Bayern City result!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Bayern City result!

Postby blues2win » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:31 pm

City under 19s win 1-4 in Munich. Brennan raving about Ntcham's performance. An omen for tonight?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Re: Bayern City result!

Postby dazby » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:41 pm

Wow, that's a great result.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Dameerto » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:44 pm

Good result, I'm under the impression Bayern have a decent youth team, but I know next to nothing about them.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby blues2win » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:52 pm

Angelino evidently had a fine match. Made two goals with cracking crosses and scored another. Looks a great prospect.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:02 pm

we beat them 6-0 last year. #goingbackwards
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:34 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:we beat them 6-0 last year. #goingbackwards

We beat a weakened Bayern 6 nil at home but had a real struggle against them away but managed a draw I think. Really good result today with what looked like an attacking team and approach.Still can't get my head around Maffeo playing centre back.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby blues2win » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:58 pm

Thanks Doug. Who do you like amongst that group? Daffeo Angelino Ntcham and the goalie?
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby blues2win » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:59 pm

Sorry meant Maffeo!
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:22 pm

Every one of that 11 is talented apart from, imo, Bossearts.

May not all make it, but it won't be down to lack of ability if they don't.

Barker, Poso, Ambrose= 3 potential stars. But again 'potential'. Angelino Maffeo, great tralent, Byrne (another shortarse). Keane Bryan.

Ntcham is a strange one; looks great one minute & a bit shit the next. But again, talented.

Be very very very surprised if Barker doesn't make it, but on the other hand I wouldn't be shocked if a whole bunch of them graduate & some of the loanees too. Also I expect the next group down to produce some players.

I think you will find that this team is considerably younger than the Bayern team they just stuffed.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby twosips » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:25 pm

I hate myself for saying this but Barker does have a bit of a young Giggs. Hopefully he's not as cunt-ish.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:28 pm

twosips wrote:I hate myself for saying this but Barker does have a bit of a young Giggs. Hopefully he's not as cunt-ish.

Has he got a sister-in-law ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:59 pm

The way we saw two fullbacks tonight outplay people like Silva, Nasri & yaya in the midfield area, I could imagine, if they progress to their full capabilities, Angelino & Maffeo being able to do that very same job if required one day.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:44 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Every one of that 11 is talented apart from, imo, Bossearts.

May not all make it, but it won't be down to lack of ability if they don't.

Barker, Poso, Ambrose= 3 potential stars. But again 'potential'. Angelino Maffeo, great tralent, Byrne (another shortarse). Keane Bryan.

Ntcham is a strange one; looks great one minute & a bit shit the next. But again, talented.

Be very very very surprised if Barker doesn't make it, but on the other hand I wouldn't be shocked if a whole bunch of them graduate & some of the loanees too. Also I expect the next group down to produce some players.

I think you will find that this team is considerably younger than the Bayern team they just stuffed.

Summed up pretty well Ted.I would say that over the last few years the quality of our teams at this age has got better and better both individually and collectively.

Ntcham is indeed strange but he does tend to have more ineffective games than good ones from what I have seen but he is still young and he is a powerful player. I would class Bossaerts as strange also as he has all the attributes to be a quality centre back but just messes up to often.

Barker is definitely worth watching and can be electric.It will be interesting to watch how he develops and is managed.I do think he fancies himself a little too much but the raw talent is undoubted and he has real pace. I do like both the full backs though Maffeo is the best defensively ( still confused by the center half role but maybe it's just Vieira giving him experience) but Angelino is real quality going forward and getting better defensively.Let's not forget these 2 are still very young and I would expect our management to be grooming them for the first team in time. The Sagna recruitment being just about right before Maffeo comes through.

Ambrose is a great prospect who will make it. Bryan reminds me of someone,maybe Ray Kennedy the ex Arse player! He is playing the sitting role and does it very well and with a good passing range to go with it.

I am really looking forward to see this years under 18's perform.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Return to The Maine Football forum