What does Yaya Toure actually do? - 2014/15 edition

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What does Yaya Toure actually do? - 2014/15 edition

Postby shortagain » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:21 am

Doubt many really want Yaya gone, would just appreciate the same level of effort his team mates put in. Not a lot to ask for £200K per week. A fully committed Toure would be welcomed back the same way as Tevez was
shortagain
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:25 am

PeterParker wrote:Okay, we are calling for his head, but do we have a replacement lined up?

No, we have not. We sold Garcia and now Big Fernando got injured and we have only little Fernandinho available + Fat Frank who is not fit.

Keeping Yaya was a gamble here, we all knew that, but for me, our decision to sell Garcia was madness. Fuck the FFP, we are descovered in the middle and up front. This looks like a deja vu of the 2012-2013 season.

Yaya will be a gamble, but until we have nothing better to use on his position, he still is the big man for us.

Granted, we don't have an immediate 'replacement' lined up, but Yaya's increasingly geriatric performances mean that, effectively, we are now akin to only playing with ten men.

On that basis, anyone willing to put in a full shift for ninety minutes would be infinitely more preferable at the moment.

I'd be quite happy if we were able to draft in one of the youngsters instead.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:35 am

Don't we have a replacement? Or rather do we need one and what player exactly would we be replacing?

It would seem the manager uses Yaya mostly in a sitting role so he can dictate the game with his good first touch control and clever passing.Is it essential for him to play in that position or are we happy with Fernando and Fernandinho and we could also throw Milner into the frame. And ,dare I suggest it, Nasri might also be suited to a very central controlling the game role. Anyway for me I am not at all worried about the prospect of or need for replacing Yaya as I think we have the players already.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:48 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Don't we have a replacement? Or rather do we need one and what player exactly would we be replacing?

It would seem the manager uses Yaya mostly in a sitting role so he can dictate the game with his good first touch control and clever passing.Is it essential for him to play in that position or are we happy with Fernando and Fernandinho and we could also throw Milner into the frame. And ,dare I suggest it, Nasri might also be suited to a very central controlling the game role. Anyway for me I am not at all worried about the prospect of or need for replacing Yaya as I think we have the players already.

Nice post Mr H. and the suggestion re Nasri is an interesting one.

It also emphasises the fact that we are a team and we shouldn't be building a side which is over-reliant upon any one player.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:03 am

That's a very fair minded comment CCJJ and is to your credit.

However, it might also be said that if he is definitely still struggling over the loss of his brother, then playing 90 minutes of football could be a way to briefly 'forget' his cares and could be almost therapeutic in itself.

For myself, I could accept Yaya playing badly and going through a continued poor run of form to some extent, whatever the reasons, but the thing that is totally unforgiveable is being lazy and not putting any effort in, whilst on the pitch

Oh I agree. If he's still reeling from the loss of his brother and it affects his football, his as good as injured. Should not be playing, whatever reason for his seeming apathy.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby gmercer1 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:08 pm

Maybe its time for City to show no players are bigger than the club and dump him in the reserves for the rest of his contract.
Yes we will lose a load of cash for not selling him, but would love to see us stand up and say "Fuck you Toure"
gmercer1

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

I actually thought he was ok first half in parts. When he did drive forward with the ball he looked like he could cause problems. But certainly he barely made a meaningful contribution in the second half and it was crying out for him to be substituted.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:05 pm

It's why I was so eager for us to get Ross Barkley in the summer.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:17 pm

I'll tell you what he does, he winds me up! that performance last night was unbelievable from a big game player and he needs to have along hard look at himself. there is no way he can look at that last night and think I earned my corn. The next game he plays, I hope it isnt CHELSEA, I want to see 100% effort, otherwise I will be one of the first on is case if he is wandering about like he has amnesia again.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Cit.revenge » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:22 pm

Yaya is great player we all know that but hes the worst defensive CM player in world. Silva offer more in defense then Yaya all the time and that is hes big job . And it s not about ability hes just don't wanna and that smile with Guardiola minute after game is done well that say a lot.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dameerto » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:33 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I'll tell you what he does, he winds me up! that performance last night was unbelievable from a big game player and he needs to have along hard look at himself. there is no way he can look at that last night and think I earned my corn. The next game he plays, I hope it isnt CHELSEA, I want to see 100% effort, otherwise I will be one of the first on is case if he is wandering about like he has amnesia again.

That's what is so disappointing about it, he's been such a big game player for us in the past and as far as the Chump's league goes that was probably our biggest game.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:48 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I actually thought he was ok first half in parts. When he did drive forward with the ball he looked like he could cause problems. But certainly he barely made a meaningful contribution in the second half and it was crying out for him to be substituted.

This. Whatever the reason for his second-half performance, it was obvious from about 50 minutes in that he should have been substituted, and he wasn't.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby City64 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:20 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I actually thought he was ok first half in parts. When he did drive forward with the ball he looked like he could cause problems. But certainly he barely made a meaningful contribution in the second half and it was crying out for him to be substituted.

This for me aswell . Second half he looked half arsed , was out of position many times not looking to receive the ball then in the last 10 minutes fuck knows what position he was supposed to be playing . And the cunt laughing and joking with guardiola at the end made me fucking fuming !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:22 pm

Last night was like having Rodney Marsh or Stan Bowles in centre mid. Some great touches then 10 men when you lose the ball.

It won't do.

Knikladze there would have been more effective.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Green & Blue » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:04 pm

He was completely ineffective last night bar a couple of moments that he awoke from his slumber.We all know he has games like this, sometimes he goes all game looking lost and then a moment of magic helps everyone forget how poor is overall effort was but it's just not good enough.The lack of desire from Yaya was a joke but when a player looks that bad its up to the manager to hook him, Nasri was nearly as bad and he got replaced.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby stevefromdonny » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:29 pm

is it me, but I don't think that he wants to be here now, has he had a good game for us this season, last night I could be better then him or at least put 100% in to the game, he put maybe 20% in to last night
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:37 pm

Similar to his Barca exit, he will get his way one way or another, hugs with Pep last night, name calling when he left camp nou. PSG I suggest is a matter of time. Poss with us after Pogba and or Barkley.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:31 pm

I wouldn't write him off, as most of his performances in the Champs League have been average, poor or dogshit, as well as most in the UEFA Cup but he has a lot of improving to do.

He has done this plenty in his City career though. I have given him some proper shit on here over the years & called for him to be left out at times, due to performances exactly like last night. But by the same score I have also seen him turn in some fantastic performances ln the same seasons.

The first time we ever played Bayern, his performance was almost identical, but at the time it wasn't fashionable to slate him, so few agreed with me when i pointed out how he was continually letting people like Ribery run away without trying to stop them. He was the same at Napoli, & the same v Dortmund.

It's nothing new. But we have seen yaya since all of those games, produce wonders in other games. He is what he is, sometimes a worlbeater, sometimes a sloth.

AND HE HAS NEVER, AND WILL NEVER FUCKING BE ANYWHERE NEAR TO LACING COLIN BELL'S FUCKING BOOTS, AS SOME OF YOU WERE CLAIMING LAST SEASON.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:49 pm

I guarantee if he was a Madrid player and he put in a shift like he did at Bayern and repeated it in the next extremely important league game, he woyld be fucked off quicker than you can put the icing on a cake
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:55 pm

nottsblue wrote:I guarantee if he was a Madrid player and he put in a shift like he did at Bayern and repeated it in the next extremely important league game, he woyld be fucked off quicker than you can put the icing on a cake

He won't get away with it here but the point is; he never has. He has dne this before, & people including me have moaned about it, then two weeks later, he hits a spell where suddenly he's the best player in the country, then he turns into his grandad again, then just as you want to kick his arse out of the team, he becomes the best player in the country again.

The time he gets fucked off, is when he stays like he is now, & doesn't get any better. If that happns for a period of time, the Count will drop him.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum