Silver anniversary

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Silver anniversary

Postby nottsblue » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:05 pm

Oldfield two
Morley one
Bishop, Hinchcliffe
That's 5-1

I know its a long time ago, but boy, what a day. Newly promoted underdogs against the most expensively assembled team in top flight history. Not beaten the rags in donkeys years. Not given so much as a prayer by all and sundry.

All that was forgotten as we annihilated the rags. One of, if not, my favourite game. Was wondering what other fans favourite moments were. Loved the rags fucking off after an hour and not re-appearing for about two weeks. Great line of commentary from Tyldesley as well. "Bishop to White. First time cross to Hinchcliffe at the back post. Oh thats just marvellous stuff"

beatings like that almost seem commonplace now, but at the time the impact was seismic
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Silver anniversary

Postby RodneyRodney » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:06 pm

nottsblue wrote:
I know its a long time ago, but boy, what a day. Newly promoted underdogs against the most expensively assembled team in top flight history. Not beaten the rags in donkeys years. Not given so much as a prayer by all and sundry.

Sunday wasn't that long ago.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby john@staustell » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:39 pm

To be honest it's paled a bit now it has been surpassed and is a regular event.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby ruralblue » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:41 pm

Happy Anniversary David the Magician!:
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby michaelcityfan » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:52 am

Just to mention the 1-6 at the swamp I was in heaven that day.
michaelcityfan
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:37 am

nottsblue wrote:Oldfield two
Morley one
Bishop, Hinchcliffe
That's 5-1

All that was forgotten as we annihilated the rags. One of, if not, my favourite game. Was wondering what other fans favourite moments were. Loved the rags fucking off after an hour and not re-appearing for about two weeks. Great line of commentary from Tyldesley as well. "Bishop to White. First time cross to Hinchcliffe at the back post. Oh thats just marvellous stuff"

beatings like that almost seem commonplace now, but at the time the impact was seismic

There was a hand painted banner held up in block 110 at the game last night about the 25yr anniversary but i was behind it in 111 and couldnt read it properly. So no idea what it actually said
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Return to The Maine Football forum