The Imaginary Media Agenda

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Imaginary Media Agenda

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:53 pm

Original Dub wrote:Well, you've always got the daily mail...

Not a slanderous piece, but all connected to the latest push.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490

'But he's accepted he is unlikely to succeed Manuel Pellegrini as manager'

I see no quotes, so how could he have accepted it and if he did, who did he tell?

Next they'll be telling us that UEFA have pulled out all the stops to help us in Europe.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:01 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-review-roles-ferran-4593114

Mirror.

For a change

Would never ever buy a copy of the Mirror. An appalling publication. May as well be named rags r us

I wouldn't normally worry about anything of this nature that any of the papers print, but all the direct quotes in this article, which backs up and reinforces their ruminations, are really causing me some concern..........
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Original Dub » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:26 am

Original Dub

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:26 am

Original Dub wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manuel-pellegrini-must-start-deliver-4598546

Thanks OD for that.

By comparison to the earlier article you posted, this time there are quite a few quotes in there.

Unfortunately, to my mind they don't seem to back up or corroborate the obviously highly perceptive points that the esteemed 'journalist' is trying to make.

However, it's obvious he must be on a greater esoteric, philosophical and intellectual level than the rest of us - poor misguided and demented Plebs that we are.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:00 am

Since when did posting article links from the Mail or Mirror become some sort of de facto acceptance of journalism worthy of actual intelligent dialog or debate?

Absolutely queer. and I mean super super "odd"?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Original Dub » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:07 am

DoomMerchant wrote:Since when did posting article links from the Mail or Mirror become some sort of de facto acceptance of journalism worthy of actual intelligent dialog or debate?

Cheers

I suppose you'll know what thread to stay out of from now on then, won't you. Shame the thread title didn't warn you enough.

Stick to trying to be funny. Nothing else suits you.
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:12 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Original Dub wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manuel-pellegrini-must-start-deliver-4598546

Thanks OD for that.

By comparison to the earlier article you posted, this time there are quite a few quotes in there.

Unfortunately, to my mind they don't seem to back up or corroborate the obviously highly perceptive points that the esteemed 'journalist' is trying to make.

However, it's obvious he must be on a greater esoteric, philosophical and intellectual level than the rest of us - poor misguided and demented Plebs that we are.

The fact that people spend money to read these rags is the scariest part of it.

So is it mainly utd fans that buy them, hence the imaginary agenda??
Original Dub

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:36 am

Original Dub wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Since when did posting article links from the Mail or Mirror become some sort of de facto acceptance of journalism worthy of actual intelligent dialog or debate?

Cheers

I suppose you'll know what thread to stay out of from now on then, won't you. Shame the thread title didn't warn you enough.

Stick to ass raping Phips. It's your forte.

Call a thread anything you want...it doesn't keep the mentally challenged from turning into something else. Including you cuntlips.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Dameerto » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:11 pm

Interesting.

Cheers.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:22 pm

Dameerto wrote:Interesting.

Cheers.

I'll surrender to that one. Always.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:38 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-review-roles-ferran-4593114

Mirror.

For a change

Would never ever buy a copy of the Mirror. An appalling publication. May as well be named rags r us

City review everyone's performance at the end of every season.

The Mirror suggesting as if it has some inside info regarding any dissatisfaction with Soriano ( who is not responsible for the signings whatsoever & overseeing a fantastically successful commercial operation) or Txiki, who has every team at every level either at, or close to, the top of its league, means that their reporters have a direct line to Khaldoon or Sheikh Mansour.

BOLLOCKS.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:16 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Cheers

Stick to ass raping Phips. It's your forte.

Call a thread anything you want...it doesn't keep the mentally challenged from turning into something else. Including you cuntlips.

Cheers

Have a good look at yourself, you giddy prick.

You spent the Summer trying to be a cunt and lashing out at all and sundry.

It didn't work because you're a fucking nerd. Leave being a cunt up to those who have it in them.

As I said, stick to trying to be funny. There really is nothing else to you pal.
Original Dub

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum