Game Officials

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Game Officials

Postby carolina-blue » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:55 pm

Match thread title should now read*** CITY v Chelsea ( or whoever ) & The Officials *** Match Thread..Fabafukingas well words fail ..
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Plain Speaking » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:35 pm

Anthony Taylor is the ref for Hull. He is from Altrincham and is a rag supporter. Lets hope we don't give him a chance to influence the game against us.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:43 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:Anthony Taylor is the ref for Hull. He is from Altrincham and is a rag supporter. Lets hope we don't give him a chance to influence the game against us.

he is a shite ref and you are quite right about him being a rag sympathiser
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:59 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:Anthony Taylor is the ref for Hull. He is from Altrincham and is a rag supporter. Lets hope we don't give him a chance to influence the game against us.

He actually pretends to be an Altrincham supporter so that he can ref rag games. Wanker of the highest order.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:08 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

He actually pretends to be an Altrincham supporter so that he can ref rag games. Wanker of the highest order.

Why can't hey just be honest. I think Dean is a Dippers or Toffees fan so doesn't get the Dipper games. If they lie about that what else can they succumb to, to further their career?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:27 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Why can't hey just be honest. I think Dean is a Dippers or Toffees fan so doesn't get the Dipper games. If they lie about that what else can they succumb to, to further their career?

The theory goes that if you don't ref rag games you don't ref the biggest games of the season and therefore don't get to the top of the profession. They'll need to re-evaluate that theory now. I guess.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:57 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

The theory goes that if you don't ref rag games you don't ref the biggest games of the season and therefore don't get to the top of the profession. They'll need to re-evaluate that theory now. I guess.

Whatever we like to think, the Rags are still the biggest pull in the PL. We're working hard to change that but I do believe that part of our pull and marketing strategy is bound with them still fighting it out.

Slowly but surely we're winning people and fans over and with time we should see the worm, as they say, start to turn.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:06 am

During the weekend, I caught some RL, Warrington v Widnes. The touch judge flagged the ref who was dealing a very serious injury to a Warrington player was about to award one decision, when still waving the flag, he went to see his ast. What is it mate, foot out of play mate here. Massive but missed by everyone, a real game changer as Widnes were to get a scrum 10 meters out, with mins to go. Clattenburg, who was miked up at Arsenal and knew full well what Wilshire had done as they are miked up was thinking fuck that, I do not need givingh him a red ! I,m the law maker here. he is making it up as he goes, and that is the biggest problem we have with refs, they have help whith decisions and Like Dean who had no flag from the liner 5 meters away decides Costa who like Ramires dived the whole game with end up getting what they wanted a red card, Tactic from a team, like Arsenal with Wilshire who does as he pleases and the refs for unknown reason do not walk to a liner and ask why the flag, In RL, they work as a team.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby nottsblue » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:33 pm

Hazy2 wrote:During the weekend, I caught some RL, Warrington v Widnes. The touch judge flagged the ref who was dealing a very serious injury to a Warrington player was about to award one decision, when still waving the flag, he went to see his ast. What is it mate, foot out of play mate here. Massive but missed by everyone, a real game changer as Widnes were to get a scrum 10 meters out, with mins to go. Clattenburg, who was miked up at Arsenal and knew full well what Wilshire had done as they are miked up was thinking fuck that, I do not need givingh him a red ! I,m the law maker here. he is making it up as he goes, and that is the biggest problem we have with refs, they have help whith decisions and Like Dean who had no flag from the liner 5 meters away decides Costa who like Ramires dived the whole game with end up getting what they wanted a red card, Tactic from a team, like Arsenal with Wilshire who does as he pleases and the refs for unknown reason do not walk to a liner and ask why the flag, In RL, they work as a team.

Very good points. Our officials could learn a lot from how RL officials go about their business
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby ayrshireblue » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:09 pm

Maybe it's time for our refs mikes to be available for broadcast as they are in rugby. The way the rugby ref states quite clearly for the mike what the infringement is for would mean that mistakes would be picked up on. I can accept human error, how many times have been positive a goal kick was a corner only to see later it was a great spot by the ref, but blatant bias and cheating by refs cannot be tolerated.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:58 pm

The hand over the mouth by refs and liner is one thing which is bollocks, blatant ignoring a raised flag is a ref not doing his job, the liner must have said next something to Clatenburg on Wilshire's kick on Glichy. Last season at Hull, Vinny was fouled and was guilty as last man ref in a flash red card gone. RL might be a sport many will think so what, they have 28 players collisions, speed of a game is incredible and they openly tell you , we are going back to an incident, football refs are taking the piss and are for me showing bias to teams, managers and scroats like Wilshire, Costa who know they hold power and dare the ref at times to take them in.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby john68 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:55 pm

Sorry Hazy Mate but have to totally disagree with you regarding the actions of RL refs. There is no difference whatsoever and in fact it is far more blatant and easy to spot.
Sky TV effectively own RL, so much so that they demand that the big teams all make the play offs. That is Sky's payday. I stopped watching Salford because I was so pissed off, year on year having to watch the honest effort of a small club being thwarted, time and time again to ensure the elite clubs succeeded.

Sound familiar?
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:52 am

john68 wrote:Sorry Hazy Mate but have to totally disagree with you regarding the actions of RL refs. There is no difference whatsoever and in fact it is far more blatant and easy to spot.
Sky TV effectively own RL, so much so that they demand that the big teams all make the play offs. That is Sky's payday. I stopped watching Salford because I was so pissed off, year on year having to watch the honest effort of a small club being thwarted, time and time again to ensure the elite clubs succeeded.

Sound familiar?

The ref gets help to make decisions John, which they take they also never covers up the mouth what is that about, or worse thinks that's Jack Wilshire what am I gonna do? tell the liner to put his fucking flag down, RL he even goes upstairs when a shade of doubt is about we hear the comments, Sky have not ruined RL Clatenburg over our last two games with him has decided Suarez is not getting sent off, Skirtl did not handle the ball along with an Arsenal player deciding he is in charge and there is fuck all you will do about it.

RL and GAA are SKY master strokes.The coverage have made it. Sorry John not having that mate. The past few weeks have shown City have had a ref or two that make up the rules, which hangs the liner out and the likes of Wenger get to cloud the issue with the press, blaming us so we all think fuck City again, if the incident was at COMS, Wishire is seeing red all day,

Changing the subject the David Morrisey series started last night BBC1 is that a true reflection of A Manchester CABBIE.....
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby john68 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:46 am

Hazy,

Important things first...I don't watch TV very often and then usually confined to sport, so cant give a definitive answer on that. I would say that I could keep plenty amused on here with the real life actualities of my job....:-)
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby john68 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:59 am

There are two sides to Sky's ownership of RL. It has undoubtedly kept the sport alive or at least at the level it is now, but there is an opposite argument that removal from terrestrial TV has also removed it from a much larger public audience.

It is also true that "he who pays the piper decides the tune" and Sky demand their pound of flesh. At the business end, they have to have the big clubs in the play offs and grand finals. That is where the money is for them. The RFL have to comply with their paymasters and duly deliver.

Perhaps the most blatant example of this was some years ago when surprisingly, Wigan were sat bottom and in danger of being relegated. The RFL made the audacious offer to pay £250,000 to a club being promoted, if they chose to stay in the lower league.
john68

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:10 pm

john68 wrote:Hazy,

Important things first...I don't watch TV very often and then usually confined to sport, so cant give a definitive answer on that. I would say that I could keep plenty amused on here with the real life actualities of my job....:-)

Watch it I am not a telly adict, just a very interesting look at Manchester and the most important people in this City along with Hairdressers !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby City64 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:49 pm

Makes no odds how the game is reffed . We are being systematically shafted by EVERY ref and HIS officials in every game so far , the exception probably being the opening game of the season at Newcastle ........... Something has happened since then and it is alarming !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:33 pm

City64 wrote:Makes no odds how the game is reffed . We are being systematically shafted by EVERY ref and HIS officials in every game so far , the exception probably being the opening game of the season at Newcastle ........... Something has happened since then and it is alarming !

I'm not even sure about the Toon game. I remember commenting in the match thread that we got an average of 1 yellow for every 2 tackles whereas the Toon got only 1 in about 10. The ref also happily stopped play when the Toon were struggling but also stopped play when we looked to be getting a bit of steam.

The job done at Newcastle was a professional one but not one that I'd say was without debate.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:15 pm

john68 wrote:There are two sides to Sky's ownership of RL. It has undoubtedly kept the sport alive or at least at the level it is now, but there is an opposite argument that removal from terrestrial TV has also removed it from a much larger public audience.

It is also true that "he who pays the piper decides the tune" and Sky demand their pound of flesh. At the business end, they have to have the big clubs in the play offs and grand finals. That is where the money is for them. The RFL have to comply with their paymasters and duly deliver.

Perhaps the most blatant example of this was some years ago when surprisingly, Wigan were sat bottom and in danger of being relegated. The RFL made the audacious offer to pay £250,000 to a club being promoted, if they chose to stay in the lower league.

I am not parti to this to be honest John, it was just an observation of a ref using his full array of tools, which football refs refuse too for reasons we a will never be aware of. I compare premier league refs to Sunday league tbh, ins and outs lads, I will deal with everything else by way of guess work to piss you all off as I get knackered and blag it..
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby john68 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:54 pm

Don't we all Hazy, don't we all. :-)
john68

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum