Owl talk...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Owl talk...

Postby CuteMancs » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:05 pm

I wasn't going to post anything for this game, mainly because their forum is a bit all the place, with at least eight threads with City in the title. In the end though, I think some of these comments are worth sharing, and I like the different view of us from the lower league.

Hope you enjoy this short view from the away end, starting as always with a team selection :)

Kirkland
Palmer Loovens Lees Mattock
May Semedo Coke Dielna Maghoma
Nuhiu

Doesnt matter who plays, we will smash em.

I'm scared.

Quite like these games were we are MASSIVE underdogs. All I hope is that we don't get smashed and it dents the players confidence going back to the league games. Let's get a draw and being them back to our place.

I'd like to see us test our first eleven against City. I think we'd give them a good game. It's not as if we have such a log jam of fixtures that we need to rest players.

Hope Yaya does play, he looks like he doesn't want to play for City so far this season. He's been garbage.

Yes. City seem to have forgotten where they came from and are punching well above their weight. Can't wait until we can put little clubs like this back on their place.

If wigan can beat em twice...We can!

I wouldn't be worried if I was on the bench either. I'd be shiiting it if I thought I'd be starting and marking Navas.

Laughable how little the top end premiership team fans know about teams in the championship.

Dont think it will be as heavy a defeat as some people expect. Probably 5 or 6 nil

4-0 City

The way we are closing teams down and not allowing them to play I don't see why we can't give Man City an upset. It is a longshot don't get me wrong. They have a few world class players and it might be just a stretch too far. Our lack of goals this season too will also have an impact and I think if we are going to score it will be from a set piece.

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Owl talk...

Postby Dameerto » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:43 pm

Back to the fifties for me then, huddled round the 'wireless' hoping for a win.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:42 pm

Dameerto wrote:Back to the fifties for me then, huddled round the 'wireless' hoping for a win.

Or buying a copy of the 'Pink-un' from the newspaper seller in the street, at Saturday tea-time, to see all the scores and avidly read the reports.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:55 pm

Reading Pellers Presser. He knows they are on a good run I think we will see a good game .they will be up for it and so will we .3-1 City . Come on you BLUES
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby nottsblue » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:19 pm

Owl talk?

Too whit, too whoo
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:25 pm

nottsblue wrote:Owl talk?

Too whit, too whoo

What a hoot.

Although Sheffield United supporters call Wednesday 'the pigs'.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:19 pm

Quite like them big crowd, will bring thousands and create a lot of noise 10 - 0
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:26 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Quite like them big crowd, will bring thousands and create a lot of noise 10 - 0

Unfortunately they will probably bring their so-called 'band' too.

I remember one league game when they were on the verge of relegation and came with the band and our crowd shouted it down by singing variations on 'going down' to every song they played until they gave up. I doubt a similar thing will happen tomorrow with such a big away following and our singing crowd all split up.
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby Spurge » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:58 pm

CuteMancs wrote:Quite like these games were we are MASSIVE underdogs. All I hope is that we don't get smashed and it dents the players confidence going back to the league games. Let's get a draw and being them back to our place.

That's the one scenario that simply can't happen
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby ruralblue » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:10 pm

Spurge wrote:
CuteMancs wrote:Quite like these games were we are MASSIVE underdogs. All I hope is that we don't get smashed and it dents the players confidence going back to the league games. Let's get a draw and being them back to our place.

This is probably to be the scenario what does happen!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:04 pm

ruralblue wrote:
Spurge wrote:

He means it will be settled by ET and pens tomorrow; no replays.
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby Spurge » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:36 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
ruralblue wrote:
Spurge wrote:

Indeed
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:42 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
ruralblue wrote:
Spurge wrote:

ET? thought he went home?
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby ruralblue » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:04 am

Ah yeah sorry. Just assumed it went to away tie on a draw. Heads a bit fooked I shall remain seated it shall pass.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Dameerto » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:44 am

Bianchi on Ice wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
ruralblue wrote:
Spurge wrote:

ET? thought he went home?

Don't worry, if Dyke has his way he wont get a permit.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:07 pm

Yes. City seem to have forgotten where they came from and are punching well above their weight. Can't wait until we can put little clubs like this back on their place.

This bloke has been on Bluemoon I'd imagine. Plus Sheff Wednesday fans aren't really in a position to call us a 'little club'....clown

Anyway....COME ON CITY!!!!!!
"If we fire our manager after just one bad season - We'll become Chelsea"
"If we think we can fix the problem by buying expensive players - We'll become City"
"If we remember the good times to entertain us during the bad times - We'll become Liverpool"

So, keep calm and do it the United way

"We invest in young players, That is what we are good at — we’re not like other clubs who can spend fortunes on proven goods. We know that Manchester City are going to pay stupid money, pay silly salaries and all that. We can’t do anything about it. We concentrate on what we can do to try to bring players in for the right reasons. We invest in those who will be with the club for a long time, who will create the character of the club, who will create excitement for our fans. We are very proud of that and we are going to continue that way" - Alex Ferguson 14th May 2012
Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City!!
My favourite player is: Alan

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:19 pm

Invisible Man Fan wrote:

This bloke has been on Bluemoon I'd imagine. Plus Sheff Wednesday fans aren't really in a position to call us a 'little club'....clown

I worked in Sheffield and Rotherham for about 20 years up to 2003, and Wednesday always considered themselves, mostly correctly as the big club of Sheffield and the giant of South Yorkshire. Generally their fans were a decent bunch as individuals and as keen on England as Wednesday (hence the bloody band going to England games!). As a City fan though, in that era I felt more in common with Sheffield United, and all the people I keep in contact with from those days are Blades.

After some tough seasons, the Owls’ self-image will hark back to the past, probably the Ron Atkinson/Trevor Francis days when they were a lot nearer the top of the league than we were. We should cut them some slack for their delusion (but not the bloody band!).

A nice 3-0 will do for me.
Hutch's Shoulder

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:08 am

Cheers cutemancs, good read and I have made the schoolboy error of going on owlstalk this morning, they are a weird bunch aren't they, slog off the stadium, the organisation, the city fans, their own fans etc etc

All I can say is

Watch on youtube.com
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby CuteMancs » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:32 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Cheers cutemancs, good read and I have made the schoolboy error of going on owlstalk this morning, they are a weird bunch aren't they, slog off the stadium, the organisation, the city fans, their own fans etc etc

All I can say is

Watch on youtube.com

The post game comments are seriously weird, and just a little mis guided !

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Postby chef » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:53 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Invisible Man Fan wrote:

I worked in Sheffield and Rotherham for about 20 years up to 2003, and Wednesday always considered themselves, mostly correctly as the big club of Sheffield and the giant of South Yorkshire. Generally their fans were a decent bunch as individuals and as keen on England as Wednesday (hence the bloody band going to England games!). As a City fan though, in that era I felt more in common with Sheffield United, and all the people I keep in contact with from those days are Blades.

After some tough seasons, the Owls’ self-image will hark back to the past, probably the Ron Atkinson/Trevor Francis days when they were a lot nearer the top of the league than we were. We should cut them some slack for their delusion (but not the bloody band!).
A nice 3-0 will do for me.

What do u mean with the Ron Atkinson/Trevor Francis connection ?
chef
De Jong's Tackle

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum