Yaya contract?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Yaya contract?

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:57 pm

A quote from Vinnie in the Sunday People seems to indicate that Yaya is set to sign a new deal.

'What matters most is not that I signed. It is that David Silva, Samir Nasri and Aleksandar Kolarov did the same. Now, it’s not far off for Yaya as well.'

First I've heard of this.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Re: Yaya contract?

Postby Clowncrete » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:35 pm

I hope not. He already has 3 years left and is earning a huge amount. I don't think he would able to play 2 games a week next season and beyond, considering he already huffs and puffs through games.
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby blues2win » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:56 pm

I'd be keener if he'd retire from international football but there's no sign of that. That's him gone for 6-8 weeks in December/January and if we give him a new contract the same thing might happen in two years time. By the way Kolo Toure was on the bench for the dippers yesterday and he presumably came back from international duty at the same as Yaya. Hmmm.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:21 pm

Really? That'd be a strange one (given his age and the length of his current contract). Personally, I'm expecting him to be gone next summer.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:30 pm

no change to financial terms, 'new' deal just includes a birthday cake clause
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:35 pm

If he retires from international games then I'm happy.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:37 pm

Absolutely no need to sign a new contract, he still has 3 years on his current and to be honest has not been playing well at all so far this season.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:44 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:no change to financial terms, 'new' deal just includes a birthday cake clause

Chortle.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:57 pm

Anonymous so far. I'd not be bothered after the summer bolloxy cunty crap. If we fear he will push to leave I'd just sell the gaspy cunt.

No one player has disappointed me so much in recent years as him. At least with tevez there was an actual fight and some things to discuss with Mancini. Yayas story is 100% manufactured by himself and his camp. Why give him a new deal even if he retires from Intl footy? Not enough incentive for me.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby AG7 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:36 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:A quote from Vinnie in the Sunday People seems to indicate that Yaya is set to sign a new deal.

'What matters most is not that I signed. It is that David Silva, Samir Nasri and Aleksandar Kolarov did the same. Now, it’s not far off for Yaya as well.'

First I've heard of this.

Funny I read this exact quote after all these (Komps, Silva, Nasri and Kola) had signed extensions and he had said Dzeko ain't far off ... and then a day or two later Dzeko signing extension was announced by the club ... wonder if newspapers are picking old quotes and distorting them to try and make some news, hmmm, now they wouldn't do that, could they?
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby MilnersJaw » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:41 am

Stupid. He's nearly 32? And has 3 years left on his current deal. I can't see him repeating last season either. We should wait until next season at least.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Dunnylad » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:52 am

What if it's a new contract in line with the others? Overall increase but heavily based on bonuses - which means that it is beneficial for meeting FFP ruling. Plus it's incentivised might we see an improvement on recent performances
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:01 am

DoomMerchant wrote:Anonymous so far. I'd not be bothered after the summer bolloxy cunty crap. If we fear he will push to leave I'd just sell the gaspy cunt.

No one player has disappointed me so much in recent years as him. At least with tevez there was an actual fight and some things to discuss with Mancini. Yayas story is 100% manufactured by himself and his camp. Why give him a new deal even if he retires from Intl footy? Not enough incentive for me.

Agreed.

The only reason why a new deal would make sense if the club can somehow negotiate it to be financially more suitable deal for us. And what that would be? Would he accept lower basic salary & higher bonuses or something I don't know.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sheblue » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:25 am

DoomMerchant wrote:Anonymous so far. I'd not be bothered after the summer bolloxy cunty crap. If we fear he will push to leave I'd just sell the gaspy cunt.

For gods sake man will you stop with that nonsense.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:42 am

New contract - why? He has nearly 3 years left on the current one, is 31 years old and will be on the wane with every passing day now.

His conduct over the summer was a pisstake. His first move should be to stop wasting our time and retire from international football, but oh no he will piss off again for 5 weeks again in January amidst the crux of our season.

New contract? Id have brought Fabregas in over the summer and shipped him out to PSG. He's been a great player for us but Id wager the better days are now in the rear view mirror.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:48 am

as others have eluded to, it is surely a restructured contract to ensure we are weighting it in our favour fore the FFP books. It would be madness to think its anything else. Shrewd move IMO
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:58 am

Moonchesteri wrote:

Agreed.

The only reason why a new deal would make sense if the club can somehow negotiate it to be financially more suitable deal for us. And what that would be? Would he accept lower basic salary & higher bonuses or something I don't know.

That's exactly what it will be if there is any truth in it at all.

The recent contracts have all been done that way apparently, working on loopholes re allowed increases in the wage bill in line with ffp. We also apparently added Mancini etc to the bill in order to get it up high & are now making room by releasing the deadwood & getting all the top players on lower basic wages, so the wage bill will be much lower, and we have scope for big fuckoff future signings on big wages, without going over the wage bill limit.

Wouldn't surprise me if we have some big signings lined up to go with the increase in capacity, possibly both times it happens & possibly increased sponsorship at the same time.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:10 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:

Agreed.

That's exactly what it will be if there is any truth in it at all.

The recent contracts have all been done that way apparently, working on loopholes re allowed increases in the wage bill in line with ffp. We also apparently added Mancini etc to the bill in order to get it up high & are now making room by releasing the deadwood & getting all the top players on lower basic wages, so the wage bill will be much lower, and we have scope for big fuckoff future signings on big wages, without going over the wage bill limit.

Wouldn't surprise me if we have some big signings lined up to go with the increase in capacity, possibly both times it happens & possibly increased sponsorship at the same time.

Can't recall the outcome now, but wasn't Mancini's payoff one of the items that were flagged up when the FFP 'investigation' of our accounts was effected ??

Did we 'get away' with it ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:46 pm

Yaya will not extend IMO. PSG next season.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:07 pm

sheblue wrote:

For gods sake man will you stop with that nonsense.

the "nonsense" that is my feelings about yaya's summer tantrum? Sure...sure...i'll stop with that. Since it's so outlandish and crazy, insane shit that no one else even ever felt that way about his antics.

Amazing player. Love his contribution...hate the way he handled himself this summer before the dust had even settled on an amazing season of trophies. Cunty stuff imho. Sorry if that bothers you, but it was a slap in the face to me as a fan.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Return to The Maine Football forum