***Capital One Cup 3rd Round - City v Sheffield Wednesday***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Capital One Cup 3rd Round - City v Sheffield Wednesda

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:04 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:we will score 10 at some point this season

Take that fucking back! Everytime somebody says this we never make it. Just keep your kipper shut!

It's 11 ;-)
Last edited by Beefymcfc on Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Cit.revenge » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:04 pm

Who ????
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:38 pm

Newcastle at home then. Very winnable. Difficult to leave out Lampard v Hull now
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Blue Since 76 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:41 pm

Does that count as a game of two halves?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby patrickblue » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:44 pm

patrickblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:Can we have the Rags at home in the next round please ?

That really made me chuckle. Remember when we first became good we were really worried about drawing them?
How times change.

It made me laugh even more when I remembered they're already out.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby blues2win » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:50 pm

Pellegrini said that it was 'not impossible' that Frank might stay the whole season.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:50 pm

patrickblue wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:Can we have the Rags at home in the next round please ?

That really made me chuckle. Remember when we first became good we were really worried about drawing them?
How times change.

It made me laugh even more when I remembered they're already out.

Not only out, but humiliated in the process.....isn't football wonderful at such times ?
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:03 pm

The first half was so fucking dull, I was gutted I'd actually gone to the game.

Pushing Lampard forward was a other masterstroke by the Count. Has he ever played a role as committed to attack as that ? He dropped back later but he was almost like 2nd striker for a while & the lack of defensive duty seemed to liberate him. And he looked like be was really loving every minute of it.

Looked fitter than for years.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby littlebig » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:18 pm

Dameerto wrote:Don't forget "The League Cup Show" if you have access to the BBC, at 11.05pm tonight. They're gonna have to extend the show for our goals.

Cheers for the heads up, missed it due to travel, looking forward to this, pants around the ankles
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:19 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:The first half was so fucking dull, I was gutted I'd actually gone to the game.

Pushing Lampard forward was a other masterstroke by the Count. Has he ever played a role as committed to attack as that ? He dropped back later but he was almost like 2nd striker for a while & the lack of defensive duty seemed to liberate him. And he looked like be was really loving every minute of it.

Cheshire cat fucking grin..loving his football. Fun to see.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:21 pm

Ha ha ha football league show just gave an opening on almost all the games and never even mentioned us lol
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Michael Brookes » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:25 pm

Anyone know if we're due to be shown on the league show? Just thinking maybe cause bein got the rights it means they can't show it (hence no mention of us in the opening credits?)
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:28 pm

Michael Brookes wrote:Anyone know if we're due to be shown on the league show? Just thinking maybe cause bein got the rights it means they can't show it (hence no mention of us in the opening credits?)

Go to bed and press record. Set your alarm 15 mins earlier
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Michael Brookes » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:33 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Michael Brookes wrote:Anyone know if we're due to be shown on the league show? Just thinking maybe cause bein got the rights it means they can't show it (hence no mention of us in the opening credits?)

Go to bed and press record. Set your alarm 15 mins earlier

Sound advice! Although morning mike is fairly uncompromising when it comes to the "just one more snooze" decision.
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Dameerto » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:23 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:The first half was so fucking dull, I was gutted I'd actually gone to the game.

Cheers

It was noticeable how different we looked when he was our advanced midfielder. He kept swapping with Yaya in the second half. He's waaay more direct than Yaya with his passing and keeping the pace of the attack going.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby charvet_wonderland » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:35 pm

Slim wrote:Oh god, that was no fucking red.

Letter of the law and all that but I felt gutted for him at the time. Don't know if Joan conveyed this adequately but that's the only time I can remember a dismissed player receiving an ovation from all 4 sides of the ground. Bit surreal.
charvet_wonderland
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester
My favourite player is: Leonard Shaun Goater

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:29 am

charvet_wonderland wrote:
Slim wrote:Oh god, that was no fucking red.

Letter of the law and all that but I felt gutted for him at the time. Don't know if Joan conveyed this adequately but that's the only time I can remember a dismissed player receiving an ovation from all 4 sides of the ground. Bit surreal.

I didn't get that....I was baffled as to why our fans gave him an ovation? I missed the challenge as my daughter was mithering me. I looked up when everyone around me jumped up.

Was it actually a foul and should have been a yellow or was it never a foul to begin with?
"If we fire our manager after just one bad season - We'll become Chelsea"
"If we think we can fix the problem by buying expensive players - We'll become City"
"If we remember the good times to entertain us during the bad times - We'll become Liverpool"

So, keep calm and do it the United way

"We invest in young players, That is what we are good at — we’re not like other clubs who can spend fortunes on proven goods. We know that Manchester City are going to pay stupid money, pay silly salaries and all that. We can’t do anything about it. We concentrate on what we can do to try to bring players in for the right reasons. We invest in those who will be with the club for a long time, who will create the character of the club, who will create excitement for our fans. We are very proud of that and we are going to continue that way" - Alex Ferguson 14th May 2012
Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City!!
My favourite player is: Alan

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:30 am

Lacklustre in the extreme in the first half, we pushed Lampard on and applied ourselves properly and the 2nd half was the result.

Thought Edin was generally under par but he still bagged two, whilst Lampard was class and Milner and Navas also shone.

Home draw is all you can ask for, on to the next one. We now need a good performance at Hull on Saturday and essential we get 3 pts.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:27 am

Dameerto wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

It was noticeable how different we looked when he was our advanced midfielder. He kept swapping with Yaya in the second half. He's waaay more direct than Yaya with his passing and keeping the pace of the attack going.

For a period, Lampard just stayed forward(ish) & Yaya/Fernadinho did the centre mid. Lampard played more in Jovetic's role & did it really well.

It's also noticable imo, that Yaya is back in business, & on the whole is closing down a lot quicker than Lampard can. Interesting though that the Count has instantly found a different role for Lampard than other managers have in the last five years. Lampard was often taking up much better potential goalscoring positions than Dzeko; much easier to get the ball into the areas Lampard went into. Usually he was nearer to the ball for a start, so you don't have to kick it as far or as accurately, to get it to him. Pity Zuculini isn't around to see him at work.

What a pity, if Lampard suddenly finds he would have been able to play in the Prem for years under a more imaginitive manager.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mike J » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:04 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

For a period, Lampard just stayed forward(ish) & Yaya/Fernadinho did the centre mid. Lampard played more in Jovetic's role & did it really well.

It's also noticable imo, that Yaya is back in business, & on the whole is closing down a lot quicker than Lampard can. Interesting though that the Count has instantly found a different role for Lampard than other managers have in the last five years. Lampard was often taking up much better potential goalscoring positions than Dzeko; much easier to get the ball into the areas Lampard went into. Usually he was nearer to the ball for a start, so you don't have to kick it as far or as accurately, to get it to him. Pity Zuculini isn't around to see him at work.

What a pity, if Lampard suddenly finds he would have been able to play in the Prem for years under a more imaginitive manager.

and that superb goal tally of his could of been a whole lot more.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum