***city v roma official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***city v roma official match thread***

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:27 am

the danger came when we lost it being to clever for the 1st hour, it was a repeat of Dortmund, Napoli, Bayern, lose the ball punished. I am sure Edin would be more of a threat when a ball is whipped in. we saw how Kun reacted quickest to some head tennis last Saturday.Roma seemed to have watched the videos of our last attempts in the Champs league Counter attack and have a clever 10 like a totti, I think we are close to be out tbh, Bayern will be stronger and Roma look like they have our number, plus I hope I am wrong they will beat us away.You have to adapt even at 7.50 Pellers must have thought we are going to get a chasing here. This was a massive failure for me and one he has to accept. Villa will be 5 in MF will we go there and try to do it with 2 and 2 out wide.Plus we are getting more and more teams like Stoke happy to sit back all day if they have too and keep us coming onto them. We have the tools we are just not using them.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Clowncrete » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:44 am

Hazy2 wrote:the danger came when we lost it being to clever for the 1st hour, it was a repeat of Dortmund, Napoli, Bayern, lose the ball punished. I am sure Edin would be more of a threat when a ball is whipped in. we saw how Kun reacted quickest to some head tennis last Saturday.Roma seemed to have watched the videos of our last attempts in the Champs league Counter attack and have a clever 10 like a totti, I think we are close to be out tbh, Bayern will be stronger and Roma look like they have our number, plus I hope I am wrong they will beat us away.You have to adapt even at 7.50 Pellers must have thought we are going to get a chasing here. This was a massive failure for me and one he has to accept. Villa will be 5 in MF will we go there and try to do it with 2 and 2 out wide.Plus we are getting more and more teams like Stoke happy to sit back all day if they have too and keep us coming onto them. We have the tools we are just not using them.

We are lacking one important player. A fast winger who is willing to take players on and also track back.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:51 am

Clowncrete wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:the danger came when we lost it being to clever for the 1st hour, it was a repeat of Dortmund, Napoli, Bayern, lose the ball punished. I am sure Edin would be more of a threat when a ball is whipped in. we saw how Kun reacted quickest to some head tennis last Saturday.Roma seemed to have watched the videos of our last attempts in the Champs league Counter attack and have a clever 10 like a totti, I think we are close to be out tbh, Bayern will be stronger and Roma look like they have our number, plus I hope I am wrong they will beat us away.You have to adapt even at 7.50 Pellers must have thought we are going to get a chasing here. This was a massive failure for me and one he has to accept. Villa will be 5 in MF will we go there and try to do it with 2 and 2 out wide.Plus we are getting more and more teams like Stoke happy to sit back all day if they have too and keep us coming onto them. We have the tools we are just not using them.

We are lacking one important player. A fast winger who is willing to take players on and also track back.

Some of the academy players may fill this & one or two other important roles in the future, which is perhaps why some of our recent signings have been late 20s rather than early 20s.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:00 pm

They are reporting a crowd of 37509 last night?? It seemed a lot fuller than that to me. I can see most of the seating areas from the south stand. Did I miss something or is this bollox?
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:06 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:They are reporting a crowd of 37509 last night?? It seemed a lot fuller than that to me. I can see most of the seating areas from the south stand. Did I miss something or is this bollox?

Colin Bell 3rd tier was pretty empty, I cant see the East stand 3rd tier from 111 so dont know what that was like. Its not like the club to dumb down the figures, its usually the opposite.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:20 pm

Clowncrete wrote:

We lack a touch of in yer face arrogance, which Totti, has, Messi Zlatan, Tranny, Bale, Muller, have. The best teams have that about them when you lose a ball to them midway in your half you are in trouble, with us in the Premier fine, for some reason we look lost like last night. Even Celtic at home are more at it than we are.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:29 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:They are reporting a crowd of 37509 last night?? It seemed a lot fuller than that to me. I can see most of the seating areas from the south stand. Did I miss something or is this bollox?

Embarrassing.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:53 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Embarrassing.

Who gives a fuck?

If you want to go,go,if not who is anyone to tell you otherwise?
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Original Dub » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:41 pm

It's not as simple as that though, is it?

Why do we have less turn up than the others? I know I don't live there and only get over to a couple of games, but I'd love to know what the story is. My reply to rags etc. is always "Why do I give a fuck when I watch most of the games from my armchair? And doesn't it mean when I do go over I have a chance of a getting a seat?"

But the fact remains that the players see the empty seats and hear only the Roma fans. No matter what anyone says, fans lift players. It's a simple fact. And a large reason why playing at home is supposed to be an advantage.

It's a shame. Some of you might shrug it off, some might hate it, but either way it's a big, hairy fucking shame.
Original Dub

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:46 pm

Original Dub wrote:It's not as simple as that though, is it?

Why do we have less turn up than the others? I know I don't live there and only get over to a couple of games, but I'd love to know what the story is. My reply to rags etc. is always "Why do I give a fuck when I watch most of the games from my armchair? And doesn't it mean when I do go over I have a chance of a getting a seat?"

But the fact remains that the players see the empty seats and hear only the Roma fans. No matter what anyone says, fans lift players. It's a simple fact. And a large reason why playing at home is supposed to be an advantage.

It's a shame. Some of you might shrug it off, some might hate it, but either way it's a big, hairy fucking shame.

It's the cost, at least as far at the locals are concerned. There were people in the pub post-match with me yesterday who haven't had a pay rise in 5 or 6 years. If prices keep increasing they'll be seriously questioning going to cup matches at all.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby twosips » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:59 pm

Three or four years ago used to go games regularly. Now i cant cos of money.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Mark Garrett » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:23 pm

Is cost the main reason do people think?

£35 in modern football pricing to watch the Champions of England versus the second best team in Italy is reasonably fair value is it not?

We always seem to have up and down attendances in Europe over recent years.

Go back to 2010-11 season in the Europa League, we played Juventus (35,212), Lech Poznan (33,388) and Salzburg (37,552) and it was a £52 bundle for the 3 group matches.

Last 32 v Aris Salonika (36,748) it was £19; last 16 v Dynamo Kiev I didn't go because it was a 5/6pm ko time.

The prices won't be changing for CSKA Moscow and Bayern Munich from what the club has already issued I can't imagine
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:29 pm

Original Dub wrote:It's not as simple as that though, is it?

1) Cost. At £35 or £40 a ticket, plus kids tickets - I take 2 kids with me - it isn't exactly affordable. Throw in Seasoncard costs, parking, programme, Sky Tv fees every month and it mounts up. Im out of the Euro Cup scheme after this season as I simply can no longer foot the bill for this comp.

2) Whisper it quietly but ... the games are bloody awful;. City play shite in them, refs are naff and never let the game flow, opposition players go down at a stiff gust of wind and time waste at an elite level, City play on the back foot and rarely seem to play any half-decent stiff either.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Cit.revenge » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:49 pm

We Really need a player who can sub Yaya , when hes playing like that i would take any midfilder and put it before him , he did not exist in defense stroling around and in attack i just don't care aproch . He has hes place secure , Let say we have that Radja guy from Roma for example i would sub him for Radja after first half and we would have no need to go with one striker . Dzeko was paying price for not playing Milner for Yaya not running nothing else. Yap it was wron formation but if they give 100 % we had such a class that would not be so clear. Milner ,Yaya who defend with Dhino and Silva could make the line before defense and Mangala should play also and Dzeko and Aguero just mark CD and that was all.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:31 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... -fair-play

Fair article in the Guardian - makes some valid points
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Renato_CTID » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:45 pm

I fear our beloved Sheikh could be very angry about those empty seats yesterday night!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Blue Since 76 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:56 pm

Renato_CTID wrote:I fear our beloved Sheikh could be very angry about those empty seats yesterday night!

Since he wasn't there either, I'd suggest he winds his neck in
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:58 pm

Renato_CTID wrote:I fear our beloved Sheikh could be very angry about those empty seats yesterday night!

Then perhaps he can do something about it by looking at the reasons why.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:59 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/oct/01/manchester-city-crowd-consequence-financial-fair-play

Fair article in the Guardian - makes some valid points

Agree with virtually everything there
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:06 pm

Great article.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum