***official arsenal v city match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***official arsenal v city match thread***

Postby Dub City » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:45 pm

I know we made mistakes and should have killed the game off but that ref performance was disgraceful. Clear pen denied, clear free for us on aguero on their first and an arguable push on kompany as he cleared for their second. When saw Yaya out along with fernando at start would have settled for point but really feels like 2 points dropped. If Chelsea win today next week is a must win, to be 8 points behind them even after only 5 games could be a big blow.
Think Milner performed well in centre could passes astray but overall looked good.
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:45 pm

s1ty m wrote:And Lampard. Oh dear.

he was too fat to function, was so slow.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Cit.revenge » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:46 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:That game said everything for me and what we will have to deal with this season. I'm fucking fuming at that performance from the referee, basically giving us a 1 or 2 goal handicap.

And that just wasn't Clattenburg, his fucking lino's were exactly the same so that to me means that they've had their orders before the game. We've seen this before and I was hoping that it would stop the more we challenged. As always though, certain teams will always get the benefit of the PLs own vision of how the league should unfold.

FUCKING FUMING!!!

Twatenburg gave them fucking all , we have i think one free kick on there's half
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:47 pm

Dameerto wrote:If we'd have come away with nothing I would have had to go on a rampage.

Me too. There would have been no stopping me.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:48 pm

"Fern was immense" what fuckin game are you watchin, are you terminally fuckin blind? He was awful. Never got within a mile of Wiltshire. Milner is twice as strong in the tackle, quicker, better positionally and better with the ball. AND ATLAST IT WAS THERE FOR EVERYONE WITH EYES TO SEE. Great game, 4-3 to us would have been a fair result. Great display from Jesus, but why stop at the last man?Shakin like a leaf,lol
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Cit.revenge » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:49 pm

steelsnail wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:
steelsnail wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:
phips wrote:come on Dzeko =/

It was amazing save

Was a good save . But he shouldn't have had the chance to save it. I like dzeko but he should have buried it .[/quote
Common he place it geat unlucky great save now u can't blame him for great save

U can cos from where he was ,IMO , he should have buried it .

How i hate this it was going in corner keeper did brilliant save so what do u want , if he miss or shoot in him like Silva i would say fine.For me it s more problem that our keeper can't make save at all
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge

Postby phips » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:49 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:"Fern was immense" what fuckin game are you watchin, are you terminally fuckin blind? He was awful. Never got within a mile of Wiltshire. Milner is twice as strong in the tackle, quicker, better positionally and better with the ball. AND ATLAST IT WAS THERE FOR EVERYONE WITH EYES TO SEE.

what match did you watch? Fern was the best player on the pitch for both sides.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Dameerto » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:51 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:"Fern was immense" what fuckin game are you watchin, are you terminally fuckin blind? He was awful. Never got within a mile of Wiltshire. Milner is twice as strong in the tackle, quicker, better positionally and better with the ball. AND ATLAST IT WAS THERE FOR EVERYONE WITH EYES TO SEE. Great game, 4-3 to us would have been a fair result. Great display from Jesus, but why stop at the last man?Shakin like a leaf,lol

Fernandinho was one of our best performers. We'd have lost the game without him. I lost count of the number of times he came away with the ball in a one-on-one.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Cit.revenge » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:52 pm

Dameerto wrote:
getdressedmctavish wrote:"Fern was immense" what fuckin game are you watchin, are you terminally fuckin blind? He was awful. Never got within a mile of Wiltshire. Milner is twice as strong in the tackle, quicker, better positionally and better with the ball. AND ATLAST IT WAS THERE FOR EVERYONE WITH EYES TO SEE. Great game, 4-3 to us would have been a fair result. Great display from Jesus, but why stop at the last man?Shakin like a leaf,lol

Fernandinho was one of our best performers. We'd have lost the game without him. I lost count of the number of times he came away with the ball in a one-on-one.

I like Milner today
Cit.revenge

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:52 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:That game said everything for me and what we will have to deal with this season. I'm fucking fuming at that performance from the referee, basically giving us a 1 or 2 goal handicap.

And that just wasn't Clattenburg, his fucking lino's were exactly the same so that to me means that they've had their orders before the game. We've seen this before and I was hoping that it would stop the more we challenged. As always though, certain teams will always get the benefit of the PLs own vision of how the league should unfold.

FUCKING FUMING!!!
Agree with this 100%.

Also, I am very pleased with the players for the way they coped and never gave up in such conditions. Very happy with my team.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby phips » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:52 pm

Dameerto wrote:

Virtually everytime Arsenal got the box near our box he won the ball or cleared it
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby blues2win » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:53 pm

The real problem was losing to Stoke. Three points against them and a draw here would have been a great start to a season which has been seriously hampered by late arrivals from World Cup and lack of fitness of key players as a result. Fernandinho looks fit again thank goodness and apparently Jovetic and Fernando should be back for Bayern if required. A point at Munich and a win against the chavs and we'll be right back in the swing. Two big ifs of course.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:02 pm

blues2win wrote:The real problem was losing to Stoke. Three points against them and a draw here would have been a great start to a season which has been seriously hampered by late arrivals from World Cup and lack of fitness of key players as a result. Fernandinho looks fit again thank goodness and apparently Jovetic and Fernando should be back for Bayern if required. A point at Munich and a win against the chavs and we'll be right back in the swing. Two big ifs of course.

I thought Jovetic was a week away and Fernsndo 2 weeks away. Is that not what MP said yesterday? Has there been an update?
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:07 pm

phips wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

Virtually everytime Arsenal got the box near our box he won the ball or cleared it

He did but some of his distribution was stupid & unecessary at times, although all were guilty of that including Silva, who set up Danny Banjo for a goal.

But he rescued quite a few dire situations & when you consider he did 45 mins next to a ring rusty Fat Frank, outnumbered in a two man midfield, when being very short of match practice himself, it has to be a fucking good effort.

I want to see how we look with 3 in there at some point. I recon an extra man could have destroyed Arsenal.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blues2win » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:18 pm

Sorry I misread the injury situation. I think Pellegrini said Jovetic could be back next week so I suppose might be available for Bayern but probably more likely Chelsea and as you say Fernando week after next. Apologies.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby blues2win » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:21 pm

Pellegrini furious with ref. Says he took off Aguero because he was sure Clattenburg would send him off. Quite right too. Ref cost us a point against Stoke when Yaya was caught and two points today; two shoves and a penalty for handball not given. Shocking.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:59 pm

s1ty m wrote:Silva and Dzeko should have both scored, no doubt. Clattenburg was shameful, as per usual. Nasri, no thanks, if he cant be arsed...Hart fro the first goal sat down. Sat down! Kompany, Navas and Fernandinho stood out.

Pretty much it..altho you can't mention company Kompany...fucking autocorrect... without mentioning that MDM was our best CB. Navas was iffy for me in spots. He had so many chances with the ball and he's just not "that" good at it. His pace tho was a real difference maker. Fern first half was shit tho so for all his 2nd half work he still was a slight letdown at times. He came into it tho which bodes well.

Jayko....well that's how you earn the nickname BozSpaz.

Hart's distro got better but that first goal was again nearly enough for me to want to see what big willy can do. Everyone makes mistakes but he's just not seeming to be able to push on to that next level. He needs to stop that shot and distribute the ball consistently well if he wants to be considered one of the best in the world. Cuz right now he's just a very good but not great keeper and a team like ours demands a great one.

Clichy did really well I thought. Won a ton in the air and put himself out there.

Silva for all his beauty just has no patience to score that goal. A bummer.

All in all a point away down 2-1 with that refereeing display is pretty damn good tho.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby blues2win » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:06 pm

If Kolarov delivers like that he should be taking more corners says City Watch. Fair point when Silva and Nasri keep hitting the first man.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Goaters 103 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:49 pm

Couldve lost but ultimately should've won. Once again that twit of a referee directly influenced the game - it a foul on Aguero for the 1st goal, with Agueros error being honesty and trying to stay on his feet; for the 2nd goal Welbeck blatantly impedes Kompany and in no way attempts to play the ball or anything near the ball, which effects Kompanys clearance distance and leads directly to the goal. Wilshere's handball - alongside the recent blatant ones by Skrtel and Crouch against us - completed Clattenburg's hat-trick. They don't call them lucky Arsenal for nothing.

First half we were overrun in cent midfield with Lampard an aging passenger, and then with 15 mins to go we rallied magnificently against the injustices against us and should've won it.

Milner immense, Navas a livewire though it was puzzling why he wouldn't take on Monreal when the slow footed Arse full-back was on a yellow card, Silva a spark and at the back Kompany and Clichy excelled I thought.

A good result which would've been a great one had we done the necessary vs Stoke. Leicesters result today highlighted what a joke that was 2 weeks ago. Must-win with Chelsea next week - win that and we are where we need to be.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby johnny99 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:49 pm

Man of the match
Cuntenberg if arsenal can field him every week they have a great chance of winning the premier league
johnny99
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum