What does Yaya Toure actually do? - 2014/15 edition

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What does Yaya Toure actually do? - 2014/15 edition

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:08 pm

Carries our club, and always has, that's what.

Well he did a poor job during Swales, that's for sure.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby PrezIke » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:50 pm

AntMcfc wrote:What does Yaya Touré do? Carries our club, and always has, that's what. This current side is finished once Yaya leaves, the board don't have the bollocks to replace him with a genuine star like Pogba. It'll be all downhill without him.

i don't buy this for one second. what makes you think this to be accurate?

yaya is practically irreplaceable, but i suspect we've been careful with our spending the past few seasons to get into a position to make a bigger splash in the transfer market when the time comes (i.e. our books were balanced). mangala was the biggest, but the market for centre backs of his qualities and potential is small.

we also have had the issue of competing with more established english clubs like chelsea for players (hazard), where as now we would seem more attractive than before, except for those who want to live in london.

but where does pogba fit on chelsea? i guess united would take him back and they could outspend us with their way of getting around ffp regulations. yet, it seems they want bale. can't see them buying both.

i think we are likely to be well in for him this summer and/or barkley, but barkley is not on pogba's level yet.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby blues2win » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:10 pm

One thing Yaya has just done apparently is to tweet that he was rested against Burnley, not injured as Pellegrini seemed to say. Claims he's raring to go against Sunderland. A mystery that one. Since Fernando is suspended we could clearly do with him on Thursday.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby bigblue » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:18 am

Yaya wins games and fucks your wife after. Legend
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:23 am

blues2win wrote:One thing Yaya has just done apparently is to tweet that he was rested against Burnley, not injured as Pellegrini seemed to say. Claims he's raring to go against Sunderland. A mystery that one. Since Fernando is suspended we could clearly do with him on Thursday.

I said it was a load of bollocks.....fucking shit decision from Pellers.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:12 am

blues2win wrote:One thing Yaya has just done apparently is to tweet that he was rested against Burnley, not injured as Pellegrini seemed to say. Claims he's raring to go against Sunderland. A mystery that one. Since Fernando is suspended we could clearly do with him on Thursday.

He was rested to prevent risk of injury because he had a slight strain, the gutter press and the great unwashed read that to mean he was injured. Yaya's tweet was more than likely his attempt to quell the speculation that he'll miss the Sunderland game because of injury.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:35 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

He was rested to prevent risk of injury because he had a slight strain, the gutter press and the great unwashed read that to mean he was injured. Yaya's tweet was more than likely his attempt to quell the speculation that he'll miss the Sunderland game because of injury.

Well that's that then , we can all be rest assured that was the reason he didn't play as DR TIT here is in the know.

Excellent.

Any more news on the MLS regarding Frank ??????
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:39 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Well that's that then , we can all be rest assured that was the reason he didn't play as DR TIT here is in the know.

Excellent.

Use your brain for once in your life you fucking mong.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:54 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Excellent.

Is that your official diagnosis Doctor?

What would you prescribe for this malady?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:59 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Excellent.

Is that your official diagnosis Doctor?

What would you prescribe for this malady?

Cheers

Yep, that's my diagnosis.

I'd prescribe a big dose of cop on at regular intervals until symptoms no longer persist.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:44 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Excellent.

Fucking hell ,If I had to compare intelligence with you, I would have more of it leaving my ass, in the form of a clouded stinky fart than what you have upstairs.

TiT.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Spurge » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:01 pm

Pellers has said in his press conf ahead of the Sunderland game that Yaya was rested and that he is ok but there was a risk. So it seems he was rested for precautionary measures effectively.

We should have been able to have beaten Burnley at home without him to be fair to Pellers
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:38 pm

Spurge wrote:Pellers has said in his press conf ahead of the Sunderland game that Yaya was rested and that he is ok but there was a risk. So it seems he was rested for precautionary measures effectively.

We should have been able to have beaten Burnley at home without him to be fair to Pellers

More spin.

He was fine and Pellers fucked up not playing him and now we dipped out on 2 points.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:41 pm

yaya just had too much turkey and port on xmas day
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby zuricity » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:53 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Spurge wrote:Pellers has said in his press conf ahead of the Sunderland game that Yaya was rested and that he is ok but there was a risk. So it seems he was rested for precautionary measures effectively.

More spin.

He was fine and Pellers fucked up not playing him and now we dipped out on 2 points.

Just about sums it up Carl. HNY , btw.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:54 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:yaya just had too much turkey and port on xmas day

You missed out the fucking cake...that's why he didn't play....he had a paddy fit.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:55 pm

Given we were two-nil up at half-time I'd have to say that's a fair assessment.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:17 pm

Scores goals at important times in important games
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby twosips » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:22 pm

Yaya's a freak of a player. He's considerably better than Pogba and Barkley as it stands. Both are capable of the goal he scored but neither can control a game like he can.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:29 pm

Just wondering what YAYAs Tit of an agent is gonna come out with this time he goes away .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum