No Luck

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

No Luck

Postby City64 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:07 pm

A few mistakes today but we were fucking class . Came back yet again , the will to win is infectious throughout our squad . Yet again the officials had a huge influence on the result ........ we aren't supposed to be here be we fucking are . Although only a point I'm proud as fuck ........... MCFC forever !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: No Luck

Postby patrickblue » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:55 pm

my sentiments entirely.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:09 pm

We don't seem to get much luck when we have Clattenburg at the helm. We get our points by skill, determination and professionalism, and everything we do we seem to have to do it the hard way. I'm not sure luck is involved but apart from that, I agree.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby City64 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:39 am

Beefymcfc wrote:We don't seem to get much luck when we have Clattenburg at the helm. We get our points by skill, determination and professionalism, and everything we do we seem to have to do it the hard way. I'm not sure luck is involved but apart from that, I agree.

Absolutely Beefy . If only the ball came back to Dzeko off the inside of the post in the dying minutes instead of falling into the arms of the Arse keeper it would have been a perfect day , like I say no luck but we know what we are up against yet again .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:37 am

Beefymcfc wrote:We don't seem to get much luck when we have Clattenburg at the helm. We get our points by skill, determination and professionalism, and everything we do we seem to have to do it the hard way. I'm not sure luck is involved but apart from that, I agree.

I honestly believe that real winners, in sporting and business realms -- "team games" -- value the importance and acknowledge "luck."

You have to put yourself out there..what's the aphorism? Fortune favours the brave.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:37 am

If Clattenburg and Mason are in charge of all of title contender games we'll be lucky to get anything more than draws, especially Mason, worst ref in the league
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Original Dub » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:47 am

A known cheat.

I've been saying it for years. People who know him personally say he is a flash cunt.

The sooner he is gone the better.

Actually, why aren't refs from outside the country allowed to officiate?
Original Dub

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:52 am

A known cheat.

I've been saying it for years. People who know him personally say he is a flash cunt.

You know, I've also thought about this. In order to increase the quality of referees, why not start selecting the worlds best and offering them high enough wages so that they'll move to the UK? Why aren't referees put through the same competition as players? I just don't get it. It should be obvious to all and sundry how international competition have increased the quality of the PL, La Liga etc, why go with the same idea for refs!
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby john68 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:12 pm

Coca,

Because my friend, that would mean fairer results and they can't have that. What's the point of them having fair referees if you can't control them?

Clattenberg is an excellent referee, Yesterday he did just about everything he was supposed to do.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Blue In Bolton » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:20 pm

Personally not sure what the answer is regarding having foreign referees. For every Collina you have the utter cretin who officiated at the Champions League match last season vs Barcelona.

Having said that I suppose it is a decentsolution but only if you get the very best and most impartial officials which quite clearly we are not with the majority of the current set of match officials.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David White

Postby Original Dub » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:00 pm

john68 wrote:Coca,

Because my friend, that would mean fairer results and they can't have that. What's the point of them having fair referees if you can't control them?

Clattenberg is an excellent referee, Yesterday he did just about everything he was supposed to do.

And that's it in a nutshell.

You know, they introduced goal line technology last year. Last year.

I'm still looking for a plausible reason as to why we were denied it for 20 years or more.

I know the reason, but some don't.
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:59 pm

Original Dub wrote:
john68 wrote:Coca,

And that's it in a nutshell.

You know, they introduced goal line technology last year. Last year.

I'm still looking for a plausible reason as to why we were denied it for 20 years or more.

I know the reason, but some don't.

There are many who believe that the referee's are a control measure and we'd like to believe that by having outside ref's we'd see a fairer system but the truth is that they will go by the line that their employers tell them to, just look at the UEFA or FIFA.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:11 pm

Original Dub wrote:A known cheat.

Not had chance to watch it back on TV but at the stadium Twattenburg seemed off the scale biased - quick to give fouls and book CITY players - allowing arse players to continually foul and not pull them up - how it took so long to book an are player - well???

Then the handball - if I can see it from the other end of the pitch - well FFS - also the Wellshite push on Vinnie was as clear as could be!!- utter utter cunt
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:03 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:If Clattenburg and Mason are in charge of all of title contender games we'll be lucky to get anything more than draws, especially Mason, worst ref in the league

You've named both of the bent refs in the league. I used to think my mate was paranoid calling them the FA's 'go-to' referees. I was wrong.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Dunnylad » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:55 am

City64 wrote:

Absolutely Beefy . If only the ball came back to Dzeko off the inside of the post in the dying minutes instead of falling into the arms of the Arse keeper it would have been a perfect day , like I say no luck but we know what we are up against yet again .

What like Welbeck's shot that hit the post and ended up in Hart's arms? None of that is luck it's about poor or great finishing - the rest of this thread is also not about luck but the dubious nature of some of the officials
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:07 am

Dunnylad wrote:
City64 wrote:

What like Welbeck's shot that hit the post and ended up in Hart's arms? None of that is luck it's about poor or great finishing - the rest of this thread is also not about luck but the dubious nature of some of the officials

Thank you! Way too many puts those down to luck
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Chinners » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:24 am

Swings and roundabouts. All teams fans think they have biased refs. Clatterfuck has given us dodgy decisions before but like Pellegrini said the last two 'key' matches he's been por in our favor ... he owes us nmext time he's the ref.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby sheblue » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:30 am

Chinners wrote:Swings and roundabouts. All teams fans think they have biased refs. Clatterfuck has given us dodgy decisions before but like Pellegrini said the last two 'key' matches he's been por in our favor ... he owes us nmext time he's the ref.

exactly.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby City64 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:10 am

But Wellshit missed his chance , we should have had a clear penalty and Dzeko,s chance was deflected onto the inside of the post ......... no luck and shit Reffin in my book ! There again Clattencunt has history not giving us decisions in big games versus top 4 sides ........ No penalty given away at Cheski when little Dave clearly fouled , no penalty given at Anfield when Skirtel clearly handled and now at the Emirates ! fuck me deffo a pettern emerging there !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:11 am

City64 wrote:But Wellshit missed his chance , we should have had a clear penalty and Dzeko,s chance was deflected onto the inside of the post ......... no luck and shit Reffin in my book ! There again Clattencunt has history not giving us decisions in big games versus top 4 sides ........ No penalty given away at Cheski when little Dave clearly fouled , no penalty given at Anfield when Skirtel clearly handled and now at the Emirates ! fuck me deffo a pattern emerging there !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum