Financial Foul Play - The End is Nigh

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Financial Foul Play - The End is Nigh

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:04 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I actually take this as a personal attack against my club, and therefore me, now. You can see the fuckers laughing around that big round table, quaffing fine brandy, dipped with expensive Cubans, flicking their ash on the City shirt.

The more I think about it the more fucking annoyed I get, it's beyond comprehension was these corrupt bastards are getting away with.

Is it any wonder we can't get into the spirit of things at the game when they look at us in such distain.

That's how I feel.

It's gone from annoyance, to wanting to get Platini, Gill, Rummenigge etc in a back alley & & kick the living shit out of them.

I can't think of an example in any other walk of life where this kind of open, sneering, corruption is allowed. You would have to go & live in some tin pot dictatorship to witness this kind of blatant abuse of power.

If I was the Sheikh, I would create a whole organisation just to find ways to fuck these characters up.

elegantly put gentlemen
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:07 pm

Short-sighted move by the established powers. How much better to have devoted the fines to grass roots developments in small European nations.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:09 pm

I'm sure glad that Soccs has it on good authority that we support this and can't wait to get our bungs when we are in the cartel. Hey...ho.

Cheers

P.S. I said like two years ago that this was the most mafioso bullshit story I'd ever heard in professional sports and I'm glad that's turning out to be the case. These corrupt cunts can't possibly get away with this. Its laughable. Something out of fuckomg Hunger Games or Divergent. Really silly stuff that doesn't hold water even for children.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Socrates » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:17 am

jesus H christ, my position from day 1 could hardly have been clearer. I saw FFP as a threat to our club and took it seriously and argued that our owners would have to do the same. I was clearly right to given the fact that we still fell foul of it even with a massive effort not to do so. I hope it fails but I'm still not holding my breath. UEFA has a right to set its entry rules. Doomy needs to take a breather and actually go back and read my positions.

Re Ted's production of quotes to back up City being against UEFA FFP, Khaldoon didn't say any such thing. He made clear he disagreed with how it had been implemented and interpreted and still has never once said he opposes UEFA FFP. The restrictions FA FFP place on how additional income is spent in terms of the wage bill actually makes it far more restrictive in terms of the rules. Hence our clear unequivocal opposition at that level. I don't think the situation could be ever clearer. I know Ted thinks he is above the club and that they read his posts to decide who to sign and sell but this is taking narcissism a bit far.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:31 am

Filthy, stinking, corrupt bastards!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:05 am

Socrates wrote:jesus H christ, my position from day 1 could hardly have been clearer. I saw FFP as a threat to our club and took it seriously and argued that our owners would have to do the same. I was clearly right to given the fact that we still fell foul of it even with a massive effort not to do so. I hope it fails but I'm still not holding my breath. UEFA has a right to set its entry rules. Doomy needs to take a breather and actually go back and read my positions.

Re Ted's production of quotes to back up City being against UEFA FFP, Khaldoon didn't say any such thing. He made clear he disagreed with how it had been implemented and interpreted and still has never once said he opposes UEFA FFP. The restrictions FA FFP place on how additional income is spent in terms of the wage bill actually makes it far more restrictive in terms of the rules. Hence our clear unequivocal opposition at that level. I don't think the situation could be ever clearer. I know Ted thinks he is above the club and that they read his posts to decide who to sign and sell but this is taking narcissism a bit far.

the fact that i read that entire post disturbs me even more than your disturbing content included in it.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:53 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Socrates wrote:jesus H christ, my position from day 1 could hardly have been clearer. I saw FFP as a threat to our club and took it seriously and argued that our owners would have to do the same. I was clearly right to given the fact that we still fell foul of it even with a massive effort not to do so. I hope it fails but I'm still not holding my breath. UEFA has a right to set its entry rules. Doomy needs to take a breather and actually go back and read my positions.

the fact that i read that entire post disturbs me even more than your disturbing content included in it.

cheers

I take it that you're suitably disturbed then Doomie.

Mind you, I'd be disturbed if you weren't, because this is a very disturbing subject, worthy of disturbing far more disturbingly disturbed people than you disturbingly appear to be.

Whilst we're on the subject, why are you so disturbed ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:25 am

the fact that the money from the FFP fines will be given to other clubs to help them avoid failing FFP is very ironic. Imagine if Chelsea/Barca/Madrid scrape through the FFP audit by the skin of their teeth thanks to the money GIVEN to them by UEFA.

I agree with Rural, it should be grass roots funding only. It is totally in your face corruption, it couldn't be more blatant.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:36 am

Bollox to where the money should go. The fine should never have been levied in the first place. Let's not forget that basic fact.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:40 am

Socrates wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:City don't back FFP at all, they voted against it & fought to stop it being brought into the Premier League, so they are hardly going to be backing it in Europe.

Not one shred of evidence to suggest City backed ffp anywhere at any time. They have reserved the right to take legal action as well.

Absolutely the plan has been to break even & become self sufficient, but that's got fuck all to do with ffp, it's just that nobody in their right mind would want to keep spending 100 mil per year on a football club, when it's perfectly capable of financing itself long term.

They opposed the Premier League version as it is more restrictive and, more importantly, removed the option of spending as they wished and just being restricted for a while in UEFA competitions. They certainly have made no such noises about the UEFA version other than when they felt they were being treated unfairly by the sanctions under it. Is perfectly possible to back one but not the other if you see one as ultimately being in your favour but not the other.

I'm not clear whether you are accusing me of lying with my quotes, or Khaldoon of lying when he clearly said he disagrees with UEFA & you thnk he didn't.

Once again part of a quote from Khaldoon: '. these rules and regulations which have been put in place, which have a particular model in mind, in that they preserve other models that I disagree with '.

He is taliking about FFP preserving OTHER business models, which he disagrees with. This after saying how he disagrees with their punishement of OUR business model

Clearly, that refers to the likes of rags etc who can pile on debt, & continue to be helped by FFP & us being punished. WHAT ELSE CAN IT MEAN ??

Seeing as you, me & pretty much everyone on here, every City fan, plus Martin Samuel, even down to Richard Keys & Andy Gray ALL know that the purpose of FFP is to keep the likes of Utd in their position, & stitching clubs like us up, & that Khaldoon says he disagrees with it, HOW THE FUCK CAN ANYONE, ANYWHERE INTERPRET THAT AS CITY AGREEING WITH FFP ?

The answer is; they can't & won't. ONLY YOU CAN.

If they see it as fundementally wrong, then they don't fucking agree with it. Anyone can see that.

By the way:

Socrates wrote: I know Ted thinks he is above the club and that they read his posts to decide who to sign and sell but this is taking narcissism a bit far.

This kind of thing invites the kind of response you were complaining about a while back & is not in response to any inslult I've made. All I've done is honestly quote what the chairman has said & it doesn't fit in with your argument hence this comment. You have decided to try & belittle me, in order to add weight to your argument, because it has no substance.

Politician.
Last edited by Ted Hughes on Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:41 am

Wonderwall wrote:the fact that the money from the FFP fines will be given to other clubs to help them avoid failing FFP is very ironic. Imagine if Chelsea/Barca/Madrid scrape through the FFP audit by the skin of their teeth thanks to the money GIVEN to them by UEFA.

I agree with Rural, it should be grass roots funding only. It is totally in your face corruption, it couldn't be more blatant.

I wonder if this is anything Mr DuPont can use profitably, as additional ammunition to fire at the Fat Frenchman and his gang of cheats ??

It won't strike at the base roots and concept of FFP, of course, but it might just make a few more people sit up and start to think, if used judiciously.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby blues2win » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:42 am

It's not just UEFA. The agreement to grab our money was taken by the European Clubs Association. President Karl-Heinz Rummenigge of Bayern Munich a well known City hater. The English representative on the executive Board? None other than Ivan Gazidis of Arsenal. Platini clearly threatens worse with talk of FFP needing to be dynamic and constantly evolving. Platini has convened a meeting with the ECA on October 13 to 'see whether any imperfections can be ironed out and whether there is room to further improve the system'.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:52 am

dick dastardley wrote:If it goes to court and we win, can we get our money back??

I am certain we will vigorously pursue our money back plus damages/compensation, as Im sure PSG will as well.

Remember Khaldoun's statement which in my mind included this veiled threat from us. We'll see that money back plus interest in due course.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:55 am

In the spirit of even handedness (or fair play), some sites have left out part of the particular line I quoted from Khaldoon, or missed out the bit before it, others have missed out a bit previous, are all different, it has been badly quoted by most sources, but here for example a random two out of three of them use that line:

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/309217.html
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... al-7147880
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... -penalties

The line I quoted exists in multiple sources & even if it is left out of the quote, the remainder still means the same thing anyway; that City believe OUR model, not the UEFA FFP model, is the correct one & that it will be proven so.

There is no possible way to interpret Khaldoon's comments in any of the interviews as someone who is in agreement with FFP.

Also Socrates claims that City voted against Premier League FFP because it is more restrictive than UEFA FFP.

There will be no circumstance where City would pass the UEFA FFP rules & fail the Premier League rules.

Therefore anyone suggesting that we would vote against the Prem FFP but 'for' UEFA is talking bollocks.

The Premier League allowance is more than double UEFA's for a start.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby RodneyRodney » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:20 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:the fact that the money from the FFP fines will be given to other clubs to help them avoid failing FFP is very ironic. Imagine if Chelsea/Barca/Madrid scrape through the FFP audit by the skin of their teeth thanks to the money GIVEN to them by UEFA.

I wonder if this is anything Mr DuPont can use profitably, as additional ammunition to fire at the Fat Frenchman and his gang of cheats ??

It won't strike at the base roots and concept of FFP, of course, but it might just make a few more people sit up and start to think, if used judiciously.

This is PERFECT !!
These self-serving , self-interested LEECHES couldn't have exposed themselves more perfectly if they'd taken down their kecks on Deansgate at midday on a Saturday. These mafiosi have got their snouts Sooooooooooooooooooooooo deep in their own f* trough they can't see how f* STUPID they are. This is the perfect homing torpedo to sink FFP without trace , and hopefully Twatini and Bladder with it. I bet M. DuPont is still lost for words at what an astonishing own goal they've just scored. Beautiful. Beautiful beyond words.

"Mafiosi" ? Probably a little unfair - to gentlemen of Sicilian ancestry - you've got to have at least SOME semblance of intelligence to run a successful crime family . . ..
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby ruralblue » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:04 am

They moan and whitter about lack of English players / poor coaching grass roots. Give this 49 mil to the kids clubs / PSG fine to French kids clubs and let them spend it on bringing facilities / coaching / organisation to a better level.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:12 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

cheers

I take it that you're suitably disturbed then Doomie.

Mind you, I'd be disturbed if you weren't, because this is a very disturbing subject, worthy of disturbing far more disturbingly disturbed people than you disturbingly appear to be.

Whilst we're on the subject, why are you so disturbed ??

Sticking my finger up my butt 1
Mikhail Banter 0

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:47 pm

Matt Scott has just said on talkshite this is a great idea nd all clubs agree...
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Scatman » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:11 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Matt Scott has just said on talkshite this is a great idea nd all clubs agree...

What is a great idea? The end of FFP?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Dameerto » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:25 pm

blues2win wrote:It's not just UEFA. The agreement to grab our money was taken by the European Clubs Association. President Karl-Heinz Rummenigge of Bayern Munich a well known City hater. The English representative on the executive Board? None other than Ivan Gazidis of Arsenal. Platini clearly threatens worse with talk of FFP needing to be dynamic and constantly evolving. Platini has convened a meeting with the ECA on October 13 to 'see whether any imperfections can be ironed out and whether there is room to further improve the system'.

This is what disturbs me the most - I can ALMOST rationalise redistributing withheld prize money to other participants to some degree, but they are going to sit down in the near future to come up with yet another revision to a ruleset they revised in one key area after we submitted our accounts for scrutiny the last time. They might just as well drop the FFP pretence and charge City 20m a season to take part.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum