Friday's B****x

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Friday's B****x

Postby Chinners » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:03 am

THE BOLLOX

It’s like the quiet before the storm as far as City-orientated news is concerned as we patiently await Manuel Pellegrini’s pre-Arsenal press conference and the hints of team news that come with it. Here’s the best that the media have to offer this Friday morning…
Following a heavy tackle received whilst on international duty by (ironically enough) the Gunner’s Lukas Podolski, Pablo Zabaleta hopes to be fit or the Saturday lunchtime showdown at the Emirates although the combative Argentine faces a race again time.
The Manchester Evening News quote Zaba from his recent interview with mcfc.co.uk:
“"It was a hard tackle and I still have some discomfort but it's getting better each day.
“"I've been doing some running on my own earlier in the week but I'll be fine for the game.
“"I still have a couple more days before we play and by then I should be fully fit."”
The same piece by local scribe Paul Handler also hints at other injury concerns for the champions who are sweating over the fitness of both Stevan Jovetic (hamstring) and Fernando (groin) ahead of the game.
You can tell it’s been a slow news week when even more quotes from our interviews appear in the pixelated and paper pages of the media. Again, the Daily Star and Express have sifted through our chat with Pablo Zabaleta and lifted a few choice comments in preview of Saturday’s game.
“"We are much stronger than we were a month ago (at the Community Shield) and we will continue to improve and get back into our stride as each game goes by.
“"That said, Arsenal are a very good team and it is always a hard game at the Emirates. They have improved their squad and brought in some great players to strengthen their title bid, but we are looking to bounce back after Stoke defeat and we will go there to win three points."”
Elsewhere, Micah Richards has finally lifted the lid on that infamous training ground bust-up with Mario Balotelli back in 2011.
Meeks, who was officially unveiled as a Fiorentina player yesterday following the announcement of his season-long loan to the Italian club took the opportunity to explain what really happened and the Mail picked-up on it:
“‘We were playing in five-a-side match, and our team was losing because his man was always scoring,’ said Richards.
“‘So I said to Mario: “You have to run”. He said something in Italian that wasn’t so nice and we had a bit of an argument, but after that it was finished. We are good friends in England.’”

Micah Richards claims he wasn't given a chance by Manuel Pellegrini and says he fears for Manchester City's youngsters
Micah Richards isn’t your typical Brit abroad. He isn’t in Italy just to party. He’s here, in Florence, to rebuild his once burgeoning reputation.
The defender once heralded as the undisputed successor to Gary Neville’s England right back slot has had 18 months to forget.
There are various theories to explain Richards’s fall from grace. Injury is one; the form of Pablo Zabaleta another.
Former Manchester City boss revealed his superstitious side when he banned players from wearing purple at the club.
The 49-year-old believed that the colour brought bad luck.
His failure to convince Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini of his abilities is, perhaps, the most pertinent reason.
Speaking for the first time since calling time on his 12-year career at City, Richards provided his own account of why he feels his career has hit a brick wall.
‘I don’t have any bad feelings towards the club. They put me on the map and gave me a chance when I was 17,’ said Richards. ‘But I do have bad feelings towards the playing time (I was given). For any player, when you’re not playing it’s frustrating. When Roberto Mancini was in charge, he would rotate the full backs.
‘When we won the league in 2012, I played more than Zabaleta. So, I feel as though I could have been given more chances to play (under Pellegrini). I felt like I had improved and that I could do it at that level.’
Richards, who also revealed his hope of breaking back into England contention, admits he has doubts over whether City’s current youngsters will ever emulate his achievement of breaking into the first team.
Dedryck Boyata, a Belgian, is the only ‘club-trained’ player in City’s Champions League squad.
‘It’s going to be hard for them to come through. If you look at the squad now there’s 22 international players,’ Richards said. ‘You’re going to have to be extra special to get through. Hopefully, the new facilities they are building will help to bring young players through. It would be nice to see more coming from the academy, but the standard’s pretty high now.
‘The manager [Pellegrini] always said if you’re good enough, you’ll get a chance. I hope he sticks to his word. But I decided I wanted to go somewhere where I had the opportunity to be No 1.’
He’s got that chance now, amid the plush surroundings of Tuscany. The prospect of playing on the same flank as Colombia’s World Cup sensation Juan Cuadrado this season has re-invigorated the defender.
Richards was chirpy at his official unveiling at the Stadio Artemio Franchi; his difficult 18 months now a bygone chapter. His season-long loan to Fiorentina, however, has come at considerable emotional expense.
Facts and figures show that Micah Richards' career has taken a down turn at the Etihad Stadium
The 26-year-old is very close to his family; leaving them back in England has been a huge wrench, according to those close to Richards. But he wanted it this way. The hard way. He could easily have stayed in the Barclays Premier League — his comfort zone.
Richards had a firm loan offer from West Ham, who made their interest known in the defender just hours after their opening-day defeat by Tottenham.
Likewise, Richards could have easily sat back and picked up his £70,000-per-week salary at the Etihad Stadium, knowing full well he’d have virtually no chance of playing and that his contract ran out at the end of the season.
But his mind was made up. The move to Fiorentina had been in the pipeline for three weeks. As discussions between the Serie A club and Richards’s representatives progressed, the more the defender’s eyes widened.
‘I had interest from English clubs, Man City offered me a five-year contract to stay, but for me I wanted to come somewhere I could make a fresh start,’ he said.
‘A lot of players in England just want to stay but I wanted to play abroad, I’ve always wanted to do that. This was the best option for me. I watched Italian football on TV, the pace looks slower, but more technical.
‘Teams look after the ball a bit better. That’s what Italy is known for and tactically I want to improve my game.
‘For example, sometime in games you can fizzle games out, I learned that under Mancini. I learned a lot from Mancini and he is one of the reasons I came here, too.
Micah Richards decided to leave Manchester City having been there since 2001
But even with the Florence sun beating down on him yesterday, rainy Manchester was never too far from his thoughts.
‘Leaving City was always going to be sad after 12 years, it was hard for me to leave because I know nothing else but Manchester City,’ he said.
With the influx of big-money foreign signings, you wonder where City’s next Micah Richards is coming from.

Manchester City hungry for revenge over Arsenal says Pablo Zabaleta
PABLO ZABALETA insists Manchester City are out for revenge in tomorrow's mouth-watering clash with Arsenal.
Manchester City travel to the Emirates hell-bent on making amends for their 3-0 defeat to the Gunners in the Community Shield.
The shock hammering in August was the biggest loss City have suffered since Manuel Pellegrini took charge in 2013.
Now Zabaleta has told the Gunners to forget about thrashing Pellegrini's men again when the title rivals go head-to-head at the Emirates.
The champions are still licking their wounds following the shock home defeat to Stoke before the international break and Zabaleta wants City to take out their frustration on the Gunners.
He said: "Arsenal are a very good team and it is always a hard game at the Emirates.
"They have improved their squad and brought in some great players to strengthen their title bid, but we are looking to bounce back after the Stoke defeat and we will go there to win.
"It (Community Shield) was the first game of the campaign and the squad were not all back from the summer or were one hundred per cent fit.
"We are much stronger than we were a month ago and we will continue to improve and get back into our stride as each game goes by."
Zabaleta admits City will have to stop new Gunners sensation Alexis Sanchez if they are to leave the Emirates with all three points.
The Chile star has made an impressive start to life in the Premier League following his £36m summer switch from Barcelona.
And Zabaleta added: "Sanchez is a very quick, sharp player who can play wide or as a striker, but I feel he is most dangerous when he is on the flanks.
"He did very well at Barcelona and he is a difficult player to face because you know you are in for a tough afternoon when you face him.
"He is also works very hard for the team, especially when they don't have the ball and he has become a very important player for Chile so he is a great signing for Arsenal."

Blues survivor Boyata holding onto City dream
He has been written off time and again, but Manchester City's Belgian defender Dedryck Boyata still believes in his Blues future.
Dedryck Boyata is a genuine Manchester City survivor.
He was at the club before Sheikh Mansour’s stunning takeover, and seven years later he remains the only Academy graduate still in the first team set-up.
He has been written off time and again but Manuel Pellegrini saw enough in the Belgian to offer him a new two-year deal at the end of last season.
He signed it, despite an uphill battle for a place in the team. Now fellow long-server Micah Richards has headed to sunnier climes with Fiorentina, Boyata is effectively the last man standing.
“I could say it’s an honour to be the player who has come through the Academy,” Boyata told M.E.N. Sport ahead of tomorrow’s lunchtime clash with Arsenal.
“I’ve been here for a long time now. We all know how Micah was an important person at the club. I respect Micah with all my heart – a great person and good player.
“It feels good. Even though I came through the Academy, we all have the same goal to go as far as possible, to be as good as possible.”
Boyata is, somewhat controversially, City’s only club-trained player in the reduced 21-man Champions League squad.
A squad would normally require four club-trained players out of 25 but City’s allocation changed with their overall squad reduction, causing a few feathers to be ruffled among rival clubs.
Regardless of the politics, Boyata is honoured to be included.
“I’m definitely happy to be part of the squad,” he said. “We all know how good the squad is, we always want to show what you can do and I’m happy to be part of the team. I’ve had ups and downs, obviously I’m going to take it as a positive thing.
“There is a lot of competition but I’m confident I will get my chance to play and show what I can do. I wouldn’t be here if I wouldn’t have my chances.”
It is a good job Boyata is tough physically and mentally. In a squad jammed full of world class talent, he has been an easy target for fans searching for a weak link at the club.
“If I had to listen to what everyone thinks, I would have been gone a long time ago,” he added. “My way is different than everyone else because I had to take decisions, and I always wanted to take the right decisions. I could have gone and played somewhere else but you just never know what can happen.
“I think I’ve been showing people what I can do, if I never had the quality I wouldn’t even be here today.”
Boyata was taking part in a City in the Community event yesterday aimed at gang awareness.
It is an issue close to his heart, with a number of his former friends and team-mates from his time growing up in Brussels being dragged onto the wrong path in life.
With the guidance of his parents, he steered clear of trouble to battle his way to City. So it is perhaps no surprise he has stayed the course at the Etihad for so long.
Boyata added: “I’ve seen a lot of bad things when I was growing up. I’ve got a lot of friends in jail, still today. The first thing is what your parents educate you. And you should come to a point when you should know right from wrong and you have to make a choice.
“When I was younger my difference was I grew up with parents who were really close to me. I didn’t have the chance to go and do whatever I wanted.
“My father has always been into football, so whenever I had free time instead of just going out and about my father would take me to train, so that’s the difference.”
One of the players that will block Boyata’s path to the first team is new £32m man Eliaquim Mangala.
Despite the competition, the two have struck up an instant friendship.
“I get on very well with him because we have so many friends in common. He’s half-Belgian half-French, he’s a good player, he’s a tough defender, really tight on the men.
“He’s quick. He’s a really good player, I understand that the fans want to see him but they will.”
Fans might well see him against Arsenal, a game which Boyata knows will be a hard one.
“We all know the game is going to be tough, with their new signings and now obviously all the games coming up it’s going to be tough, we just have a few days to rest in between. But it’s not the first year we do that.”
Dedryck Boyata took part in a ‘City in the Community’ gang awareness project with local youngsters from The East Manchester Academy. For more information, visit mcfc.co.uk/community

Manchester City must face reality that real doubts still surround Joe Hart
One of the more fascinating aspects of this Saturday’s much-anticipated encounter pitting Arsenal against Manchester City will be the contest which sees Danny Welbeck versus his England team-mate Joe Hart.
On the back of his brace during the comfortable 2-0 win over the Swiss, the Gunners’ new signing should be in fine fettle and will no doubt be relishing the prospect of breaking from the leash which restricted his time at Old Trafford of that of an erstwhile substitute.
Standing in his way is a man whom many respected purveyors of the goalkeeping game continue to hold the collective judgement that he is simply not being all that he is made up to be.
There is a school of thought out there that considers Hart as someone who of the consequence of having his reputation damaged in recent seasons thanks to poor judgement. This in turn has led to a loss of confidence from his manager and those who oversee City’s footballing operation.
Indeed, senior player that he is Hart has not been deemed important enough by the club’s hierarchy to have his future firmly tied to the current champions, whilst the likes of Vincent Kompany, Sergio Aguero, David Silva and Edin Dzeko have been awarded long-term deals.
Hart has two more years of his current contract to run but the signs it must be said are ominous.
Manuel Pellegrini has a history of doubting that England’s No.1 possesses all the attributes required to be viewed as one of the world’s most able goalkeepers.
Last season remember he was dropped after dropping a clanger against Chelsea with Romanian back up Costel Pantilimon offered the opportunity to stake a claim as the first choice between the sticks.
And during the summer City splashed out £6million to secure the services of Willy Caballero from Malaga, although the Argentine didn’t do himself any favours when he flopped miserably in the 3-0 Community Shield thumping at the hands of Arsenal.
However, he may have the chance to redeem himself shortly, Hart himself remember could be apportioned a real chunk of the blame for the goal City conceded in their last match – a surprise 1-0 home loss to Stoke City.
Hart, 27, possesses all the hallmarks of someone who thanks to perseverance, good fortune and high technical abilities has it all at his age.
A regular place in goal for one of the biggest clubs in Europe, the undisputed accolade as first pick for England, the obligatory trophy wife as well as being the face of a popular advertising campaign and all the riches that come with being at the top of his profession.
However, when closely scrutinised real faults can be found in his game which simply refuse to go away thus increasing the scepticism and concern seen through the eyes of his manager.
A tendency for rash decisions, failure to command his box at set pieces and an unwanted reputation for being beaten by shots many of his contemporaries seem capable of stopping have installed doubts he really should be judged at the same level of a Manuel Neuer or Thibault Courtious.
So, don’t be surprised if it is Mr Welbeck and not Mr Hart who will enjoy his weekend more.

Spoiler: Show/Hide
Spoilbox

Manchester United will offer Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo, 29, a weekly wage of £300,000 to lure him back to Old Trafford. (Daily Express)

United and Chelsea are to be told publicly by Real Madrid that they have no chance of signing forward Ronaldo. (Independent)

Bayern Munich midfielder and World Cup hero Mario Gotze, 22, has revealed he would be open to a move abroad if an opportunity arose. (DSSC)

Roma's sporting director Walter Sabatini, 59, insists Manchester United target Kevin Strootman, 24, is not for sale. (Sky Sports Understands)

Everton manager Roberto Martinez says he may revive his interest in signing Manchester United midfielder Tom Cleverley, 25 - currently on loan at Aston Villa - next summer. (Daily Mirror)

Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois's new five-year deal could pave the way for 32-year-old Petr Cech to leave Stamford Bridge in January, with Real Madrid and PSG interested. (Daily Mirror)

Arsenal legend Robert Pires, 40, insists signing for Goa in the inaugural Indian Super League is not motivated by money. (DSSC)

Aston Villa midfielder Jack Grealish, 19, has been offered a new four-year contract by the club to ward off interest from Chelsea. (Sun - subscription required)

Chelsea outcast, forward Lucas Piazon, 20, has admitted that he could leave Stamford Bridge on a permanent basis. (Daily Express)

Sunderland manager Gus Poyet, 46, says he is not happy with the club's business in the summer transfer market. (Sky Sports Understands)

Poyet admits he could make another move in January for long-term target Fabio Borini, the 23-year-old Liverpool striker. (Sun)

Derby have been linked with a loan move for 19-year-old Chelsea midfielder Lewis Baker. (Derby Evening Telegraph)

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says he would never have signed striker Danny Welbeck, 23, if he had not gone to Rome to meet the Pope on transfer deadline day. (Times )

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew admits he has lost the trust of fans at St James' Park. (Independent)

Tottenham Hotspur have received a preliminary takeover approach from a consortium of American businessmen. (Daily Telegraph)

West Brom manager Alan Irvine has pleaded with fans to give him time to get the club's summer signings to gel. (Guardian)

Celtic failed in a deadline-day bid to sign Barcelona forward Jean-Marie Dongou, 19. (Daily Record)

Stoke winger Brek Shea, 24, says he is excited to play regular football after joining Birmingham City on loan. (Stoke Sentinel)

Midfielder Adnan Januzaj, 19, says he is happy at Manchester United despite the arrival of Angel Di Maria, 26, and Radamel Falcao, 28, who could well block his route to a regular first-team spot. (Daily Mirror)

Everton and England midfielder Ross Barkley, 20, is ahead of schedule on the comeback trail and could be back in training within the next month. (Daily Mirror)

Aston Villa loan midfielder Tom Cleverley, 25, believes his days at Manchester United are over after being told to find a new club by manager Louis van Gaal. (Daily Telegraph)

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert says Cleverley's preferred option was always to join the Midlands club, despite interest from Everton. (DSSC)

Celtic manager Ronny Deila insists defender Virgil van Dijk, 23, is happy at the club despite being denied a move to the Premier League during the transfer window. (Scotsman)

A host of footballers have paid their tributes on social media to the victims of the 9/11 attacks in New York. (DSSC)

Everton goalkeeper Tim Howard, 35, asked his followers how his hair was looking on the club's team photo.

The Invictus Games - the international sporting event for wounded, injured and sick servicemen and women - is taking place in London this week, and Manchester United forward Wayne Rooney, 28, is one of those wishing the competitors all the best.

AFC Wimbledon striker Adebayo Akinfenwa, 32, has been officially announced as Fifa 15's strongest player, EA Sports has confirmed. (Evening Standard)

Italian side Napoli have launched a new third kit that is designed to look like it is made of denim. (Sun)
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Friday's B****x

Postby Goaters 103 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:08 am

Some self-delusional stuff from Micah there. Clue - you didn't play much under Pellegrini because you were either a) injured, b) not good enough. Fact.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:30 pm

disappointing to see that from micah. seems to be one of the (few) players who preferred mancini.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:10 pm

I'd suggest we get the full interview with Micah prior to giving him the verbal. There were a few stung with the supposed Jack Rodwell quotes and I wouldn't like to see that again, slating an ex-player just because the Mirror/Sun etc decided to make up their own quotes.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dameerto » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:15 pm

Oh the irony of using the recent England game to big up Welbeck while ignoring Hart's contribution to that very same match.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:43 pm

So the rags are going to tempt the diving transvestite back by offering him a pay-cut. Nice.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:45 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:So the rags are going to tempt the diving transvestite back by offering him a pay-cut. Nice.

They've offered the little boy inside him the difference
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:15 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I'd suggest we get the full interview with Micah prior to giving him the verbal. There were a few stung with the supposed Jack Rodwell quotes and I wouldn't like to see that again, slating an ex-player just because the Mirror/Sun etc decided to make up their own quotes.

Indeed. I'm 100% sure the papers have put their own negative spin to the story
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:05 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:So the rags are going to tempt the diving transvestite back by offering him a pay-cut. Nice.

They've offered the little boy inside him the difference

They missed the bus there, the time to resign him was before Fergie left. Nothing for him to gain in Trafford now.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby patrickblue » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:39 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I'd suggest we get the full interview with Micah prior to giving him the verbal. There were a few stung with the supposed Jack Rodwell quotes and I wouldn't like to see that again, slating an ex-player just because the Mirror/Sun etc decided to make up their own quotes.

Indeed. I'm 100% sure the papers have put their own negative spin to the story

You're certainly not kidding, the headline is totally misleading to say the least.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Return to The Maine Football forum