later in the game, as I have ever seen them.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think they may have had the word that none qualification is a likely sacking offence. That puts a lot of pressure on the Premier League competition, as it may require winning it, to keep the Count in a job.

I hope that's not the case, because I want to see him bring young players through into his style of attacking football.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Cit.revenge » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:06 pm

He try to fill in the hole we had play some good midfielder today , strong get few free kicks pull players in game wingers mostly
Cit.revenge

Postby sheblue » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:12 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

Tonight, the Count & Brian Kidd looked as anxious, later in the game, as I have ever seen them.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think they may have had the word that none qualification is a likely sacking offence. That puts a lot of pressure on the Premier League competition, as it may require winning it, to keep the Count in a job.

I hope that's not the case, because I want to see him bring young players through into his style of attacking football.

The top brass will want us to progress and challenge for the champions league, some fans mightn't be too bothered but by fuck the big wigs will.
Domestic success and champions league failure won't be enough medium to long term. MP has to sort this out, it's hugely important for him and the club.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:27 pm

sheblue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

The top brass will want us to progress and challenge for the champions league, some fans mightn't be too bothered but by fuck the big wigs will.
Domestic success and champions league failure won't be enough medium to long term. MP has to sort this out, it's hugely important for him and the club.

These players will have failed under two totally different managers.

The likekihood is, imo, that if they fail again this season, then unless Guardiola becomes available, they will fail next season under pretty much anyone else, so sacking the Count is not the answer.

If we don't break through this year, a couple more serious signings for the key roles in the team will be needed in order to make a significant difference. These players are becoming accustomed to Champions League failure. The Count is unfortunate that Fernando is missing. Had he playerd, there's not a cat in hell's chance of Totti scoring.

Two more big talent, key players who are not tainted by failure, would imo drag the rest upto the right level & I'd like the Count to be choosing them rather than some new geezer.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:37 pm

Time for a rant.

An absolute shocker of a night; all the talk of still winning the group, how important tonight was and then we walk and out and collectively the team management and players basically pissed down their own leg.

The team selection was wrong - I sighed when I saw Milner bafflingly omitted again - and the formation was wrong. After being dominated and out passed in midfield for the first 15 mins the manager still refused to change it, and when he finally did go 5 in midfield we'd wasted 60 mins of the game and gave away the initiative.

Dzeko shouldn't have been subbed, Aguero should have. Ya Ya Toure was quite frankly abysmal - when every City fan can tell you that you cant play with a midfield 4, when 3 of the four are Toure, Navas and Silva, how on earth cant the manager see this? He sent out a daft team and formation vs Bayern exactly a year ago, got spanked and learned. A year later he's back at the same spot & had another brain fart and we've paid the price again. Roma were short of their first choice keeper, their centre back pairing and two best central midfielders and yet they still passed it round us for the first 60 mins.

We were outplayed and outcoached this evening Im afraid, that's the bare truth of it.

As for the empty seats - a couple of thoughts on that. Charging £40 and £35 is a pisstake and Im not surprised fans opted out when the games on tv anyway; in addition City in this competition is like exposing yourself to a punch in the gut. We've had 22 games in it now over 4 years and I think we've played well 4 times in it. We go in to these games on the back foot, don't apply ourselves as we do in the Premier League, very rarely actually go after teams at pace and we keep getting the same results.

Its generally accepted that you have to win your home games - in 4 seasons in this comp our first home game has been drawn, drawn, lost and drawn. An absolutely horrific record. We have too many big name players not doing it on the biggest stage, a manager who seems too stubborn to admit he's wrong and a fanbase growing tired and indifferent to the whole thing.

The club needs a rethink on pricing for the CSKA game - £15 is about right - and the Bayern one which should be in the £25 range, tops. The manager needs to do a far better job, and the expensive playing staff needs to start manning up in Europe because quite frankly its a tiresome, tedious load of repetitive bollocks at the moment.

Nights like tonight, and yet another shocking omission, are exactly why James Milner will walk at the end of the year. He seemingly has to play out of his skin to get a game and is judged on a different scale to many others.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:39 pm

Lot of points I agree with there.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:44 pm

Watching a Champions League home game on TV is a new experience for me, but I haven't felt like I have missed out on anything.

The only improvement would have been not watching it at all.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:47 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Watching a Champions League home game on TV is a new experience for me, but I haven't felt like I have missed out on anything.

The only improvement would have been not watching it at all.

At the daft prices being charged Ted, Ill be joining you next season. £40 to watch yet another bloody poor game? No thanks, Im out Im afraid. I take 2 kids to the game and simply cant afford it anymore in this comp. £45 for Bayern as well to watch them dry bum us no doubt - ohhh great fun.

The only hope is that someone with an ounce of common sense within the club recognises the cost is getting too much, and reduces the prices drastically for the final 2 home games which is what should happen in a sane world. I wont hold my breath waiting though.
Last edited by Goaters 103 on Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum