the mangler

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: the mangler

Postby Original Dub » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:01 pm

Mangala will be one of the best defenders in the world within two years imo.

But saying kompany isn't good on the ball is crazy. I think it's one of his best attributes.
Original Dub

Postby Bluedj » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:08 pm

I think he's settling in better because his partnering MDM and not Vince imho. I think MDM has a more calming influence and manages Mangala better. As a previous poster stated, I prefer Vinny out of the team as he beds in. I was really impressed with him yesterday
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:09 pm

Original Dub wrote:Mangala will be one of the best defenders in the world within two years imo.

But saying kompany isn't good on the ball is crazy. I think it's one of his best attributes.

When he keeps passing intelligently he's fine.

He cant resist four five six ten lumps up the field to the oppo goalkeeper.

If that's Demi or Mangler, hitting a short pass to Silva instead, each occasion could mean 20 or 30 passes starting, instead of one. Then the hoof becomes a surprise ball & sometimes catches out the oppo because they aren't waiting for it.

Kompany's long passes are 90% the worst thing in football. Every now & then, one succeeds, but even then it's usually a clearence rather than an attempt to pass. He is fucking terrible at it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Slim » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:22 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Mangala will be one of the best defenders in the world within two years imo.

When he keeps passing intelligently he's fine.

He cant resist four five six ten lumps up the field to the oppo goalkeeper.

If that's Demi or Mangler, hitting a short pass to Silva instead, each occasion could mean 20 or 30 passes starting, instead of one. Then the hoof becomes a surprise ball & sometimes catches out the oppo because they aren't waiting for it.

Kompany's long passes are 90% the worst thing in football. Every now & then, one succeeds, but even then it's usually a clearence rather than an attempt to pass. He is fucking terrible at it.

You think Kompany's long passing is 90% the worst thing in football?

How much of the remaining 10% is Sepp Blatter? FFP? diving? poor refereeing? fan violence? racism? and @the_bigsam?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby phips » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:01 pm

i like the combo of MDM and Mangala more than Mangala and Vincent.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby nottsblue » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:32 pm

I like him. A lot

He seems to be able to play with a different partner, which is no mean feat. He is fast, both over 5 and 25 yards. He is strong. He has a presence at dead balls at the other end and may soon be worth 5/6 goals over a season. His passing is OK but will improve with more games. Not afraid of the ball like some of his predecessors and appears where the ball goes, which for a defender is a great attribute, (Lescott also had that ability). For a young centre back his awareness and reading of the game are very good. Often his interceptions lead to a quick counter, which is what our style is all about.

In short, he has the package and imo will be at the heart of our defence for a lot of games
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:38 pm

nottsblue wrote:I like him. A lot

He seems to be able to play with a different partner, which is no mean feat. He is fast, both over 5 and 25 yards. He is strong. He has a presence at dead balls at the other end and may soon be worth 5/6 goals over a season. His passing is OK but will improve with more games. Not afraid of the ball like some of his predecessors and appears where the ball goes, which for a defender is a great attribute, (Lescott also had that ability). For a young centre back his awareness and reading of the game are very good. Often his interceptions lead to a quick counter, which is what our style is all about.

In short, he has the package and imo will be at the heart of our defence for a lot of games

he also stays on his feet
i hope vincent takes note
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum