What does Yaya Toure actually do? - 2014/15 edition

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What does Yaya Toure actually do? - 2014/15 edition

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:45 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:
bigblue wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
Blue2 wrote:Do we really have to go through this all again? On his day our most influential player, not so far this season I know. But lets wait and see and give him a chance.

I was going to say that.

Plus his brother just died so show him some support for fucks sake!!! Isn't this what supporters are for?!

If he was that bothered, maybe he should have visited him on his death bed rather than holidaying in Qatar whilst morning about cakes.

He wasn't holidaying was he? He was at a clinic trying to regain fitness ahead of the WC with other members of the Ivory Coast squad who were also carrying injuries.

I'm not trying to excuse anything that happened but he was there because he was sent there.

Fair enough - I suppose there was nowwhere in Manchester that has facilities that would let a footballer get over an injury
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:49 pm

nowhere in manchester that he could meet up with the organisers of the qatar world cup and do some promo work
the guy is bull shit merchant
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:33 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:
If he was that bothered, maybe he should have visited him on his death bed rather than holidaying in Qatar whilst morning about cakes.

He wasn't holidaying was he? He was at a clinic trying to regain fitness ahead of the WC with other members of the Ivory Coast squad who were also carrying injuries.

I'm not trying to excuse anything that happened but he was there because he was sent there.

Fair enough - I suppose there was nowwhere in Manchester that has facilities that would let a footballer get over an injury

You'd suppose wrong then but the Ivory Coast FA sent him there so....
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby phips » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:48 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
bigblue wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:
Blue2 wrote:Do we really have to go through this all again? On his day our most influential player, not so far this season I know. But lets wait and see and give him a chance.

I was going to say that.

Plus his brother just died so show him some support for fucks sake!!! Isn't this what supporters are for?!

this ^
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:51 pm

phips wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:
bigblue wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

I was going to say that.

this ^

He reportedly spent a lot of time at his brother's bed side in Christies. Quit being so fucking crass.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby nottsblue » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:02 pm

The issue isn't really about Yayas time on the pitch. It's what he does in that time.

Yes, he has had personal problems with his family but if it affects his game , then he shouldn't play. This is down solely to Pellegrini, mind. If he thinks he is fit both physically and mentally, then if Yaya strolls around like on Wednesday, Pellegrini needs to earn his corn.

I'd give any employee time to recharge if needed but if Yaya declares himself fit, then he puts a shift in. End of. If he doesn't and it's to the detriment of the team then it very quickly turns into a problem.

For me, if selected on Sunday, he needs to pull his tripe out and show some fuckin balls
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:21 pm

most lively I saw of him all game was when he went to wank pep off at full time.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Nick (New Account) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:00 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:most lively I saw of him all game was when he went to wank pep off at full time.

This
Nick (New Account)
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Magic Dave

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:17 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:most lively I saw of him all game was when he went to wank pep off at full time.

To be fair, Pep is a good looking bloke.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:21 am

South Stand Balti wrote:

Crikey - and I always thought Guardiola was even uglier than myself.

Any solace I might have gleaned from that thought has now been completely dissipated.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Original Dub » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:38 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

Any solace I might have gleaned from that thought has now been completely dissipated.

My missus loves pep.

He must be hot because she doesn't even fancy me...
Original Dub

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:07 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:

My missus loves pep.

He must be hot because she doesn't even fancy me...

I'll never understand the workings of the female mind, but does this now mean that we poor fellows all ought to go out and have our heads shaved completely, in order to become 'hot' ??

Mmmm....I feel that's a revolutionary step too far, so I don't think I'll bother.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Lee_R » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:00 pm

He'll score 2 today.. just you wait and see.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:25 pm

Can't help but think we are lucky to have Yaya. Remember Jamie Pollock.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby bigblue » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:17 pm

blues2win wrote:Pellegrini expected Yaya to play deep and help protect the back four along with Fernandinho. By any standards he utterly failed to do that job and did precious little going forward. If we insist on playing two in central midfield against the better teams with Yaya as one of them it's suicide. If Pellegrini sets up like that against Chelsea I'll despair. Milner has to start in the centre.

I think this is the biggest misconception about Yaya's role in the team. I've said this all before, but his main role is not to guard the back 4 as a traditional DM does. He is a deep lying playmaker, who is fed the ball as soon as we win it back to start the new attack. He is great is posession, has an incredible passing range, and can dribble past a few people no problem. He sets the rhythm for our play and enables everyone around him.

He is basically an attacking player positioned further back on the pitch (like a point guard in backetball). And why sould all of your best attackers be pushed all the way up the pitch when most attacks start from the goalie/defense.

His work without the ball is obviously 2nd to his work with the ball. Why do you think he is consistently one of the first names on the team sheet for years under 2 different managers? Because he brings more to the team than almost anyone else out there. ONCE AGAIN, how about we appreciate the talent we have here, instead of criticising players when you don't even understand their role...
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby Clowncrete » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:48 pm

bigblue wrote:
blues2win wrote:Pellegrini expected Yaya to play deep and help protect the back four along with Fernandinho. By any standards he utterly failed to do that job and did precious little going forward. If we insist on playing two in central midfield against the better teams with Yaya as one of them it's suicide. If Pellegrini sets up like that against Chelsea I'll despair. Milner has to start in the centre.

I think this is the biggest misconception about Yaya's role in the team. I've said this all before, but his main role is not to guard the back 4 as a traditional DM does. He is a deep lying playmaker, who is fed the ball as soon as we win it back to start the new attack. He is great is posession, has an incredible passing range, and can dribble past a few people no problem. He sets the rhythm for our play and enables everyone around him.

He is basically an attacking player positioned further back on the pitch (like a point guard in backetball). And why sould all of your best attackers be pushed all the way up the pitch when most attacks start from the goalie/defense.

His work without the ball is obviously 2nd to his work with the ball. Why do you think he is consistently one of the first names on the team sheet for years under 2 different managers? Because he brings more to the team than almost anyone else out there. ONCE AGAIN, how about we appreciate the talent we have here, instead of criticising players when you don't even understand their role...

That's fine and all when you have 2 midfielders running around and covering you like Pirlo at Juve. Not in a 4-4-2.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby bigblue » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:51 pm

Clowncrete wrote:
That's fine and all when you have 2 midfielders running around and covering you like Pirlo at Juve. Not in a 4-4-2.

Who says we are playing a 4-4-2? I don't see any evidence that Pellers sets up his teams in a traditional 442, besides the sky pre-game graphics which mean fuck all.

All the Yaya hate is disgusting and the epitome of rag like behavior.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby Nick » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:50 pm

frank did more than him.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:53 pm

Thought he had a decent game today
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby carolina-blue » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:59 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Thought he had a decent game today

So did I he will be back to his brilliant best YaYa yayaya Yayayayayaya Banks pub. (I. Thni k ) version still gives goosebumps
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum