What does Yaya Toure actually do? - 2014/15 edition

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What does Yaya Toure actually do? - 2014/15 edition

Postby sheblue » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:14 pm

PeterParker wrote:Never thought i would say this, but why the hell did we sell Garcia?!

Garcia? No thanks.
James Milner.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby blue 68 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:23 pm

Wish he'd pull his socks up or piss off. Finding him really frustrating to watch, he's a bloody passenger.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
blue 68
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:23 pm

In a recent thread, some posters who suggested that, as Yaya might be hovering around his 'sell-by' date point in time and that it might be prudent to consider selling him whilst we still could obtain a decent return, received a good deal of criticism for this viewpoint.

One of the assertions was that Yaya was our best player.

After tonight, together with this season in general and following the saga of 'Cakegate', if there is no immediate change perceived in the Ivorian from now on, then perhaps this option ought to firmly considered as a pressing necessity forthwith.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:48 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:In a recent thread, some posters who suggested that, as Yaya might be hovering around his 'sell-by' date point in time and that it might be prudent to consider selling him whilst we still could obtain a decent return, received a good deal of criticism for this viewpoint.

After tonight, together with this season in general and following the saga of 'Cakegate', if there is no immediate change perceived in the Ivorian from now on, then perhaps this option ought to firmly considered as a pressing necessity forthwith.

Yaya was our best player last season.

Of course if he doesn't start to perform, he will be under threat of the sack. When Fernando is fit again, he is big competition, along with Fernandinho, & Jovetic is big competition for the No 10 position. Can't imagine either wouldn't have been better than Yaya tonight, in fact I'd have fancied us to win it with those two playing.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:55 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:In a recent thread, some posters who suggested that, as Yaya might be hovering around his 'sell-by' date point in time and that it might be prudent to consider selling him whilst we still could obtain a decent return, received a good deal of criticism for this viewpoint.

Yaya was our best player last season.

Of course if he doesn't start to perform, he will be under threat of the sack. When Fernando is fit again, he is big competition, along with Fernandinho, & Jovetic is big competition for the No 10 position. Can't imagine either wouldn't have been better than Yaya tonight, in fact I'd have fancied us to win it with those two playing.

We might even have had a better chance with ten men who were pulling out their tripe for one another. Utterly shocking from Yaya. I wouldn't have done much worse and I'm an unfit, big boned 40 year old. At least I'd have broke Robbens leg
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:18 pm

HAS been a great player for us.

HAS been fookin anonymous in all 4 games he's played this year plus the Community Shield.

Been a passenger so far and we missed our window to cash in and replace in the summer so we are stuck with him at least until he fooks off for 5 weeks again in January, which is growing as tiresome as his annual puking into our dressing room every summer with one bollocks story or whinge after another by that buffoon of an agent.

He owes us a few performances now to back up that reputation he has. Over to Mr Toure to prove he still has it. I'm sceptical he can do so.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:34 pm

Yaya was utterly shocking of that there is no doubt but what was our management team doing? Surely surely they could see what we could that Yaya was 100% invisible.When they brought Kolarov on it had to be for Yaya ,assively late but it had to be.To then take Navas off who had played really well and bring Silva over to the right was just baffling and sadly it might well have contributed to the goal.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dameerto » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:35 am

A telling stat from the Bayern game (according to Sky), Yaya made zero tackles in the whole 90 minutes compared to Fernie's 8, Milner came on and made 3.
We can't afford any fucking passengers in key positions - and I said it before, under Pellegrini's system central midfield is THE key position.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby phips » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:26 am

absolutely worthless today. sell him asap.

why Pellegrini won't drop him is baffling.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby xavi6 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:03 am

^^^ He was dropped only last weekend.

Hopeless against Bayern. A lot of fouls committed by the likes of Kompany and Fernandinho come immediately after the play has broken down further forward and the opposition are countering. Yaya strolling back means we're a man short in midfield each time so he is essentially a liability. Milner added a lot more effort, as you would expect, and it was no surprise to see Yaya shoved forward behind Dzeko where he could less damage defensively. Why he wasn't dragged altogether instead of Navas I don't know.

At this point I'd try get rid, we've enough in the squad to cover him until the summer and then we should go gung ho with the Negredo money, plus a bit of the budget, for someone like Pogba. Yaya isn't getting any younger and, while he has been a massive contributor over the past few seasons, his half arsed efforts are proving detrimental.

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:09 am

This is his final season at City IHHO, by performance alone he has gone, Real Madrid let greats go all the time, this will be another new thing for us get used too.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sidSmith » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:45 am

Morning after the night before, and he's still a twat.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby gmercer1 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:19 am

If I was Fernadinho I'd be having serious words with the lazy cunt. Poor lad trying to stop 3 men running at him at once, you look 20 yards further up the pitch and Yaya is....well you can't even call it jogging back towards his own goal.

I hope Kompany gave him and Nasri a serious talking too after the match las night. The most effort Tour put in was putting his arms up to hug their manager
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:21 am

Just to play Devil's Advocate: might it not be the case that he's still having a lot of grief from the death of his brother and the fact that he didn't go (or did he, I don't remember?) visit him before he died? Can fuck a man up, is all I'm saying.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby shortagain » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:26 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:Just to play Devil's Advocate: might it not be the case that he's still having a lot of grief from the death of his brother and the fact that he didn't go (or did he, I don't remember?) visit him before he died? Can fuck a man up, is all I'm saying.

FFS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shortagain
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Waz » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:25 am

I was pretty hacked off with Yaya last night. It was clear he didn't want to be there, and if that was the case, he was the one and not Navas who should have been substituted when Milner came on (and did a far better job of tackling in midfield than Yaya did.)

There's been many times last season, although his goals disguised it somewhat, that he was quite lazy and just stood around and let his other midfielders do most of the work. One or two moments of brilliance per game can easily cloud judgement (and understandably so if it does lead to a goal or a well taken free kick) but there's almost seemingly been an air of him being untouchable and that he can't be dropped or subbed during any game.

It was also telling at Arsenal on Saturday that the team played as a team, for each other, and they didn't give in at 2-1 down especially, and this was without Yaya. It was also telling just how much those who were prepared to get stuck in (Fernandinho especially) were getting good backing from the fans as well.

It may well be a case that we'll have to sell him in January if such performances continue.
Waz
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Clowncrete » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:04 am

Waz wrote:It may well be a case that we'll have to sell him in January if such performances continue.

Yes, but who will buy him?
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:09 am

Clowncrete wrote:
Waz wrote:It may well be a case that we'll have to sell him in January if such performances continue.

Yes, but who will buy him?

The rags would pay £50 million, if their summer spending is anything to go b(u)y.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:30 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:Just to play Devil's Advocate: might it not be the case that he's still having a lot of grief from the death of his brother and the fact that he didn't go (or did he, I don't remember?) visit him before he died? Can fuck a man up, is all I'm saying.

That's a very fair minded comment CCJJ and is to your credit.

However, it might also be said that if he is definitely still struggling over the loss of his brother, then playing 90 minutes of football could be a way to briefly 'forget' his cares and could be almost therapeutic in itself.

For myself, I could accept Yaya playing badly and going through a continued poor run of form to some extent, whatever the reasons, but the thing that is totally unforgiveable is being lazy and not putting any effort in, whilst on the pitch
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby PeterParker » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:14 am

Okay, we are calling for his head, but do we have a replacement lined up?

No, we have not. We sold Garcia and now Big Fernando got injured and we have only little Fernandinho available + Fat Frank who is not fit.

Keeping Yaya was a gamble here, we all knew that, but for me, our decision to sell Garcia was madness. Fuck the FFP, we are descovered in the middle and up front. This looks like a deja vu of the 2012-2013 season.

Yaya will be a gamble, but until we have nothing better to use on his position, he still is the big man for us.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum