Degenerate Crackhead and Lawro week 4

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Degenerate Crackhead and Lawro week 4

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:30 am

Lawro doesnt think we will win this week, he has us down for a score draw 1-1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29163212

I'm presuming new £16m forward signing Danny Welbeck will feature for Arsenal.
A lot of people think he's been pinched from Manchester United - it was an outstanding piece of business by the Gunners. You've almost got three strikers in one with him.
My only question mark is that he tends to need a lot of chances to get a goal, but that will improve under the management of Arsene Wenger.
Regarding the match, Arsenal went to Manchester City last season and took them on, although they did lose 6-3. The difference here is that they are at home and have better squad options.
The key to a better placing for Arsenal this season will be taking more points off the top teams - starting with City.
Manuel Pellegrini's side surprised me in this transfer window by letting Spaniard Alvaro Negredo go. Fellow striker Sergio Aguero's injury record hasn't been great over the last year, while Edin Dzeko is a streaky scorer.
But they'll have enough in their artillery to return with a point.
Lawro's prediction: 1-1

Well Merson isnt very complimentary this week because we are playing his beloved Arsenal, he says we will lose 2-1

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... round-four

Danny Welbeck ticks all the boxes for Arsenal and is exactly what Arsene Wenger wants – £16million for an England international who has already played for a big club is great value. He’s just scored two goals for his country in midweek and that makes things even better. I would say he needs to play as a centre-forward and I just hope the manager isn’t stubborn and plays Alexis Sanchez ahead of him because I think he can definitely make Arsenal a better team. I honestly think they will beat Man City on Saturday. You see complacency in Man City (why else do they lose to teams like Stoke?) and they aren’t going to kick Arsenal off the pitch. Man City beat them 6-3 last season, but Arsenal had as many chances in that game and it wasn’t a steamrollering. I think City will lose this – and that would be a disaster for them.

FFS Is Wellshit the new Messi all of a sudden?
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Degenerate Crackhead and Lawro week 4

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:44 am

1-1 is Lawro's standard score for when big teams play each other (and also for when he thinks Liverpool will be beaten but doesn't like to say so).

As far as Wellbeck is concerned, anyone who follows his career will realise he has used up his goal ration for this month.
Last edited by Hutch's Shoulder on Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carolina-blue » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:34 pm

How exactly will a loss be disastrous !!
Prick.
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:58 pm

carolina-blue wrote:How exactly will a loss be disastrous !!
Prick.

Could we on 4 defeats on the bounce was said at 5aside last night by a rag....
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sheblue » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:32 pm

Like Merson, FFS who gives a shit what he thinks.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Return to The Maine Football forum