League Cup 4th Round Draw

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

League Cup 4th Round Draw

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:30 am

Bournemouth v West Brom
Fulham v Derby
Liverpool v Swansea
Man City v Newcastle
MK Dons v Sheff Utd
Shrewsbury v Chelsea
Stoke v Southampton
Tottenham v Brighton

One nice little stat for the conspiracy theorists on here..... 8 of last seasons top 10 PL teams were in the draw and only two were drawn against each other (City-Newcastle).

So we have the brown ale barcodes who have not won away against us since shearer scored the winner 14 years ago. Its a daunting task they face but they have to win sometime (please dont sack Pardew). I cant see them bringing many, they fail to sell out their 3k so there is no chance they will bring 6k fans, especially with their poor record against us and their current league form too. Lets hope Pardew throws the game to concentrate on getting out of relegation.

I predict the next round will have
West Brom
Derby
Liverpool
Man City
MK Dons
Chelsea
Southampton
Tottenham

Thats some tough ties to be had, MK DONS please :-)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: League Cup 4th Round Draw

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:51 am

Not sure I would like MK Dons....after all, they overcame the odds to beat the best team in the world in 2nd round.

We stand no chance against them......

I'd take West Brom, Derby or MK Dons though....Would love a Home Draw to see Joleon back at the Etihad
"If we fire our manager after just one bad season - We'll become Chelsea"
"If we think we can fix the problem by buying expensive players - We'll become City"
"If we remember the good times to entertain us during the bad times - We'll become Liverpool"

So, keep calm and do it the United way

"We invest in young players, That is what we are good at — we’re not like other clubs who can spend fortunes on proven goods. We know that Manchester City are going to pay stupid money, pay silly salaries and all that. We can’t do anything about it. We concentrate on what we can do to try to bring players in for the right reasons. We invest in those who will be with the club for a long time, who will create the character of the club, who will create excitement for our fans. We are very proud of that and we are going to continue that way" - Alex Ferguson 14th May 2012
Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City!!
My favourite player is: Alan

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:59 am

Also, I think the game vs Newcastle will be on the Wednesday of that week....Newcastle play on Sunday prior and Saturday following, so a Wednesday is the only day it makes sense for them. We play Saturday prior, and Sunday following.

Newcastle play Spurs before hand and Liverpool afterwards, whereas we play West Ham before and United afterwards. Newcastles fixtures are much tougher than ours and I think we should see a very weakened team
"If we fire our manager after just one bad season - We'll become Chelsea"
"If we think we can fix the problem by buying expensive players - We'll become City"
"If we remember the good times to entertain us during the bad times - We'll become Liverpool"

So, keep calm and do it the United way

"We invest in young players, That is what we are good at — we’re not like other clubs who can spend fortunes on proven goods. We know that Manchester City are going to pay stupid money, pay silly salaries and all that. We can’t do anything about it. We concentrate on what we can do to try to bring players in for the right reasons. We invest in those who will be with the club for a long time, who will create the character of the club, who will create excitement for our fans. We are very proud of that and we are going to continue that way" - Alex Ferguson 14th May 2012
Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City!!
My favourite player is: Alan

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:00 pm

Invisible Man Fan wrote:Also, I think the game vs Newcastle will be on the Wednesday of that week....Newcastle play on Sunday prior and Saturday following, so a Wednesday is the only day it makes sense for them. We play Saturday prior, and Sunday following.

Newcastle play Spurs before hand and Liverpool afterwards, whereas we play West Ham before and United afterwards. Newcastles fixtures are much tougher than ours and I think we should see a very weakened team

Excellent sleuthing fine sir. Agree with your summation
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:10 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Invisible Man Fan wrote:Also, I think the game vs Newcastle will be on the Wednesday of that week....Newcastle play on Sunday prior and Saturday following, so a Wednesday is the only day it makes sense for them. We play Saturday prior, and Sunday following.

What we need to see most of all is them keeping faith with Pardew until we play them.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:59 pm

toon's poor record against us is exactly what worries me. tbh they are due for a win.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:45 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Bournemouth v West Brom
Fulham v Derby
Liverpool v Swansea
Man City v Newcastle
MK Dons v Sheff Utd
Shrewsbury v Chelsea
Stoke v Southampton
Tottenham v Brighton

One nice little stat for the conspiracy theorists on here..... 8 of last seasons top 10 PL teams were in the draw and only two were drawn against each other (City-Newcastle).

So we have the brown ale barcodes who have not won away against us since shearer scored the winner 14 years ago. Its a daunting task they face but they have to win sometime (please dont sack Pardew). I cant see them bringing many, they fail to sell out their 3k so there is no chance they will bring 6k fans, especially with their poor record against us and their current league form too. Lets hope Pardew throws the game to concentrate on getting out of relegation.

West Brom
Derby
Liverpool
Man City
MK Dons
Chelsea
Southampton
Tottenham

The mighty Blades will beat MK Dons, so a Sheffield double for us?
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:59 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

bbc has it down for tue 28th...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby simon12 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:51 pm

Live on Sky 29th Oct 19:45 kick off
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:19 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Bournemouth v West Brom
Fulham v Derby
Liverpool v Swansea
Man City v Newcastle
MK Dons v Sheff Utd
Shrewsbury v Chelsea
Stoke v Southampton
Tottenham v Brighton

West Brom
Derby
Liverpool
Man City
MK Dons
Chelsea
Southampton
Tottenham

I think Stoke will go through and Spurs might be the one for surprise loss but otherwise I'd go along with that row
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:27 pm

The Scousepool v Swansea game could be interesting.

I don't think it's automatically nailed on that the Bin Dippers will progress to the next round and their failure to do so might just start to raise some doubts and questions as to whether, or not, as a manager Brendan Bodgers is 'fit for purpose' at the reins of their cursed Club.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Slim » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:12 pm

Shrewsbury v Chelsea as game of the round?

Because Liverpool v Swansea was too mainstream and Setanta are hipsters?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum