MotM v The Cheating Arsenal

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Who's yours?

Hart
1%
Zabaleta
No votes
Kompany
25%
Demichelis
3%
Clichy
3%
Navas
12%
Fernandinho
22%
Milner
19%
Fat Frank
No votes
Silva
10%
Aguero
4%
Dzeko
No votes
Nasri
No votes
Kolarov
No votes

Total votes : 68

Re: MotM v The Cheating Arsenal

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:54 am

blues2win wrote:I still think our best bet is to play Fernando Fernandinho and Yaya together in central midfield, at least against the top teams. Then you either play Aguero up front on his own which is fine if we don't play silly high balls or you play two up top, leave out Nasri and let Silva float around freely in the space between the opposition midfield and defence. For Bayern I would play Milner Fernandinho and Yaya and Aguero on his own up front. That would allow Yaya to get forward and support with Silva and Nasri doing the same. We simply can't play against Bayern with two in central midfield. It's madness.

I would like to see 3 there, just to see how (if) it works.

I think the way the Count wants to play, the front players have to work like midfielders when we lose the ball. If they do, we can get away with 2, but if they don't, the mids get overrun. Muller made the point after Bayern's chasing of us at our place, that our forwards could have been sat in deck chairs & how much more Bayern's worked to recover the ball on the day. Liverpool will have that problem with Mario compared to Suarez.

Yaya is a similar problem in midfield defensively. When we played Bayern away under Bob, he was just allowing players to run off him into our box, over and over again. So with him in a two, it's even harder.

If your two centre mids are Colin Bell & Roy K**ne, then perhaps you can get away with two v top teams, but it's difficult to find two players who can do that job, without the rest of the team covering like fuck. And our forwards can't always be relied upon to do that for a full game.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Re: MotM v The Cheating Arsenal

Postby blues2win » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:05 am

Agreed. It's not Dzeko's normal game and Aguero does it in fits and starts. Ironically the Beast was nearest to being the sort of forward who would press strongly off the ball all game. Tevez wasn't a great finisher but he was absolutely the sort of forward Pellegrini had in mind. Yaya is too old now to be a defensive midfielder AND make those wonderful surging runs. Fat Frank was the same on Saturday. Then you're down to Fernandinho on his own and a pretty good job he made of it but at times we got overrun.

Against Bayern we do have to watch Alonso who's clearly relishing the move and playing really well. You can see why Di Maria went( still the wrong decision imo) with Ronaldo and Bale but why on earth did they let go of Alonso? If Real fuck up this season no doubt Ancelotti will get the blame but Perez is the guilty man.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum