is Blatter on his way out?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

is Blatter on his way out?

Postby walshawblue » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:10 pm

Just heard a snippet on BBC News that Blatter is to be opposed for the president of UEFA,unfortunatly I did not hear who is opposing him .anyone have any more info ,could spell the end of the old git.
BORN TO BE BLUE
walshawblue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: is Blatter on his way out?

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:19 pm

Jihadi John.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:38 pm

walshawblue wrote:Just heard a snippet on BBC News that Blatter is to be opposed for the president of UEFA,unfortunatly I did not hear who is opposing him .anyone have any more info ,could spell the end of the old git.

He was opposed last time, but the only way he realistically could be toppled is by bribing officials of smaller associations. He knows that, and that's why he managed to catch bin Hammam bang at it last time, and why it's impossible to beat him until he is either dead or arrested.

The issue sits around his control of a discretionary 'development fund' which means he can spend a tiny amount on tiny pacific, Caribbean Islands or African and Asian countries who are happy to take what they can out of the trough, and thus getting their votes, meaning the European vote is irrelevant as he gets an unbeatable 'bang per buck' on his 'legal' bribery

I doubt blatter can be beaten until he dies or a criminal investigation bringing him down
Last edited by Im_Spartacus on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:38 pm

He's being challenged by some French fella (not Platini). Can't see it amounting to much of a challenge.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby gillie » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:08 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:He's being challenged by some French fella (not Platini). Can't see it amounting to much of a challenge.

Jerome Champagne is that French fella.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:33 am

[quote="gillie"][quote="Peter Doherty (AGAIG)"]He's being challenged by some French fella (not Platini). Can't see it amounthe bent bastards want change which is never gonna happen as the cartel divvy up Football we are stuck with 2 heads of football acting like the MAFIFA.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:51 am

gillie wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:He's being challenged by some French fella (not Platini). Can't see it amounting to much of a challenge.

Is that French for 'John Doe' ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:56 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
gillie wrote:

Is that French for 'John Doe' ?

Champagne Charlie
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:15 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:The issue sits around his control of a discretionary 'development fund' which means he can spend a tiny amount on tiny pacific, Caribbean Islands or African and Asian countries who are happy to take what they can out of the trough, and thus getting their votes, meaning the European vote is irrelevant as he gets an unbeatable 'bang per buck' on his 'legal' bribery

Herein lies the problem. 50K being given for 'development' in the Seychelles, Samoa or Vietnam will essentially win him their vote. There are 209 nations that are members of FIFA, with probably 60-70 of them in this position, and another 20-30 benefiting from the current status quo or having absolutely nothing to gain from being a part of a movement for implementing change. An opposing candidate needs to have an impossibly appealing campaign to overcome this.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:38 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:The issue sits around his control of a discretionary 'development fund' which means he can spend a tiny amount on tiny pacific, Caribbean Islands or African and Asian countries who are happy to take what they can out of the trough, and thus getting their votes, meaning the European vote is irrelevant as he gets an unbeatable 'bang per buck' on his 'legal' bribery

Herein lies the problem. 50K being given for 'development' in the Seychelles, Samoa or Vietnam will essentially win him their vote. There are 209 nations that are members of FIFA, with probably 60-70 of them in this position, and another 20-30 benefiting from the current status quo or having absolutely nothing to gain from being a part of a movement for implementing change. An opposing candidate needs to have an impossibly appealing campaign to overcome this.

when you say "impossibly appealing" you really mean some cunt has to come in with 100M in a suitcase and hand it out to these fucksticks and just take charge.

Feudal effort.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:04 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

when you say "impossibly appealing" you really mean some cunt has to come in with 100M in a suitcase and hand it out to these fucksticks and just take charge.

Feudal effort.

cheers

Essentially, yes. The development pot makes it impossible to implement a regime change within FIFA democratically - those at the top have jurisdiction over a seedy fund that is essentially reserved for legal bribes for self-preservation. The only two ways in which this could be counteracted would be by separating votes so that confederations have one vote each (after voting within a confederation), meaning the development fund would have to be focused on nations within one confederation to buy its vote, or spread the funding at the risk of winning no confederation overall, or suspend all development fund activities in the final 18 months of the term of a Presidency.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby nottsblue » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:44 pm

Blatter will be there until he dies. Hopefully it won't be long. Oh for the tenure of Sir Stanley Rous
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:33 pm

nottsblue wrote:Blatter will be there until he dies. Hopefully it won't be long. Oh for the tenure of Sir Stanley Rous

He will continue in post after death, and he will be a better leader then.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:53 pm

They will just push him out there for the cameras after he drops dead, like president Brezhnev, but Platini will be in charge.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:56 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:They will just push him out there for the cameras after he drops dead, like president Brezhnev, but Platini will be in charge.

You do mean Rumenigge will be in charge, don't you Ted?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Chopper » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:00 am

Doesnt matter who's in charge. Theyre rotten from the basement up.
Chopper
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Dolemite

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:04 am

Chopper wrote:Doesnt matter who's in charge. Theyre rotten from the basement up.

Be careful what you say. 'Majestic-12' bot is reading the forum, which I think is the name for what was formerly the G14.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:18 pm

I think Chopper probably has the right of it.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30037729

Interesting developments here.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby City64 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:16 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:I think Chopper probably has the right of it.

Absolutely ! SSN reporting Blatter and FIFA in big trouble.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby zuricity » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:40 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:I think Chopper probably has the right of it.

The thing that gets me about the interview is that the interviewer is constantly interrupting the guy . The guy rarely gets a chance to expand on his answers to the questions being asked before bei g interrupted again. Very bad interviewing skills.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Return to The Maine Football forum