MotM v The Unscrupulous Chav's

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Who's yours?

Hart
No votes
Zabaleta
No votes
Kompany
5%
Mangala
21%
Kolarov
No votes
Silva
No votes
Toure
No votes
Fernandinho
3%
Milner
71%
Aguero
No votes
Dzeko
No votes
Sagna
No votes
Lampard
No votes
Navas
No votes

Total votes : 80

MotM v The Unscrupulous Chav's

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:33 pm

Seems nobody really bothered this weekend but for today's performance I do believe it's worth a thread. So take you pick folks, although I do believe that SS got it very much right today. It was the 2 M's for me today, Milner and Manny, but Milner grabbed it for me with his multi-talented performance again.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: MotM v The Unscrupulous Chav's

Postby sheblue » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:39 pm

Jims the man.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Yukscore » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:42 pm

Has to be Jimmy for me too but thought Mangala had an excellent game,close call between them both.
Yukscore
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

Supporter of: Gods Own
My favourite player is: All of them,no favourites

Postby mr_nool » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:44 pm

Mr T (total) for me. Easily.
Fantastic debut by Mangala and good game from Komps as well.
And if Yaya would have put in this amount of effort against Bayern, we would have won.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:56 pm

I'm going for Vinnie; I just loved the way he bossed Costa and Co and encouraged us to come back from the goal; but no arguments with Miner, Mangala as choices. Yaya also much better today, though no where near MotM
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby ruralblue » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:59 pm

sheblue wrote:Jims the man.

I am :-)

Have gone Milner too but for his debut the Mangaler is very close.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:04 pm

It just amazes me why Milner doesn't see more game time. Played 4 different positions today, 5 if you class the LB/LM roles, yet he can't seem to get a game.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PeterParker » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:14 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:It just amazes me why Milner doesn't see more game time. Played 4 different positions today, 5 if you class the LB/LM roles, yet he can't seem to get a game.

Funny, innit? But when the Count changed and put Jimmy as a LB, the game went in our favour, almost we could have win it all.

Great squad player. Huge.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:43 pm

Milner shading Mangala. By a thread. Both had excellent games. Clearly Milner has done enough to retain his place and maybe Nasri has to now pull his finger out or he faces a spell bench warming
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:57 pm

I've gone for Mangala. He was thrown in at the deep end (so he now has first-hand experience of the systematic corruption of referees in this country) and was fucking brilliant. For those making the case for Milner, I thought he was superb and would like to see him as a regular starter given his nous, energy and veratility. It was also nice to see Yaya turn up again.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:04 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:It just amazes me why Milner doesn't see more game time. Played 4 different positions today, 5 if you class the LB/LM roles, yet he can't seem to get a game.

Funny, innit? But when the Count changed and put Jimmy as a LB, the game went in our favour, almost we could have win it all.

But he's more than just a squad player isn't he.It's not just that he can fill in all over the place it's the quality of what he does in the roles.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:29 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

But he's more than just a squad player isn't he.It's not just that he can fill in all over the place it's the quality of what he does in the roles.

Exactly that, Mr H.

However, having said that, I voted for Mangala because it was his debut and he was really thrown in at the deep end but performed wonderfully well.

I don't think it's any secret that this summer, if we couldn't have both, I would have preferred us to spend the money on another forward, rather than a centre-back.

However, on today's display, he really looks some player and if he continues in this vein, we could have a veritable colossus dominating our back line for years to come. After the Savic and Nastasic scenarios, it would seem that Mr Pellegrini certainly knows his onions with regard to defenders.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:27 pm

Milner all day and twice on a Sunday. But The Mangler was brilliant, Fernandinho excellent despite being outnumbered and Dzeko looked like he'd been on raw meat and steroids all week - wish he played with that much purpose every week.

Mainly a great team performance against a very good side
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby PrezIke » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:03 pm

i am beginning to think he will now. we want to keep him so we want him to feel important enough. he's now started a few big games for us, and has done well.

i also think last season pellegrini and the spaniards were concerned about nasri which had an effect on milner's opportunities.

nasri was coming off a horrible season and they wanted to see if he was worth keeping. our skepticism about him was i believe partially why we flirted...more like courted isco. however, nasri played well, and we may have figured if he's on top of his game, he's still more worth keeping than milner, as good as he is.

now that nasri felt loved by city after his play last season, he signs a new deal.

well, james is now the one who needs to feel loved with his contract running out.

he wants to prove his worth, and i believe our management has set up a situation where we place players in situations where they want to prove their value.

i think milner will get more chances this year, and we will not be worried about nasri off the bench or not at all (like today), if he does not perform, and while our focus may be keeping milner around with a long term deal.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Slim » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:52 pm

Quite surprised Yaya hasn't picked up at least a couple of votes, he was magnificent, easily twice the player we saw in Munich.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:01 am

Slim wrote:Quite surprised Yaya hasn't picked up at least a couple of votes, he was magnificent, easily twice the player we saw in Munich.

it was a day we would be lauding almost all of them had we made something productive in the first half, or gotten that pen shout we should've.

We should have won this match, as the performances from about 4 or 5 folks today was really impeccable.

Good signs moving forward. And i loved the Count's characterization of Chelsea as playing like a "small team"...i get that he's a little bitter, but fuck me. It made me laugh a little.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Cit.revenge » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:21 pm

Milner is in far better form then Nasri and i think he should take hes place , hes better up front in defense he was amazing MOTM
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:32 pm

Milner, again.

Maybe now he will FINALLY get that run in the team that his play warrants.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:33 pm

My 2000's post and its an honour to use it to cast my vote for Big Jimmy. He was magnificent yesterday.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby City64 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:15 pm

Welcome back Jimmy Milner .

Wiltshire ? Go fuck yourselves shite media !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum